Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

Marina Run 2020 - 15 Feb 2020 (SAT)

16 hours ago, starfinder said:

I like this year's medal. Big, nice and solid!

When you are saying "this year", do you mean 2019? 😝

I thought that the medal of 2020 has been revealed, then tried very hard to search but couldn't find details.... 😅😅 

2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

When you are saying "this year", do you mean 2019? 😝

I thought that the medal of 2020 has been revealed, then tried very hard to search but couldn't find details.... 😅😅 

Yes, I was referring this year's. LOL. Doubt they will reveal the medal design so early...

9 hours ago, starfinder said:

Yes, I was referring this year's. LOL.

👌😆👍

By the way, do you plan to join 30KM next year, to make preparation for SD? (Assuming we could finish FM on SCSM this year...🤞😅)

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

👌😆👍

By the way, do you plan to join 30KM next year, to make preparation for SD? (Assuming we could finish FM on SCSM this year...🤞😅)

If I can complete this year's SCSM FM, whether within the cut off time or not, it is likely I will try next year's SD. It is 6 mths away, sufficient time to condition and train. Also, we do not have a lot of FM here, so I think got to try lah...I have never taken part in their SD's HM, as I think the price is too ex without a finisher tee. LOL

• Haha 1

I wonder if the organiser and management of this race has improved last year... didnt really hear anyone saying much about this race while it was a big hoo-haa a few years ago...

I ran 10kmin my previous Marina run too... seemed ok too... but heard 21km and 30km facing more issues...

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

I ran 10 km this year. Was ok. 

On 11/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I ran 10kmin my previous Marina run too... seemed ok too... but heard 21km and 30km facing more issues...

Why not take part in 21km or 30km next year... great material for your blog...

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, AutumnRunner said:

but heard 21km and 30km facing more issues...

Too late..... I have already signed up 30KM..... 🥵 Let's see...

3 hours ago, beast said:

Why not take part in 21km or 30km next year... great material for your blog...

Once beaten, twice shy... haaa

2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Too late..... I have already signed up 30KM..... 🥵 Let's see...

They might have improved over the years...

10 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Agree. No give chance. Once beaten twice shy.

Even though I ran the HM in 2014 edition, this image of the purple isotonic drink (photo from your blog post!) still traumatised me to this day!! :bad::sick:

20150214_182559.jpg?w=225&h=300

38 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Agree. No give chance. Once beaten twice shy.

Even though I ran the HM in 2014 edition, this image of the purple isotonic drink (photo from your blog post!) still traumatised me to this day!! :bad::sick:

20150214_182559.jpg?w=225&h=300

But actually what is wrong with this drink? I drank the herbalife during the run and found it taste good.

4 hours ago, starfinder said:

But actually what is wrong with this drink? I drank the herbalife during the run and found it taste good.

"A great chef cannot satisfy everyone's taste" 🤪

6 hours ago, starfinder said:

There is a wierd aftertaste and... I dun consider this as isotonic drink actually... and I remember some runners felt uncomfortable in the stomach after drinking...

Edited by AutumnRunner
Change

On 11/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Bro....really feeling like beating you sia...haha...

I ask you to sign up you said "once beaten , twice shy"....firstly you never ran their 21/30km before so when were you bitten before? (or in your case you said you got beaten... I don't know who but  I am glad to know I am not the only one!) , and secondly you said you didn't face any issues with your 10km.....

Then you go poison others to sign up, say they might have improved... when you yourself is doubting them and don't want to sign up...

giphy.gif

Edited by beast

22 hours ago, beast said:

Bro....really feeling like beating you sia...haha...

I ask you to sign up you said "once beaten , twice shy"....firstly you never ran their 21/30km before so when were you bitten before? (or in your case you said you got beaten... I don't know who but  I am glad to know I am not the only one!) , and secondly you said you didn't face any issues with your 10km.....

Then you go poison others to sign up, say they might have improved... when you yourself is doubting them and don't want to sign up...

giphy.gif

Well... I can only say about what I experienced mah..  and for 10km, It is the 1st category to be flagged off and there were plenty if hydration... hope u understand... i only state what i experienced and the facts... 

13 hours ago, sicklycat said:

The purple isotonic in 2014 is from herbalife??

Wasn't it from Pere Ocean?http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19459-marina-run-2014/page/6/

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

I drank it this year. Tot was herballife. Maybe I was wrong.

2014 was Pere Ocean. I think its call Boozt Isotonic.

I can't comment on recent years. I know Herbalife is a sponsor but not sure if they provide the isotonic for this year race.