SG RED DEVIL

Ridge Runners 7th Anniversary Run 2019

Singapore's Toughest & Hilliest 10KM & 21KM Half Marathon

Date: 25 Aug 2019

Time: 6.30am - 21KM Flag Off / 7.30am - 10KM Flag Off. 9.30am - Cut Off Closing

Venue: Hort Park Singapore

Categories: Half Marathon, 10KM

Registration is FREE thru' online.

Entitlement: A finisher medal will be given with use of app to track completion of run.

Very curious if anyone attended this event for the past 6 anniversaries?

RR.jpg

- Free registration

- A race route which I did never run previously.

"Singapore's hilliest 10km and half-marathon run"

Signed it up alreadyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 👏😆

THANK YOU :) THIS IS THE BEST RACE EVENT EVER IN SINGAPORE!

WHY?

FREE MEDAL!

EVEN BETTER THAN THE BOOKIE CHEAPO RUN SERIES :) :)

Interesting run, tempted to sign up for the 21k, but 2 loops at South Buona Vista and the climb to the park isn't that fun. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Not that I heard of.. sign up for free and there give u a medal after  completion?  Hmn....

That's what i thought so too. Lol...

On 8/5/2019 at 9:45 PM, ZZIZZ said:

- Free registration

- A race route which I did never run previously.

"Singapore's hilliest 10km and half-marathon run"

Signed it up alreadyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 👏😆

All of us are sick of usual routes ie. East Coast Park, GBTB etc. This route is something very new & challenging in my opinion. So which category did you sign Bro?

On 8/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, bookie said:

THANK YOU :) THIS IS THE BEST RACE EVENT EVER IN SINGAPORE!

WHY?

FREE MEDAL!

EVEN BETTER THAN THE BOOKIE CHEAPO RUN SERIES :) :)

Don't shoot me if this is not to your liking after attending. I guess no Bib 'cos using running app as proved of completion. No ELM medal, Anyway, it's free! Lol... Hope you will enjoy the process of running.

20 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Interesting run, tempted to sign up for the 21k, but 2 loops at South Buona Vista and the climb to the park isn't that fun. 

I have no idea on the route but i suspect is hilly which remind me of Marina Barrage slope. Why not try & take it as a challenge? Website did not mention the register cut-off date  so register quickly if keen for something new.

It is one of my favourite place to run, used to run around it when I lived quite nearby.  The route is quite challenging, few major climb follows by descent at Hort Park, Gillman Barrack, Henderson wave and Mt Faber. 

Signed up for 10k, but lets see.

11 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

All of us are sick of usual routes ie. East Coast Park, GBTB etc. This route is something very new & challenging in my opinion. So which category did you sign Bro?

21KM... I want do some extreme things but within my capability... 😆

I signed up for the 10 km run. I had run Faber before but not Telok Blangah hill. It will be a good change and nice work out.

23 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

It is one of my favourite place to run, used to run around it when I lived quite nearby.  The route is quite challenging, few major climb follows by descent at Hort Park, Gillman Barrack, Henderson wave and Mt Faber. 

Signed up for 10k, but lets see.

Thanks for sharing. I will enjoy this refreshing run.

13 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Great Bro. Enjoy the HM route. I joined 10Km route 'cos i expects to be hilly.

9 hours ago, starfinder said:

I signed up for the 10 km run. I had run Faber before but not Telok Blangah hill. It will be a good change and nice work out.

Enjoy the run.

Posted (edited)

This is a no frills Singapore toughest hilliest running event. No registration fee required. No bib was issued & everything was tracked by Ridge Runners app just like Strava,. No distance marker but running route is being marked on the ground  so difficult to get lost. 

Lastly, indeed a finisher medal with a box was given after showing your running  journey summary from RR app. Breakfast was given FOC as per attached to my surprise. Kudos to the organizer!

Will join next year again since it is free. 

#RIDGERUNNERS #KEEPFITLIVEHEALTHY

RR.jpg

Edited by SG RED DEVIL

On 8/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, ZZIZZ said:

On 8/8/2019 at 12:13 PM, starfinder said:

How did your workout guys? Hope you guys enjoy the run. 

One of the hardest 10K, the medal is quite nice. Shirt looks nice too sadly there's not XL size. 

Impressive event but RidgeRunners

Yup, good 10K run plus good food after run. Medal is nice and heavy. Shows the ridge runners are really so proud of their club and willing to invest to celebrate their anniversary! The app was not quite easy to use though. It always somehow reflect 0 and then recalculate distance covered. 

I was trying to compare this run to NUS run (e.g. Bizad). Somehow I feel the NUS one was tougher. Apart from the steeper slopes at Mt Faber, I think the rest of slopes in this run are still manageable. 

Due to some commitments I wasn't able to attend this. Glad to know that the run turned out well. Will keep this run in my radar next year.

So the run wasn't packed or anything like that? How is the hydration support?

Great that it is an FOC run and they provide medal and food after the run. Would be nice if they tie in with a charity organization or cause (runners are free to donate any specific amount to it) so that their gesture to gift a free run to the running community gets paid forward for something good.

According to the apps there were 163 runners participated on 10K. Route was bit packed when started but ease off after the first climb in Hort Park. 

There was 1 water stop at the 10K, with 100Plus and water. I understand from the briefing, there was another water stop for HM route.  

On 8/25/2019 at 1:51 PM, Arvin Tunas said:

One of the hardest 10K, the medal is quite nice. Shirt looks nice too sadly there's not XL size. 

Impressive event but RidgeRunners

Agree with you on one of the hardest 10K medal. Very  good workout in my opinion.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:59 PM, starfinder said:

Yup, good 10K run plus good food after run. Medal is nice and heavy. Shows the ridge runners are really so proud of their club and willing to invest to celebrate their anniversary! The app was not quite easy to use though. It always somehow reflect 0 and then recalculate distance covered. 

I was trying to compare this run to NUS run (e.g. Bizad). Somehow I feel the NUS one was tougher. Apart from the steeper slopes at Mt Faber, I think the rest of slopes in this run are still manageable. 

Glad that you enjoyed the race 

10 hours ago, beast said:

Due to some commitments I wasn't able to attend this. Glad to know that the run turned out well. Will keep this run in my radar next year.

So the run wasn't packed or anything like that? How is the hydration support?

Great that it is an FOC run and they provide medal and food after the run. Would be nice if they tie in with a charity organization or cause (runners are free to donate any specific amount to it) so that their gesture to gift a free run to the running community gets paid forward for something good.

Beast, you should join next year for good workout cum challenge.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, ZZIZZ said:

Bro, how was 21KM route? Challenging? 

On 8/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Bro, how was 21KM route? Challenging? 

Sorry for the late reply. The run was very good, challenging but interesting. According to the RR app, round 67+ participated the 21KM, 50+ completed the race. This is the first time I ran at southern ridges, some sections of route are steep, I had to stop running and walk. The hydration supply is enough, plain water and 100Plus. The finisher medal looks fancy, I have collected 100+ medals, but this is the first one with box (velvet covered). I think I will attend more training sessions with them in the future.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:59 PM, starfinder said:

I was trying to compare this run to NUS run (e.g. Bizad).

I signed up RunNUS which will be held on 8th September. Not sure whether RunNUS is tougher than Bizad Charity Run... ☺️

11 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

I signed up RunNUS which will be held on 8th September. Not sure whether RunNUS is tougher than Bizad Charity Run... ☺️

If it is within NUS campus, I believe much of the routes may be similar. But this is a morning run, which may not be that hot compared to Bizad run which was held in late afternoon. NUS run is notorious for its hilly slopes, a good challenge for those of us who are used to flat roads.

9 hours ago, starfinder said:

But this is a morning run, which may not be that hot compared to

Image may contain: text

Looking at the flag off time, for 15KM, I'm not sure whether it will be hot or not...🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Image may contain: text

Looking at the flag off time, for 15KM, I'm not sure whether it will be hot or not...🤷‍♂️

Longer distance usually start earlier. Don't know why the 15 K starts later than 10 K. Anyway, just enjoy the run. Good workout. Also be careful when turning corners right after down slopes. 

2 hours ago, starfinder said:

Longer distance usually start earlier. Don't know why the 15 K starts later than 10 K. Anyway, just enjoy the run. Good workout. Also be careful when turning corners right after down slopes. 

I have the same doubt as yours, anyway, it is what it is, we just follow.

Thanks for the reminder. 👌