Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

Singapore Kindness Run 2019 - 3rd Aug (Sat)

148cc93e-e025-4cb0-8123-a47755eb5e5f.jpg

a3550f83-4622-4b64-bcce-7c86fc0199ec.jpg

SINGAPORE KINDNESS RUN 2019

Join us for the 3rd edition of the Kindness Run on 03 August 2019 at the National Stadium!

Be Kind! Be Gracious! Get Active!
See you at the KINDEST race in Singapore!

REGISTER NOW @ WWW.SINGAPOREKINDNESSRUN.COM

This race was held at Pasir Ris Park in 2017, at East Coast Park (yes, at Angsana) in 2018.

I thought that it won't happen this year... so... surprise! ?

Usually won't sign up for 10km.... but likely going to sign up for this.

Run inside stadium, cute singa medal, and reasonably priced.....really value for money. 

Only those who run last year considered 'loyal.

If you join the race in 2017 (like me) but did not last year, then you are not considered loyal :rolleyes:

In any case, loyalty is a 2-way street. If the organiser does not want to recognise me as a loyal runner, then it's an easy decision for me not to sign up. Moreover, with a 7am flag off, you will also need to spend extra $$ to cab/grab to Sports Hub adding to the cost. 

So yes I did consider but not willing to spend the extra $5 :crazysmile:

1 minute ago, lonewolf said:

Only those who run last year considered 'loyal.

If you join the race in 2017 (like me) but did not last year, then you are not considered loyal :rolleyes:

In any case, loyalty is a 2-way street. If the organiser does not want to recognise me as a loyal runner, then it's an easy decision for me not to sign up. Moreover, with a 7am flag off, you will also need to spend extra $$ to cab/grab to Sports Hub adding to the cost. 

So yes I did consider but not willing to spend the extra $5 :crazysmile:

Was there any shuttle bus services in 2017 or 2018 that you are aware of?

1 hour ago, beast said:

Was there any shuttle bus services in 2017 or 2018 that you are aware of?

Not for 2017 because I took a cab to the race site. One thing good is that the race is late enough that you can take the cab from 6am and avoid the midnight surcharge. 

I dun think there was shuttle bus for 2018 but I was not paying attention. 

The scale of the race is too small for the provision of shuttle bus. So 95% surely no shuttle bus for this year race as well. If there is, I will probably sign up. :crazysmile:

I think for a 10 km run, 7.30 am flag off is just right. Some are just too early to be there on time taking public transport. Taking grab is definitely an added cost and I don't take it to race site unless it is for at least a HM, normally around 4.30 am.

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Not for 2017 because I took a cab to the race site. One thing good is that the race is late enough that you can take the cab from 6am and avoid the midnight surcharge. 

I dun think there was shuttle bus for 2018 but I was not paying attention. 

The scale of the race is too small for the provision of shuttle bus. So 95% surely no shuttle bus for this year race as well. If there is, I will probably sign up. :crazysmile:

First train for weekend should be 6am if I'm not wrong. I believe it is still possible to take the first train and be there for the 7am flag off. Can save on cab fares.

20 hours ago, puppyrun said:

First train for weekend should be 6am if I'm not wrong. I believe it is still possible to take the first train and be there for the 7am flag off. Can save on cab fares.

Actually, you are not wrong but it will be extremely tight depending on where you stay and how long it will take for you to reach Stadium MRT.

I think those staying Woodlands, Punggol, Boon Lay will find it challenging to reach there before 7am even if you take the first train. 

Also, you need to factor in any late opening on Sunday that may take place due to extended MRT engineering works. The schedule for Aug is not out yet, so you may be hit with that. :crazysmile:

In any case, this is not a 'die die must run one of my streak' race. So probably still won't sign up. 

Yes, depending on race location, it is difficult for those out of the way yet don't find it worthwhile to spend the additional cost to grab. This is why I think 7.30 am for a 10 K run in non-central location would have been ideal.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, starfinder said:

Yes, depending on race location, it is difficult for those out of the way yet don't find it worthwhile to spend the additional cost to grab. This is why I think 7.30 am for a 10 K run in non-central location would have been ideal.

Why would a non-central location be ideal? Shouldn't a central location like Sports Hub be more ideal? :unknw:

OMG! I just realised that this race is on Sat and not Sun.

For Sat, the first train is about 15 mins earlier than Sun so that will provide some buffer (not much) to reach  the race site.

Decathalon is having a 7K race the next day at its Stadium outlet. More info for those who may be interested https://www.decathlon.sg/module/decarace/decathlonRace>> 

Edited by lonewolf

4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Why would a non-central location be ideal? Shouldn't a central location like Sports Hub be more ideal? :unknw:

Yes, sports hub is ideal. Non-central ones like one north (run) and NUS runs are not. Yet these are interesting locations to run in. Just a bit far for easterners like me to arrive on time. Lol...

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Actually, you are not wrong but it will be extremely tight depending on where you stay and how long it will take for you to reach Stadium MRT.

I think those staying Woodlands, Punggol, Boon Lay will find it challenging to reach there before 7am even if you take the first train. 

Also, you need to factor in any late opening on Sunday that may take place due to extended MRT engineering works. The schedule for Aug is not out yet, so you may be hit with that. :crazysmile:

In any case, this is not a 'die die must run one of my streak' race. So probably still won't sign up. 

From Sengkang train to Stadium MRT is less than 40 mins.

So 7am start is doable as long as leisure run. Want to be front of queue for reasons I cannot fathom, then have to other means.

Edited by kcslchin

Completed the race this morning, this is my second time running at National Stadium, last time was ASICS City Relay 2016. The flag-off time was postponed a little bit to 7:15AM, the weather's a bit hot after sunrise. The turnout is not so big, so the road is less crowded. Basically all good. 👏👍

Wasn't that crowded despite the narrow paths and multi-loops.  Disappointed with the Singa medal though.  Not even near ELM quality.  I ran for the medal...😁

20 hours ago, bookie said:

I hope one day you will become kinder too prisangel.

Bookie, you should too. Share more promos and cheap races to us, and be less critical of others. 

4 hours ago, beast said:

Bookie, you should too. Share more promos and cheap races to us, and be less critical of others. 

WILL DO FRIEND BEAST. THANK YOU. YES WE ALL NEED TO BECOME MORE KIND ❤️ I LESS CRITICAL, PRISCHEW LESS SPAM, EVENT ORGANISERS GIVE US CHEAPER RACES AND ELM MEDALS 💗

🤦‍♂️ I'm a bit surprised to see the sentence consists of lowercase letters, then be more surprised to see that they changed back to uppercase letters.........🤪

sorry lost my spectacles, then found again. My phone is set in big size for my easier ready. sorry