Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Oxfitt Run 2 - 3rd November 2019

Got shuttle bus liao at share transport

after my recent 2 bad experience taking paid shuttle bus... will give this a miss and drive there 2 hrs in advance ... lol

21 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Got shuttle bus liao at share transport

Thanks for update.

Strange it's not updated at the website yet.

Here the link to purchase the bus ticket >> https://www.sharetransport.sg/Buspools#/app/routes/event/37

The shuttle bus basically caters for the 32K flag off at 0430hrs so most buses boarding will be 3+

Kinda sux for those running the 18K (like me) flag off 0530hrs. So either you take the bus and idle around for >1h waiting for your flag off time) or u ponied up and take a cab down to race site at a later time.

21 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

after my recent 2 bad experience taking paid shuttle bus... will give this a miss and drive there 2 hrs in advance ... lol

You must be very unlucky. Must be the YRPR. That service every year a little problematic depending on where you board. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Thanks for update.

Strange it's not updated at the website yet.

Here the link to purchase the bus ticket >> https://www.sharetransport.sg/Buspools#/app/routes/event/37

The shuttle bus basically caters for the 32K flag off at 0430hrs so most buses boarding will be 3+

Kinda sux for those running the 18K (like me) flag off 0530hrs. So either you take the bus and idle around for >1h waiting for your flag off time) or u ponied up and take a cab down to race site at a later time.

You must be very unlucky. Must be the YRPR. That service every year a little problematic depending on where you board. 

Straits times run also... China driver don’t know where to drop us off, goes round and round and round... ended up at the back of the start pen 

Edited by stalky79

On 10/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, lonewolf said:

Sneak peek of the personalised ELM medal.

71820234_782283065555225_582713495400952

IMHO rather underwhelming. -_-

Did u think the medal design is underwhelming, or the personalised part looks underwhelming?

I thought the personalised part looks nice! Too bad I didnt join this run.

16 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Did u think the medal design is underwhelming, or the personalised part looks underwhelming?

I share the same sentiment with you. That's why i have yet to join this event.

20 hours ago, sicklycat said:

The medal design is OK. I mean even a badly designed ELM medal is usually better than a good design of lousy quality. :bling:

The personalised part is underwhelming to me. But honestly if you ask me what I was expecting, I also cannot answer you. :P

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

The medal design is OK. I mean even a badly designed ELM medal is usually better than a good design of lousy quality. :bling:

The personalised part is underwhelming to me. But honestly if you ask me what I was expecting, I also cannot answer you. :P

Ah, ok :)

Please be reminded that the Race Pack Collection will be happening on the coming weekend:

image.thumb.png.6d1cb5c24d1ac09af463084e10a2ad8b.png

32 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Please be reminded that the Race Pack Collection will be happening on the coming weekend:

image.thumb.png.6d1cb5c24d1ac09af463084e10a2ad8b.png

Still use nric sia.... report them to authorities

1 minute ago, stalky79 said:

Still use nric sia.... report them to authorities

LOL..... Good catch~~~ 😅👍

Pink Apple well-known for just 'cutting n pasting' so probably just not updated.

Their last race Batman Run Singapore also says use photo ID at Race Pack Collection but in the end its the QR code on your registration  confirmation.

So have your registration confirmation ready. Or if you can access your email on the phone, then it will work too. Cos that was what I used during the Batman Run RPC. I print the email to PDF but the QR code does not appear. So ended up using my email app to scan the QR code directly. 

Race pack collected... no queues. There is a counter With sample shirt of the various sizing. Can exchange shirt provided plastic not opened 

Some similarities between Oxfitt Run and Newton Challenge :

1. Event organiser is pinkapple
2. Pocari Sweat is the official isotonic drink
3. Running socks are given
4. Held at ECP (earlier Newton Challenge editions) with quite similar race route except Newton Challenge's start line was at Big Splash (it's birth place) and Oxfitt run's start lines is at Angsana Green (both Passion Run and Singtel Race Against Cancer birth place)

Except Newton Challenge provided after race "recovery" food.

oxfitrun.thumb.jpg.fe31ae7318ce6980f3df1995c2181c71.jpg

newtonchallenge.thumb.jpg.a14eb42bec1b87c7dcf0d2666e67ae2d.jpg

3 hours ago, activerun said:

Except Newton Challenge provided after race "recovery" food.

Besides, Newton Challenge provided finisher Polo Tee shirt👍👍, I really like it~~~

3 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Besides, Newton Challenge provided finisher Polo Tee shirt👍👍, I really like it~~~

Thank You ZZIZZ for the brought up, almost forgotten with so many participation...

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Race day tomorrow!

good luck everyone 

Have been nursing for my injury since Monday, hopefully tomorrow can endure all the way...32 Km... crazy...

27 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

4:30AM......... even earlier than SCSM 2018..... 😴😴

Good luck to everyone~~~ 😊

Scsm also 4.30am