Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Oxfitt Run 2 - 3rd November 2019

On 11/2/2019 at 7:12 PM, stalky79 said:

Scsm also 4.30am

4:30AM for elite SCSM runners, not for me. My flag off time with SCSM was already almost one hour behind....¬†ūüėÖūüėÖ

The result is out !

32KM MENS = 378
32KM WOMENS = 62
18KM MENS = 316
18KM WOMENS = 121
10KM WOMENS = 95
10KM WOMENS = 60

Total 1032 runners

Hi PinkApple, can issue eCert to make it a "Trinity Run" ?

Edited by activerun

I'm excited to complete my very first 32KM race at Oxfitt Run II. The weather was very good. The venue - ECP was great (as always). The distance markers are accurate and obvious. The route design was smart, no congestion with other categories runners. The organization was wonderful. The water stations are sufficient with plenty of plain/isotonic/cold/normal temperature water. This allows me to follow my strategy to consume energy gel and salt tablets, and I successfully managed to control my HR in a safe range and prevented muscle cramps from happening.

In a sense this is the rehearsal for my SCSM FM, there will be 10 more kilometers left for me. But I know anything could be happening in the remained 10KM. (Looking at the race route of SCSM, from around 37KM to 38+KM, we will be running up to Benjamin Sheares Bridge, hopefully I could survive...)

Less than 4 weeks away from SCSM, let's continue...¬†ūüí™

2 hours ago, activerun said:

The two medals have the same defects, inherited from the same master metal mold.

oxfitt-front.jpg.b2a6ca708147ff30dd4dbcadaec6dfbf.jpg.a5959d6c2dab1e05a1ba6d90df21abb4.jpg 71820234_782283065555225_5827134954009526272_n.thumb.jpg.9d3c8ffd44243363ab2a3a4de1e31451.jpg

I think it’s the design

One think I recall there was no gel, although the guide mentioned water point opposite finish line should have. Anyway already used to the organizer skimped on it so did bring gel on my own.

32 minutes ago, Gusluk said:

One think I recall there was no gel, although the guide mentioned water point opposite finish line should have. Anyway already used to the organizer skimped on it so did bring gel on my own.

I did see gels and pick some at 13KM water station, just passed the Bedok Jetty. Maybe the stock is limited.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, ZZIZZ said:

Agreed. This is by design. The¬†artistic effects of engraving....¬†‚ėļÔłŹ

On 11/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, Gusluk said:

High five gels were given towards to 20 plus KM . It was in a box and placed in 1 corner of a table, you could have missed it because it was hard to spot if you are those grab and go type runner

Yup got gels. I was a slow 2:40 18km finisher and I got a gel (& there were lots left)

Right at the beginning of the table - grab a gel, then grab some water. It was Super sweet.... 

15 hours ago, slow said:

Yup got gels. I was a slow 2:40 18km finisher and I got a gel (& there were lots left)

Right at the beginning of the table - grab a gel, then grab some water. It was Super sweet.... 

I am even slower than you and I was so surprised that there were still gel because usually gel runs out for slower runners than me.

I like Hi 5 better than GU because of its more watery consistency makes it easier to swallow. But it's bit more troublesome to store if you have a smaller running pouch. 

Hmm.. everyone so busy talking about medal defects and gel, no one posted the result links (which has been out for a few days now).

Results >> bit.ly/ORII19_RaceResults

Edited by lonewolf

On 11/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, ZZIZZ said:

The water stations are sufficient with plenty of plain/isotonic/cold/normal temperature water. This allows me to follow my strategy to consume energy gel and salt tablets, and I successfully managed to control my HR in a safe range and prevented muscle cramps from happening.

Bro, could you share more about the salt tablets you take? 

On 11/10/2019 at 9:57 AM, starfinder said:

Hi, I just got it from my friends. You may want to check with your friend or consult the doctor, as it may make your stomach uncomfortable, so¬†I'm cautious to share it. Thank you for your understanding.¬†ūüėä

6 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Hi, I just got it from my friends. You may want to check with your friend or consult the doctor, as it may make your stomach uncomfortable, so¬†I'm cautious to share it. Thank you for your understanding.¬†ūüėä

No problem Bro. I guess these tablets should be able to be purchase from Guardian. 

I got some cramps when I run into 28 km. I guess partly is because lack of salt intake as I took just gel and plain water all the way. 

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

I got some cramps when I run into 28 km. I guess partly is because lack of salt intake as I took just gel and plain water all the way. 

Previously, even half a year ago, as long as I ran further than around 13 - 14KM, for sure muscle cramps will come. Now during the recent 30KM LSDs, I took salt tablets every 6KM, then did never experience cramps; and probably it's also because recently I ran longer and increased mileage. "Fingers crossed"....

2 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Previously, even half a year ago, as long as I ran further than around 13 - 14KM, for sure muscle cramps will come. Now during the recent 30KM LSDs, I took salt tablets every 6KM, then did never experience cramps; and probably it's also because recently I ran longer and increased mileage. "Fingers crossed"....

Yes, consistent long distance training will help. As I run that distance only once a week, I think got to prepare such 'supplements' to be on safe side.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:57 AM, starfinder said:

I use salt stick

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

I use salt stick

Thanks Bro. Where can I purchase such product? And any advice on interval of consumption?

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

I take during FM... 45mins gel and every 30mins salt tablet

Can try here

https://www.qoolmart.com/saltstick-caps-30-capsules?search=Salt stick

Thanks Bro. For me, to take every 30 mins means almost every 5 km got to take 1 tablet. I may just adjust it to longer distance as drinking sports drinks helps to replenish electrolytes too.