sicklycat

Great Eastern Women's Run - 3rd Nov 2019

Posted (edited)

Date: 3rd November 2019 (Sunday)
Time: 5am - 11am
Venue: Singapore Sports Hub
Website: https://www.greateasternlife.com/greateasternwomensrun/index.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreatEasternWomensRunSingapore/
Registration link: TBC (Registration opens 13th June)

Runner's Entitlements (5k/ 10k/ 21km)

• New Balance Race Tee (worth $59)
  • 21.1km New Balance Finisher Tee (for 21.1km runners only)
  • Exclusive Event Bag
  • Exclusive Finisher Medal 
  • Personalised Race Bib
  • Event Race Guide
  • Finisher’s Certificate (for 5km, 10km and 21.1km runners only)
  • Free Insurance Cover for Race Day
  • Plus many other exciting promotions and goodies!

Race fees:

GEWR Pricing.jpg

Finisher Medal (5k/ 10k/ 21k):

Screenshot_20190607-234946_Samsung Internet.jpg

Race Tee:

Screenshot_20190607-235233_Samsung Internet.jpg

Finisher Tee (21k):

Screenshot_20190607-235319_Samsung Internet.jpg

Comments:

- Pricing is lowest, for those who sign-up at Launch event.

- Surprisingly, Launch event pricing is lower than last year's!

- Apparel brand had been changed to New Balance - Not sure if it'll be good quality... Any idea from more experienced runners?

Edited by sicklycat

15 hours ago, prisangel said:

Great Eastern Women's Run 21.1km race review.

Love doing this race every year.

http://www.prischew.com/sports/running/gewr-21-1km-half-marathon-race-review/

Great review Ms Pris!

Glad to know you're backed on form again.

if not due to your right knee "injury" (?), I believed you may achieved your sub-two hours performance again!

Looks like Coached Aerobic Heart Rate Zone training is rather effective!

On 11/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, activerun said:

Great review Ms Pris!

Glad to know you're backed on form again.

if not due to your right knee "injury" (?), I believed you may achieved your sub-two hours performance again!

Looks like Coached Aerobic Heart Rate Zone training is rather effective!

Hey thanks for your kind words and happy that you liked the review.

Yup, the Coached training really does work. :) 

1 hour ago, prisangel said:

Hey thanks for your kind words and happy that you liked the review.

Yup, the Coached training really does work. :) 

Ms Pris, really envy you gal have professional coach assisted training!

I think I need to work a bit harder with my ad hoc training otherwise will be eating dust soon...

BTW a bit sad unable to see the formal glory of the big local F1 coaching team (likes family bonding members)... has trained or generated so many podiumers including the coach himself...

Can help to persuade Great Eastern to organize Great Eastern Run 2020 open to all ?

Edited by activerun

On 11/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, activerun said:

I think I need to work a bit harder with my ad hoc training otherwise will be eating dust soon...

BTW a bit sad unable to see the formal glory of the big local F1 coaching team (likes family bonding members)... has trained or generated so many podiumers including the coach himself...

Can help to persuade Great Eastern to organize Great Eastern Run 2020 open to all ?

Great Eastern run should remain as a Women's only run. There are women who only participate in this simply because it is a Women's only run.

There has been many races that are open to all already, so let this remain as the prominent Women's only run in Singapore.

• Like 1

There are other women's only run, such as Shape Run, and from what I read, they are well organized and the race entitlements are good.

I hope to have a all-men's run too. LOL. The only race with comes close to this must be the Army Half Marathon run. 

2 hours ago, beast said:

Great Eastern run should remain as a Women's only run. There are women who only participate in this simply because it is a Women's only run.

There has been many races that are open to all already, so let this remain as the prominent Women's only run in Singapore.

Agree "lah" beast! In other countries, there're available all Women's buses also.

My overall race timing always improved quite a lot in terms of percentile thanks to the ladies contribution...

6 minutes ago, starfinder said:

There are other women's only run, such as Shape Run, and from what I read, they are well organized and the race entitlements are good.

I hope to have a all-men's run too. LOL. The only race with comes close to this must be the Army Half Marathon run. 

Ya starfinder, women runners' entitlements are always the best !

This is the second time no Safra Bay run (the most secured running event and  the first in the World with runners'  baggage screening with x-ray machines) !

On 11/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, activerun said:

Thanks... Actually the coached programme is open to everyone, it's not an elite-only training or anything like that. I think there's a link to the coached website in my GEWR blog post and you can find out more about then, and possibly join them if you are interested to join yourself? The fees are very reasonable.

Uhh.. I actually like the idea of GEWR being an all-women's only run.. it's kind of there is a certain vibe to the race that is special to such all-women's events. Pretty sure there are enough races in Singapore that cater to both genders, correct?

On 11/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, starfinder said:

That's the reason why there is a "International Women's Day", but no "International Men's Day"... 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ZZIZZ

21 hours ago, prisangel said:

Thanks... Actually the coached programme is open to everyone, it's not an elite-only training or anything like that. I think there's a link to the coached website in my GEWR blog post and you can find out more about then, and possibly join them if you are interested to join yourself? The fees are very reasonable.

Uhh.. I actually like the idea of GEWR being an all-women's only run.. it's kind of there is a certain vibe to the race that is special to such all-women's events. Pretty sure there are enough races in Singapore that cater to both genders, correct?

Coached is very famous in SG.

Just to keep fit; I'm happy with my own training.

Agree Ms Pris, GEWR should remains as it is.

I'm very glad many of you still active in running (not to be confused with ActiveRun) and "talking"/"blogging" especially Ms Pris, AutumnRunner, Lonewolf, Beast, Jerry Lam, sicklycat, BeepBeep (I hope she is well and active), IceLady (i.e. Tyre Lady), Kohpapa ("ya ya papaya" :D), wonderfulblevic, kcslchin, yh90 and many more...

Ms Pris, time for you to have few children :good: that can accompany you in running... Many SG mothers runners are "Podiumers" such as Rachel See, Jasmine Goh, Jenny Huang and .... who knows, sooner you may be one of them.

Still waiting for the GEWR eCertifcate before it is classified as "Trinity Run".

Edited by activerun

2 hours ago, activerun said:

Coached is very famous in SG.

Just to keep fit; I'm happy with my own training.

Agree Ms Pris, GEWR should remains as it is.

I'm very glad many of you still active in running (not to be confused with ActiveRun) and "talking"/"blogging" especially Ms Pris, AutumnRunner, Lonewolf, Beast, Jerry Lam, sicklycat, BeepBeep (I hope she is well and active), IceLady (i.e. Tyre Lady), Kohpapa ("ya ya papaya" :D), wonderfulblevic, kcslchin, yh90 and many more...

Ms Pris, time for you to have few children :good: that can accompany you in running... Many SG mothers runners are "Podiumers" such as Rachel See, Jasmine Goh, Jenny Huang and .... who knows, sooner you may be one of them.

Still waiting for the GEWR eCertifcate before it is classified as "Trinity Run".

Yup the Coached community has been growing quite a lot in recent years, with the coaches doing more promotional activities and partnering with more and more races. It's a good programme though and I feel that they are definitely helping me.

haha... a lot of these ladies were already speedsters or genetically gifted at running to begin with. Not as though they had children and suddenly they became faster...  lol.

Edited by prisangel