lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

3 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

If you intend to be shark food please swim naked so that there is no plastic left in the water.  Swim costume is made from plastic!  (Polyester)

My post for all for Happy 2020 https://tyrelady.wordpress.com/2019/12/24/merry-christmas-good-bye-2019/

image.png.5fdbaab7e81e24a8081506e99304509f.png

noted.

yo, @starfinder, remember when you go and feed the shark in open water swim...zero waste ok?

triathlete.jpg

collecting leaves for "decency" pose before being feed to the shark...because @Lady Ice said, "please swim naked so that there is no plastic left in the water.  Swim costume is made from plastic!  (Polyester)"

Edited by kohpapa

On 12/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, starfinder said:

No worries bro. If you are very keen in running, sooner or later you will accomplish ultra. An achievable goal as long as you have finished marathons.

For myself, I aim to actually complete a triathlon. Personally, I find it much tougher as I have to overcome my fear of water, not to say swim in open sea. And I am just talking about the most basic of discovery triathlon (e.g. 250 m swim) 😅

Jiayou and I am sure u can once u set your mind to it...

uncle would like to give thanks to @Ice Lady for her outstanding contribution, not only for the Greater Green Earth movement in her selfless Trye(less) Marathons, and on her personal reflection of what 2019 had meant to her ....her wishes for 2020..

(extract https://tyrelady.wordpress.com/2019/12/24/merry-christmas-good-bye-2019/)

tyrelady.wordpress.com-Merry-Christmas-a

let's support her....for she is always reminding all..she has been always be a true blue sgRunners..and she is truly our legendary member...👏

May all your resolutions and desires for 2020 come true...show kindness to one another..

We all sing Auld Lang Syne at midnight on December 31 but what are the lyrics? Most people don't know that it is a Scottish poem written in 1788 by Robert Burns and later set to the music of a folk song.

en.wikipedia.org-Auld-Lang-Syne-page-001

en.wikipedia.org-Auld-Lang-Syne-page-002

Enjoy, running1-gif67272db8735d7218.gif

Edited by kohpapa

Please proceed to other non-running forum for off-topic topic...@Lady Ice..we need to end this 2019 SCSM for Auld Lang Syne's sake 😶

26 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

😘😘

Off season running - most of us are already here...you are welcome to join us.. for both running and non-running topics (we call off-topic) 😶 like your "blog post will be about cycling in Singapore"..you can create a forum thread here ...is what was meant in previous post...cheers

moved.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Thank you Uncle - Happy New Year and speak again on the SCSM 2020 thread. The start of a new decade :)

Edited by Lady Ice

All the old posts dug out by kohpapa reminded me of the good old days here, (before the days of smart phones, Facebook etc) 

we shared information on training, races, and actually meetup for runs or makan. (Yes, we called one another by our nicknames)
friendships (and even marriages) were made thanks to sgrunners.com

Ok enough of nostalgia - here is wishing everyone here a happy and healthy year ahead!

On 12/29/2019 at 11:56 PM, gentle said:

All the old posts dug out by kohpapa reminded me of the good old days here, (before the days of smart phones, Facebook etc) 

we shared information on training, races, and actually meetup for runs or makan. (Yes, we called one another by our nicknames)
friendships (and even marriages) were made thanks to sgrunners.com

Ok enough of nostalgia - here is wishing everyone here a happy and healthy year ahead!

It's good to know that u r one of the early members here... when I joined, it was already pretty much as of now, just that there were more conversations.

Posted (edited)

Government will address traffic jam problems with SCSM organisers

channelnewsasia.com-Government-will-work

channelnewsasia.com-Government-will-work

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, starfinder said:

I wonder how they got that number of 70,000 supporters? 

SCSM2019---Home-page-001.jpg

celebrate.jpg

celebrate1.jpg

celebrate2.jpg

celebrate3.jpg

70,000 Spectators were those who were present at the Singapore Marathon Spectators Carnival...while we run, they celebrate and support us...lol

Edited by kohpapa

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

70,000 Spectators were those who were present at the Singapore Marathon Specatators Carnival...while we run, they celebrate and support us...lol

70,000 is a full stadium of people. Doubt all these sites add up got even 10,000 people?

I rather just have 1,000 people cheering for us when we ran through the city areas. 😁

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, starfinder said:

70,000 is a full stadium of people. Doubt all these sites add up got even 10,000 people?

I rather just have 1,000 people cheering for us when we ran through the city areas. 😁

better don't spread "fake news"...

false.jpg

skali u kena pofma

pofma.png

minister Grace Fu already said 70,000 and yet you doubted only 1,000...

learn from uncle, only quote from sources...

there were "mountain" of people and  "sea" of people 人山人海 70,000 supporters celebrating when we ran 2019 scsm...👌

Edited by kohpapa

8 hours ago, kohpapa said:

minister Grace Fu already said 70,000 and yet you doubted only 1,000...

learn from uncle, only quote from sources...

there were "mountain" of people and  "sea" of people 人山人海 70,000 supporters celebrating when we ran 2019 scsm...👌

Hear you hear you ! 😄

On 1/7/2020 at 11:11 PM, starfinder said:

Maybe including those who were impatiently trying to cross the roads, the police officers on duty... and maybe those jammed cars on the opposite side of the road ..