Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

Marina Run 2020 - 15 Feb 2020 (SAT)

10 hours ago, lonewolf said:

While I may understand why the decision  has to be made to postpone the event, I think it's kind of shi**y that EPIC-ESR does not offer to refund the registration fee. 

By 'automatically' signing those who registered to an new unannounced date is ridiculous. There is no guarantee that those who signed up for the run for 15 Feb 2020 will be able to make it on the rescheduled date. 

Given the fluidity of the situation, maybe they overlook this. And I hope EPIC-ESR will honour refund once the rescheduled date is announced. We'll see but given their patchy track record, I will not hold my breadth. 

8 hours ago, beast said:

Exactly. I think the immediate concern of many of the runners is a refund, which is common sense and should not have been overlooked. Just adding a simple liner of saying that the procedures for the refund will be made known together with the new date will prevent many of the people asking about it.

My guess is with the race in 16 days if no change, Marina organizer should have paid all their vendors. So from their point of angle, postpone to a later date is better than full refund. That's why no mentioned of full refund.

The other reason is not much runners joining this race if you noticed that they keep giving better discounts as compared to loyalist rate till registration suspended. So full refund they will incur heavy losses either way.

PS: Run for Light & Run for Hope events are going ahead instead of suspension of events from what i am seeing.

Edited by SG RED DEVIL

didn't sign up this year race but I think they should refund since they don't know dalay till when and it may clash with some participants others commitments then

Epic ESR Pte Ltd FB with reactions from participants

(extracted https://www.facebook.com/epicesr.sg/)

marina-run-2020.jpg

Refund Option:

International participants - travel arrangements and cannot attend any future date

Re-schedule date may clash with personal schedule

Race pack collection date postponed

2021 Slot Option:

Save slot for Marina Run 2021?

Edited by kohpapa

On 1/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Run for Hope

"As the well-being of our participants is our primary concern, in light of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation, we wish to inform you that Run for Hope 2020 on 23 February will be postponed to 16 August 2020."

On 2/5/2020 at 6:23 AM, AutumnRunner said:

This is another victim where race is postponed... not cancelled though...

Relay For Life is cancelled.

At least this event is still going ahead. Just postponed only.