Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Lunar Run 2020 [CANCELLED]

D3_banner_LunarRun.webp

Date: 9 Feb 2020
Time: 7am-10am
Venue: Bedok Reservoir Park (near Carpark B )
Categories: 8.6km / 4.3km

Registration Link: HERE

A4_Poster.webp 

Race Route

82072298_2556266511316753_47893376984248

Race Pack Collection
Dates: 18 & 19 January 2019 (Saturday & Sunday)
Time: 10am to 4pm
Venue: Our Tampines Hub Function Room, Level 3, near Lift Lobby F (Singapore 528523)

[COMMENT] The popular no-frill lunar run is back! This time at a different venue. Please note that this race has no bag deposit and no race timing. 

Registration close 27 Nov 2019. Do sign up early if you are interested as this race does sold out. 

Edited by lonewolf

First, sorry for the double/triple posts. Pls reply in this thread. I have already informed Mods to delete the other 2 posts. 🙇‍♂️

Car Park B is like literally on the opposite side of Sheng Shiong right? 

Edited by lonewolf

Thank you for the update. Actually I was waiting for this event.

But this year the venue changed to Bedok Reservoir Park (1/2 loops), no more at Punggol Waterway, no more 8.88KM... 😅

3 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for the update. Actually I was waiting for this event.

But this year the venue changed to Bedok Reservoir Park (1/2 loops), no more at Punggol Waterway, no more 8.88KM... 😅

Yeah. And actually, the distance 8.18km and not 8.88km. 

8.88km was another race organised by Pink Apple one or two year back. 

I went to this event last year at Punngol. Well managed. As far as I remember, I think there was a finisher shirt for the runners too.

The medal was well designed too. Can collect all 12 pieces if you start going next year! 

5 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Can collect all 12 pieces if you start going next year! 

😅😅 Collect all 12 pieces...... it feels like a really long long journey, much much longer than FM... LOL....😝

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

😅😅 Collect all 12 pieces...... it feels like a really long long journey, much much longer than FM... LOL....😝

But this is the only race here, i think so, which every year gives u the chinese zodiac sign in the medal.

10 hours ago, starfinder said:

I went to this event last year at Punngol. Well managed. As far as I remember, I think there was a finisher shirt for the runners too.

The medal was well designed too. Can collect all 12 pieces if you start going next year! 

Finisher Tee was only for the Dog year. This year dun have finisher tee. Next year also no finisher tee. 

Yes! Next year is a new cycle. And I really want to try collecting all 12 pieces! 

5 hours ago, beast said:

Any links to see the medals that were given out in the previous years?

I participated this race in the past two years. The quality of medal is quite good, "ELM" level.

Here you are:

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by ZZIZZ
  • Like 1

This 1st Lunar Race was in 2017 (Rooster Year). To add on to @ZZIZZ post, here's the medal for that year.

202787355_2017-02-11LunarRoosterRun02_cr.thumb.jpg.0a89e3fc2b47f7477aa3402ec4d9d833.jpg

For those who have signed up for the race, gentle reminder that RPC is this weekend.

Details of Race Pack Collection
Date : 18th & 19th January 2020
Time : 10am to 4pm
Venue : Our Tampines Hub, Function Room 1, Level 3 (nearest to Lift Lobby F), 1 Tampines Walk, Singapore 528523

Please bring along your confirmation slip or IC for collection of the race pack.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, lonewolf said:

Finisher Tee was only for the Dog year. This year dun have finisher tee. Next year also no finisher tee. 

Yes! Next year is a new cycle. And I really want to try collecting all 12 pieces! 

Oh yah... I didnt realise it... seemed like a good and not expensive streak to follow...

4 hours ago, activerun said:

**LUNAR RUN 2020 WILL PROCEED AS PER NORMAL**

Brave~~~~~~~~~~~

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

Or maybe too early to say that?.............

I won't be surprise to see runners wearing masks. Well, and why not if they feel safe and able to continue running.

The race has now been cancelled. 

Understandable given the situation but really sad about it cos I was looking forward to continue with the zodiac medal. 

Those who signed up for the 8.6km can collect the race medal. But I haven't decide if I want to collect a race medal for a race I did not run. 

Maybe I go run on my own 8.6km, treat it as a virtual race. Then I wouldn't feel so bad about collecting the medal. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Understandable given the situation but really sad about it cos I was looking forward to continue with the zodiac medal. 

Those who signed up for the 8.6km can collect the race medal. But I haven't decide if I want to collect a race medal for a race I did not run. 

Maybe I go run on my own 8.6km, treat it as a virtual race. Then I wouldn't feel so bad about collecting the medal. 

i think you should since one medal less means incomplete zodiac series... and you need 12 years to be able to get the same back again....

6 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

i think you should since one medal less means incomplete zodiac series... and you need 12 years to be able to get the same back again....

Agree. Collect the medal and run the exact route and distance on your own.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:47 PM, lonewolf said:

Yup go as per you suggested...

Any photos on the rat medal? ELM?

2 hours ago, beast said:

Yup go as per you suggested...

Any photos on the rat medal? ELM?

As of now, just the small photo on the 1st post in the poster.

*cough* *cough* ELM medal? No way lah. At least not for a race that cost $15.

Pls note that I am not saying that CSCs (aka neighbourhood runs) organised races does not give ELM medal. The now retired Jurong Lake Run is organised by Taman Jurong CSC was an ELM medal race.  :bling:Of cos, the race fee was closer to a commercially organised race than a neighbourhood race but that's another matter altogether. 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:18 PM, starfinder said:

Agree. Collect the medal and run the exact route and distance on your own.

Yup yup...its a run that I missed totally partly cause I feel there is no pt for me to collect part of the series only... so didnt join year after year.