Date: 3rd November 2019

Flag Off Timing: 

32km - 0430hrs

18km -  0530hrs

10km - 0730hrs

Venue: ECP - Angsana Green

Distance: 32km, 18km, 10km

REPC: 19-20th October @ velocity

Runner’s EntitlementRunning singlet  |  32KM & 18KM Finisher Tee  |  Finisher medal   |  Running socks

OFFICIAL MEDAL: ELM

great LSD for SCSM FM runners

http://www.oxfittrun.com/

AA1C3A23-A1B0-4344-856B-302E0219967A.jpeg

0F66B54F-612E-45DC-B76A-300A8CA47F29.jpeg

Edited by stalky79

It's 4:30am flag off time. I would have joined this run if it's an evening flag off. Too bad, the fees and entitlement looks attractive.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for updating.  As per the organizer, "Oxfitt Run II is not a Bring Your Own Bottle race."  👍

Edited by ZZIZZ

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for updating.  As per the organizer, "Oxfitt Run II is not a Bring Your Own Bottle race."  👍

Yeah. Good to know :thumbsup: I guess this is one of my main decision point (of cos beside the ELM medal thingy :bling:)

And for those wondering how bro stalky79 knows it an ELM medal race. Scroll down all the way to the end. ;)

Does anyone has any issue with Pink Apple races websites (Oxfitt run/Batman Run) using Chrome? For some reason, I can't scroll down when using chrome but no issue with Edge or Firefox. :iiam:

29 minutes ago, beast said:

Fingers crossed that they are bringing the post run food back!

Oh...was this food given during the July run? Or they may be emulating the Newton Run.

3 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Oh...was this food given during the July run? Or they may be emulating the Newton Run.

I am guessing they will emulate the Newton Run since the race format is so similar. 

The post run food was never announced as part of the race entitlement for Newton Run, so it is more of a bonus than anything. They may do away with it anytime. So best to assume that there will not be any, but still to keep your fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Does anyone has any issue with Pink Apple races websites (Oxfitt run/Batman Run) using Chrome? For some reason, I can't scroll down when using chrome but no issue with Edge or Firefox. :iiam:

I'm able to use Chrome to browse pinkapple, oxfitt run and batman run websites, all good without any issues, although I received the "Not secure" alert for www.oxfittrun.com...

You may want to use "F12" or Httpwatch to debug and see what are loaded from the web-page on the back-end, and make a comparison with Edge/FF. Alternatively you can try to upgrade the Google Chrome and see whether the issue still persists... (This is converting to the IT topic...🤪)

image.thumb.png.53709a0c3e11db95af0b74ac6b1e6bdc.png

17 minutes ago, beast said:

I am guessing they will emulate the Newton Run since the race format is so similar. 

Just to add that no more "Challenge 32" held in 2019, as per the official announcement. (Unless anyone is willing to sponsor SGD 40K) 👏🤩

Image may contain: text

27 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Just to add that no more "Challenge 32" held in 2019, as per the official announcement. (Unless anyone is willing to sponsor SGD 40K) 👏🤩

In the email they say that they do not lack the resources, they are confident that they will not lose money, and they are not doing it because they can't up the race experience from the last edition, but then at the end they say if they have $40K they will consider doing it.

So........................ which is which? I am confused. Do they mean they do not have the cash flow to do it?  

Anyway with the SG Run 32 and Oxfitt run 2, there is definitely no more room for another 32km run.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, ZZIZZ said:

Image may contain: text

Actually why keep harping on Challenge 32, this Challenge 32 came out in 2018 bec newton run discontinued, and its like a "rushed out product in 2018" bec no one wanta hold 32km in 2018 surprisingly. So if this year dun have, then dun have loh, i dun see a need keep bringing them.

This year there are races with longer distance. If u dun do, another guy will step in and do. Actually dun need to even write in etc, we as customers are king, dun sound so low like we need them etc...Sorry i a bit frank. 

12 hours ago, AdiZero said:

Actually why keep harping on Challenge 32, this Challenge 32 came out in 2018 bec newton run discontinued, and its like a "rushed out product in 2018" bec no one wanta hold 32km in 2018 surprisingly. So if this year dun have, then dun have loh, i dun see a need keep bringing them.

This year there are races with longer distance. If u dun do, another guy will step in and do. Actually dun need to even write in etc, we as customers are king, dun sound so low like we need them etc...Sorry i a bit frank. 

"This year there are races with longer distance. If u dun do, another guy will step in and do."

Yes I do think that sounded rather harsh and selfish. 

Last year Ah siao and his team stepped in and put together a 32km because nobody wanted to, or was able to do it in such a short period of time. It turned out well as far as I can recall on the feedback, given the time taken to organize it the race experience was good and registration fees were also cheap. Naturally runners who had enjoyed it wanted it to be back. 

This year SG Run included a 32km distance which is a no brainer given that they already had a race on that time and it is just a matter of carving out a different route which uses more or less the same resources.. Pink Apple was also able to bring this 32km back as they managed to get a title sponsor this year.

Yes we now have more choices, but while runners are left to decide what to support this year, let's at least not forget the team that stepped in to help the race community last year when there was a demand needed to be fulfilled. I don't think it is a matter of begging - Ah Siao and his team are not a charity organization, they will also need to review and decide if it is worth the efforts to organize it.

• Like 1

70378397_761697474280451_479970743739953

Oxfitt Run II participants who register before 1 Oct 2019, 2359hrs will be getting a personalised medal after the run!*

Oh wow! I wondered how they are going to coordinate that? Probably have the engraving service onsite. But that would probably result in long queue to get your medal engraved. 

11 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

70378397_761697474280451_479970743739953

Oh wow! I wondered how they are going to coordinate that? Probably have the engraving service onsite. But that would probably result in long queue to get your medal engraved. 

Actual Engraving quite fast.. less than 3mins - I did mine for scsm. If it’s done onsite after run and they have only 1 machine then confirm gg...

Edited by stalky79

5 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Actual Engraving quite fast.. less than 3mins - I did mine for scsm. If it’s done onsite after run and they have only 1 machine then confirm gg...

Even at 2.5 mins mean the machine at do at most 24 medals per hour.

If you have 1000 runners (not impossible with 3 categories) for the race and discount 20% of runners who would not engrave, that's still 800 medals to engrave or a total of 33.33 hours! :startle:80

Even if PA have 10 engraving machines onsite (which is highly unlikely) you will still need 3.33 hours! 

21 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Even at 2.5 mins mean the machine at do at most 24 medals per hour.

If you have 1000 runners (not impossible with 3 categories) for the race and discount 20% of runners who would not engrave, that's still 800 medals to engrave or a total of 33.33 hours! :startle:80

Even if PA have 10 engraving machines onsite (which is highly unlikely) you will still need 3.33 hours! 

I also tried the onsite engraving service for SCSM last year. For that, they engrave both the name and time, so the time taken is longer (they have to pull the timing results from the system). I think the time taken is more like 5 mins than 2.5 or 3 mins, and there was a queue ahead of me (despite having around 5 or 6 machines onsite). I waited for 15 mins in total.

The discount of runners who would not engrave might be larger, given that the queue might pull people off and it is without timing. I would probably estimate at around 600 medals at 3 mins each. 

58 minutes ago, beast said:

The discount of runners who would not engrave might be larger, given that the queue might pull people off and it is without timing. I would probably estimate at around 600 medals at 3 mins each. 

Still would need around 30 hours. 

10 machines is improbable. 5 machines sound likely.

Total 6 hours! :whistle: