Sign in to follow this  
beast

S.TGR Marathon 10K/21K/42K - 20 Jun 2020

Posted (edited)

This must be a record breaking feat as we already can register for a run that is more than 1 year from now.  :startle:

YES 1 YEAR AHEAD. And the best part is? You can pull out your registration ANYTIME and they will refund you 100% of what you paid! :startle:

The only catch, besides the deadline of 31 July for registering this to enjoy this offer, is the high registration fees. No early bird, no loyalty rates. 

It is probably one of the highest fees that I have seen so far for a competitive run, and I already think that despite the good reviews for this year's run that happened just last Sunday, the high costs really do not justify what you will get for the race and entitlements, no matter how good it is.

Yes the fees also cover a HK TGR run, but how many of us really do fly out to HK and enjoy the race slot that is included in the race fees?

That said, this is actually a good marketing ploy to get more registration fees. I am guessing the average actual cost incurred per runner is likely to be less than half of the fees (Meaning they don't incur more than $30 cost for a 10km run, $40 for a 21km run and $50 for a 42km run. The resources are shared anyway.), so even if you turn up for both the runs, which is not very likely, they will earn profits anyway.

Limited S.TGR Marathon RSVP Registration - 20 Jun 2020

• RSVP register for S.TGR 2020 now to receive full entitlements and one free entry to any similar distance GreenRace in Hong Kong. This limited offer will expire on 31 July. 

Reserve your bib now for S.TGR 2020 and receive these benefits: 
    - One Free Entry to any to any similar distance GreenRace in Hong Kong
    - 100% ‘refundable anytime’ race entry if your SG+HK TGR entries remain unused
    - Special Edition Sustainably Sourced Finisher Award
    - Special Edition S.TGR Singlet by Uglow(TM)
    - GreenRace Speed Cup by Hydrapak(TM)
    - GreenRace Running Bib/Belt
    - Free bib transfer/upgrade/downgrades 

Fine Print
    - Final S.TGR event date may change and is subject to government and local permit approvals. 
    - 100% refund is available for RSVP Registration only (all other TGR registrations are non-refundable). 
    - Both SG and HK TGR events must remain unused in order to receive any refund. 
    - This limited offer will expire on 31 July. 

Registration Fees
    - 10K SG$60
    - 21K SG$80
    - 42K SG$100

Edited by beast

oh wow......no wonder on the 2019 thread everyone say expensive. 21km for $80. 

Although it seems can pay by 31/07/2019 and if you can't run both in Singapore and HK, they will refund you in full. Hmmm.....?

I can imagine if enough people sign up and they earn interest to refund you happily for giving them free cash fto invest for over 1 year since they refund 100% without any interest......  ?

The only local race I am willing to pay such high fees is the Spartan Race. Even then, it depends on the location and terrain which determines how tough (or fun) it can get.

15 hours ago, kcslchin said:

I can imagine if enough people sign up and they earn interest to refund you happily for giving them free cash fto invest for over 1 year since they refund 100% without any interest......  ?

Good point. I didn't look at it from the big picture but you are right, collectively that is a sizable amount that can help with their cash flow with 0 interest. So no matter whether you sign up or not eventually, they still profit from it.

Really smart.

- 366 days to prepare for it.

- Given the inflation, SGD100 in 2019 might be SGD103 in 2020... ?

2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

- 366 days to prepare for it.

- Given the inflation, SGD100 in 2019 might be SGD103 in 2020... ?

Hahaha!!

But that's inflation rate, so bank interest may be lower?

I was just wondering how much profit is there to be made from interest. Also, judging by the small turnout for the 2018 event, and the high registration fees for 2019, I doubt there's much profit to be earned from interest.

9 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Hahaha!!

But that's inflation rate, so bank interest may be lower?

I was just wondering how much profit is there to be made from interest. Also, judging by the small turnout for the 2018 event, and the high registration fees for 2019, I doubt there's much profit to be earned from interest.

They can also use the money to pay off vendors which otherwise they may incur interest from. 

Anyway more cash flow is definitely good for the company.

Yup - so much spamming of HK events. 

If they offer to sponsor airfare I might consider. LOL