Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

Marina Run 2020 - [Postponed]

i registered for this race too... looks like i am not going to join any race till this covid-19 is over... or until the vaccine is available even though Circuit Breaker is over... 😐

On 5/5/2020 at 10:29 AM, kohpapa said:

Parliament: Proposed laws will protect event deposits from being forfeited, but do not mean immediate refunds, says Shanmugam

(straits Times reported April 7, 2020)

straitstimes.com-Parliament-Proposed-law

straitstimes.com-Parliament-Proposed-law

we had a previous discussion on this with @beast, @lonewolf...legally, Event Entry Fee is not Event Deposits, and SLA (Service Level Agreement) was never signed, but Races signed up are always Paid In Full without the Participants reading on the Terms & Conditions or Rules & Regulations...have you?

@SG RED DEVIL had mentioned that in future, need to be ready to read on the R&R before sign-up for any Race...should we be signing on what we agreed first and not signup on what we do not agree like OMG! No refund, no signup?

Unless, a collective petition by Participants affected by the No Refund is to appeal to the Law Minister, yes, this is still possible because So many things during this COVID-19 period is no longer follow policy. ..why not...collectively say for 10,000 who paid $75 on average...that is almost $3/4 million...being held by race organizer claiming they paid for cancelled expenses and costs to vendors...is there evidence on that payment, how much...there is never transparency in accounting?

Importantly, we had not been an informed consumer as Participant to Races, and it is time we must be "awakened" because of Covid-19.

Yah I was only wondering what are the chances of trying to argue that race fees are deemed as a form of deposit, to take advantage of the new law, should we need to sue or force any organizers from refusing to refund our fees from a cancelled race. Realistically if there is no refund, I doubt we can round up most the race participants to petition for the refund. Many will just simply walk away as the race fee is just a small sum of money. 

If it is remotely possible to petition under the new law, does the new law has power over a force majeure clause in the indemnity form that protects organizers from refunding even under the circumstance of a pandemic? (Note: I don't read all the rules and regulations so I am just assuming that this force majeure clause exists. I also don't think we can boycott any races that does not promise a refund, as this should be something that will protect the interests of the organizer.)

Maybe we are just thinking too far ahead.

The latest update just now received. Key points listed below:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All registered participants of Marina Run 2020 will be automatically included in the virtual race, there is no need to register again.
To participate in the Marina Virtual Race, all you need to do is to use any GPS-enabled running app, sport wearable/device or treadmill to track your run/walk at anywhere and anytime from 2 June 2020 to 15 July 2020 and submit your files via https://www.marinarun.com.sg/upload

Please ensure that the required details are indicated in your submitted result screenshot.

1.     Date of your activity
2.     Duration Timing of your activity
3.     Total Distance clocked for your activity

For 5km Fun Run, 10km & 21km participants, you will be given a single upload. 30km participants can have a maximum of 2 accumulative uploads. Kindly ensure that you have completed the distance stipulated in your race confirmation slip before uploading your files. Once your file is uploaded and verified, we will mail out your race entitlements to your registered mailing address in Singapore within 3 weeks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good luck to everyone, stay safe, healthy and take care~~~ 😊😊

Was looking forward to the actual run as I've never participated in this event before. Completed the 21km virtual run yesterday. Initially thought was only given 2 weeks to upload result which would be unfairly difficult given the short notice if one has not been running regularly. Fortunately, I've been running 21km every weekend since March. First time did 2x 21km within 4 days. Thankfully my Plantar Fasciitis is still holding up.

10 hours ago, Avon said:

Was looking forward to the actual run as I've never participated in this event before. Completed the 21km virtual run yesterday. Initially thought was only given 2 weeks to upload result which would be unfairly difficult given the short notice if one has not been running regularly. Fortunately, I've been running 21km every weekend since March. First time did 2x 21km within 4 days. Thankfully my Plantar Fasciitis is still holding up.

💪💪POWER~~~~ I salute you sir~~ 👍👍👍