Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Soh Rui Yong vs The Rest of the World : )

If SRY does indeed goes on to be a running coach in future, it would be terribly ironic if he ends up coaching athletes from our neighbouring countries to train their marathon / long distance runners. 

Actually, 'ironic' is not the correct word. It would be a National Tragedy. 

Of cos, that day has not come and I am just projecting on an event that may or may not happens.

But if it does, can you really blame SRY if it happens? 

In Singapore, there are running clubs that serve the needs of recreational and competitive runners...

Soh Rui Yong currently belongs to the Asics Sponsored Team of Runners...as from SRY FB:

greetings.jpg

Team FatBird, once active in sgRunners, also is one of the running clubs, serving the needs of Marathon Running runners both local and overseas.

(info https://www.shape.com.sg/fitness/join-these-free-running-clubs-in-singapore-to-make-running-much-more-enjoyable/)

shape.com.sg-Join-These-Free-Running-Clu

As for Mok and Ashley, RunOne..

(info https://runone.co/category/running-groups/)

runone.co-Category-Running-Groups-page-0

Affilation to Running Clubs are important, because customer base is there...of course, Alliance to who's who is also important. Uncle would expect 2 competitive marathon camps - SRY Marathoner Camp  (Asics) vs RunONE Marathoner Camp. Both camps have SEA Games Champions.

Soh Rui Yong will have an advantage because he has network and coaching-cum-consultant to his "networking and friendship" he has built with his SEA Games "cohorts" over the years...

relationship.jpg

If Soh Rui Yong was not omitted for 2019 SEA Games, SRY should have been a worthy 2019 SEA Games Gold Medalist and SEA Games 3rd Time based on his personal National Record for Marathon in 2019.

SRY had shared on his ambition to coaching as well as personal goal running at around 2:15 (he was interviewed in recent CNATalk) and expected his "trainees or clients" can also achieve that with his coaching.

1. It would be a National Tragedy?

Besides SRY (Asics), there is always RunONE Marathoner Camp with Jed, Mok and Asley. Both  are Singapore-based Marathon Training camps having both local and oveaseas clients.

2. But if it does, can you really blame SRY if it happens?

It is good business sense for SRY to identify and develop SEA Runners needs and aspiration. Soh Rui Yong's future coaching ambition and his continued affiliation to Asics is positively expanding regional business goal for 2020.

3. 2020 is favourable for SRY, definitely will have better prosperous opportunities because he is born in the year of the Goat.

sheep.jpg

"Goats are so selfless that they often hold back their interests for the sake of others.."

4. Seeking reconciliation, let bygones be bygones.

reconcilation.jpg

It is going to be a huat year for SRY. 👍

Edited by kohpapa

4 hours ago, kohpapa said:

In Singapore, there are running clubs that serve the needs of recreational and competitive runners...

Soh Rui Yong currently belongs to the Asics Running Club...as from SRY FB:

I dun think he belongs to any running club. I think Asics is just one of his sponsors. 

4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I dun think he belongs to any running club. I think Asics is just one of his sponsors. 

Soh Rui Yong is sponsored by ASICS (correct)

(info - https://www.todayonline.com/sports/marathoner-soh-signs-5-year-sponsorship-asics)

todayonline.com-Marathoner-Soh-signs-5-y

todayonline.com-Marathoner-Soh-signs-5-y

Soh Rui Yong is a guest of ASICS Running Club (correct)

guest.jpg

Soh Rui Yong welcomes Yuki to family of ASICS (ASICS Team of Runners)

welcome3639d01c01743f2c.jpg

Soh Rui Yong's current running career (and perhaps his decision to coach later) depends on sponsorship of ASICS is what uncle meant in previous post.

"I dun think he belongs to any running club." is corrected with thanks to @lonewolf👌

Uncle has corrected from previous post with:

corrected.jpg

Uncle wishes Soh Rui Yong to let "bygones be bygones" - for the good of the Running Community and the Nation - to seek closure to the sagas with Ashley, SA, SNOC and RunONE. 😀

For this reason, uncle would continue to monitor and update here. Thank you for your interests.

Edited by kohpapa

12 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Uncle wishes Soh Rui Yong to let "bygones be bygones" - for the good of the Running Community and the Nation - to seek closure to the sagas with Ashley, SA, SNOC and RunONE. 😀

For this reason, uncle would continue to monitor and update here. Thank you for your interests.

As a part of the running community, I also wish that things can be settled amicably. 

But SRY is fighting so many battles on so many fronts that I think it takes a lot of personal conviction and strength of character to persevere through it all. For that, he has my admiration.

His omission from SEA games selection is obviously 'pay back' on the part of SA which is shameful. I mean, while he was no angel, it's not as if he has committed serious offences like taking drugs or cheat or any other illegal acts or offences. 

Yes. He has some argument about his prize money with the SA, he cuts holes in the sponsored shirt, he promote his personal sponsors etc. Every one of these seems like a minor infringement to me and could have easily be 'forgiven'. Instead the SA took these as excuse to exclude him on the basis of 'code of conduct'.

Of cos, SRY makes it easy for the SA to do that so he has to take responsibility for that as well.

The 'Ashley' case is a strange one. SRY's comments push both the SA and Ashley into a corner and they have no choice but to defend a (possibly) 'indefensible' position. I suspect that this case will eventually be settled out of court with neither side admitting liability and we will never know truth of the matter.

Reconciliation between the Running Fraternities...outside of the SA and SNOC...must remained strong and firm..

The Good days when RunOne and Soh Rui Yong at 2019 Seoul Marathon (SRY had achieved a National Record) shared with a common bonding...for the Nation..March 2019...

(info https://runone.co/tag/soh-rui-yong/)

SeoulMarathonnbsp20197b99174ec391efd3.jp

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-25947b5ae2167ac69.

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-3.jpg

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-4.jpg

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-5.jpg

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-6.jpg

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-7.jpg

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-8.jpg

SeoulMarathonnbsp2019-9.jpg

We have identified upcoming Marathoners who have been inspired by both Mok and Soh.

Of course, the alliance now will be who's who will be mentored and coached at RunOne (Dr Mok) or ACICS (Soh)?

1. But SRY is fighting so many battles on so many fronts that I think it takes a lot of personal conviction and strength of character to persevere through it all. For that, he has my admiration.

Already Soh had taken his first step by congratulating (DR) Ashley on his belated birthday just days ago.

2. The 'Ashley' case is a strange one. SRY's comments push both the SA and Ashley into a corner and they have no choice but to defend a (possibly) 'indefensible' position. I suspect that this case will eventually be settled out of court with neither side admitting liability and we will never know truth of the matter.

Separate issues for SA, SNOC, Ashley, One Management (aka RunOne and ONEAthlete - Ashley)

We have a word for the sagas all have "miscomm" issues.

Let us not "add-in" any more comments which we know none and flame the issues.

Legally, we can commit "fake news" in every "malicious" words which we could offered as opinions.

Best for all here, is simply report what is true facts, and 🤫 <silence> and don't say too much. Who knows, for in sgRunners, we may have SA, SNOC, Ashley, Mok, Soh, One Management, RunOne, ONEAthlete reading this forum thread and decide to sue "our pants off till bankrupt"

Edited by kohpapa

I just hope that our small little country can quickly wrap these up and let them all train future athletes together for a better National Record... with their vast experience in training and races, we can really outshine others and step into the Olympics... 

According IAAF...Olympics

for-marathon.jpg

Only Soh Rui Yong's ambitious goal of 2:15:00 makes him a probable candidate...and as he said he wishes also for his prodigies or trainees will go for around 2:15:00...

4 recent SEA Marathon Gold Medals were won competitively and fairly with sportsmanship - Only the Best Wins. Except in 2019, because of "Internal Disruptions", Soh Rui Yong is omitted because of "sportsmanship" issues which is nothing to do with SRY - The Best is not Represented and we Lost a Gold Medal.

We leave future matters to the Authority for their appropriate Actions for 2020-2030.

Edited by kohpapa

On 12/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, kohpapa said:

According IAAF...Olympics

for-marathon.jpg

Only Soh Rui Yong's ambitious goal of 2:15:00 makes him a probable candidate...and as he said he wishes also for his prodigies or trainees will go for around 2:15:00...

4 recent SEA Marathon Gold Medals were won competitively and fairly with sportsmanship - Only the Best Wins. Except in 2019, because of "Internal Disruptions", Soh Rui Yong is omitted because of "sportsmanship" issues which is nothing to do with SRY - The Best is not Represented and we Lost a Gold Medal.

We leave future matters to the Authority for their appropriate Actions for 2020-2030.

The qualifying time for the Males Olympics Marathon is indeed tough at 2 hours 11 mins 30 secs. As for now, we don't have any runners who can complete a full marathon below 2 hours 10 mins to comfortably qualify for the Olympics Marathon. Let's wait for future potential runners who can make this happen.

17 hours ago, trailblazer said:

The qualifying time for the Males Olympics Marathon is indeed tough at 2 hours 11 mins 30 secs. As for now, we don't have any runners who can complete a full marathon below 2 hours 10 mins to comfortably qualify for the Olympics Marathon. Let's wait for future potential runners who can make this happen.

I dun think we have many men marathoners that can meet the women's qualifying mark of 2:29:30! :crazysmile:

Soh Rui Yong in KENYA

Soh-Rui-Yong-FB-page-001.jpg

2020 Gold Coast Marathon

Asics Runkeeper and Garmin Training Plans... 

goldcoast.jpg

On 12/31/2019 at 5:32 PM, trailblazer said:

On 1/1/2020 at 10:50 AM, lonewolf said:

I dun think we have many men marathoners that can meet the women's qualifying mark of 2:29:30! :crazysmile:

Besides meeting the cut off time, anyone who is in the top 10 of a IAAF gold race in the open category can also use it as a ticket to the Olympics. That's how Neo Jie Shi qualified for the 2016 Rio Women's marathon race.

https://www.tnp.sg/sports/others/singapore-marathoner-neo-jie-shi-makes-olympic-cut

Of course the men's competition in any of the IAAF gold race open category is much more competitive, and I don't think even with Soh's standard right now he is able to qualify.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beast said:

Besides meeting the cut off time, anyone who is in the top 10 of a IAAF gold race in the open category can also use it as a ticket to the Olympics. That's how Neo Jie Shi qualified for the 2016 Rio Women's marathon race.

https://www.tnp.sg/sports/others/singapore-marathoner-neo-jie-shi-makes-olympic-cut

Of course the men's competition in any of the IAAF gold race open category is much more competitive, and I don't think even with Soh's standard right now he is able to qualify.

thank you @beast according to info from https://www.tnp.sg/sports/others/singapore-marathoner-neo-jie-shi-makes-olympic-cut

tnp.sg-Singapore-marathoner-Neo-Jie-Shi-

The Qualifying time for the Olympic marathon trials for 2016 Game in Rio:

20163d54573b0b0f1a2e.jpg

SA website:

(info - https://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/singapore-athletics-representative-for-rio-olympics-2016)

singaporeathletics.org.jpg

(info - https://www.singaporeathletics.org.sg/neo-jie-shi-finished-her-marathon-olympic-in-31518)

results.jpg

Abuthen for 2020,

2020433215a651900a92.jpg

Neo Jie Shi would not have any chance at all in 2020, because the standard has improved tremendously.

I dun think we have many men marathoners that can meet the women's qualifying mark of 2:29:30!

Only Soh Rui Yong, National Record 2:23:42 (broken previous 1995 National Record) is the only Male Marathoner that has surpassed the qualifying mark for Women for Olympic 2020.

soh18b17b7c0890a521.jpg

If you referring for 2020 Olympics, no. But, if he is able to compete in 2019 SEA Games and that gives him an opportunity for 2:11:30...honestly, he already said in his interview on CNA Talk..His personal goal is as coach and competitive marathoner at around 2:15, as well as those who are ambitions to shared his passion from his marathon training philisophy to achieve 2:15 and better. 

But, Marathoner Soh Rui Yong is Omitted from SEA Games 2019, Soh Rui Yong cannot qualify. What if he was given a second chance to meet 2:11:30? Anything is Possible.

Already Soh Rui Yong was not approved by SA and Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) for 2019 SEA Games, so where is the Sportsmanship for Only the Best represents Singapore?

Unlike for the National Swimming Team, Only the Best represented Singapore in 2019 SEA Games and subsequently, Only the Best meeting the qualifying mark for Olympics during the 2019 SEA Games are bound for the 2020 Toyko Olympics for Swimming.

Let's hope Soh Rui Yong can bear with 4 more years for the next Olympics Marathon Qualifying for 2024 in Paris.  Nothing is Impossible. 👍

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

Flashback : Soh Rui Yong at Moiben, Rift Valley, Kenya (Nov 9, 2019)

"Happy to run 2hr 53min for a full marathon distance at 2,250m altitude, over hilly dirt roads. 3 weeks to Singapore Marathon!"

Recently at Kenya...

soh5e94a6e181046530.jpg

Alvin Chin (Soh Rui Yong's FB):  This is a true and sincere representation of Singapore, building friendships and tearing down walls with our neighbours.

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

Singapore High Court Update: SA to pay Soh Rui Yong $8,000 (paid) and $1,000 for legal costs from the 3 applications.

soh4ef11afe33e03703.jpg

paid.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

The High Court ordered SA to pay another $1,000 in legal costs...

legal.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

Photo of proof in Legal Case vs Ashley Liew

facebook.com-Soh-Rui-Yong-page-00159700d

I wonder if this photo can be proof... it is without.any time stamp... although If what Soh said that this photo is taken 2km after the wrong uturn, then this is impt.phoro but who can confirm that it is really 2km after wrong turn? 

18 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I wonder if this photo can be proof... it is without.any time stamp... although If what Soh said that this photo is taken 2km after the wrong uturn, then this is impt.phoro but who can confirm that it is really 2km after wrong turn? 

I think there may be some prominent landmark in the photo (maybe that small sign in the background) that can prove the location of where the photo was taken.

But this whole dog and pony show and all its subsequent legal to-and-fro makes me wonder one thing. You mean to tell me that there is no timing mat along the course of the SEA Games marathon? 

Surely, the spilt time would be sufficient to prove if Ashley has indeed 'dramatically slow down to wait for' the other runners. Or is it not enough? 

And indeed that SEA game marathon has no timing mat along the course, then its a shocking revelation. :startle: