lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

Yeah - know about it from others. It’s great it’s been highlighted as food waste is a big issue in every event including smaller events like weddings. You will be horrified with the food waste from bakeries, conferences etc

35 minutes ago, trailblazer said:

Future runners doing SCMS should target for completion instead of PB timings.

Not sure if anyone is aware of the 500 bento boxes for the volunteers incident?

See the web link at  https://mothership.sg/2019/12/standard-chartered-marathon-bento-waste/

39 minutes ago, trailblazer said:

Future runners doing SCMS should target for completion instead of PB timings.

Not sure if anyone is aware of the 500 bento boxes for the volunteers incident?

See the web link at  https://mothership.sg/2019/12/standard-chartered-marathon-bento-waste/

I think local runners can still train for PB timings.... just need to run more at nights to accustom to the humidity.

Didn't know about the bento incident.... wonder if they could have given out to the runners instead.....but understand they might kena complaint if they had tummyache after that....

For bakeries, from what I know there are some who will donate leftover breads that are still consumable to charity.

I once worked part time in a F&B outlet.... it was so strict that leftovers must definitely be discarded, not even to the extent of letting others or even staff bring home, for the fear of getting into trouble should anything happen to anyone....."Don't play play with food contamination." the boss would say...

Recieved a private message, thanking uncle for explanation why "it is common to expect cramps" in evening runs. Uncle shall explain a bit more in relations typically targeting on age-group male runners only.

1. Stay hydrated. Unlike morning run, uncle adopted every hydration point is important to remain hydrated.

2. Cramps are often target on muscles. So having pre-race preparation to build muscle mass is critical.
 "Each gram of protein contains four calories. The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that to increase muscle mass in combination with physical activity, you need to consume between 1.2 and 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, or 0.5 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight." So uncle adopted protein-loading before the evening race.

3. Experience shared previously (Sundown Marathon) is there shouldn't have a need to do a LSD for any evening/night run. So tapering is long before the race. Firstly, to avoid overuse of muscles for cramp. Secondly, isn't more important to build muscle mass to strengthen to avoid cramp

4. Weather change - when it is cooler, the muscle tend to relax with change of weather. Cramp is easily affected with the temperature drop. So for those, 30km FMers, "I found myself having to force myself run and to complete the race with cramp and pain". Well, you are going into the night time already, and the temperature has dropped.

5. "Testosterone increases levels of growth hormone. That makes exercise more likely to build muscle". Good news for guys, something for gals that is not what they want to hear.

"There are studies suggest that testosterone increases muscle mass by increasing muscle protein synthesis".

"When you exercise: Your testosterone levels vary throughout the day. Levels are typically highest in the morning and lowest in the afternoon."

Hope everyone here can understand why you prefer evening runs than day runs. For us age-group guys,  evening race is a challenging one.

Edited by kohpapa

1. Time - morning or evening. Different people have different preference. Assuming I could finish FM with 5-6 hrs the same in the morning and evening, would you prefer to be sunburned at 10/11AM under the big Sun, or prefer to run in the humid evening at 11PM/12AM? Personally I prefer the latter one. Of course I totally understand that "Different people have different preference".

2. Venue - Maybe Changi exhibition/Expo area is the place can be considered? - this is my personal opinion, as I joined a lot of big events there, such as biennial Airshow, Metallica in 2013. The road is flat, the area is large and less residency/business/people there. But the key factor is the organizer needs to prepare for the enough shuttle bus for the participants and spectators... If it has to be placed in the city area, they need to increase the utilization of East Coast Park, and try to avoid using WCH, just move towards the east side. Comparing with being held in the business area, less people will complain if the race is held in the park, on the contrary, it will attract more spectators.

Edited by ZZIZZ
32 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

1. Time - morning or evening. Different people have different preference. Assuming I could finish FM with 5-6 hrs the same in the morning and evening, would you prefer to be sunburned at 10/11AM under the big Sun, or prefer to run in the humid evening at 11PM/12AM? Personally I prefer the latter one. Of course I totally understand that "Different people have different preference".

2. Venue - Maybe Changi exhibition/Expo area is the place can be considered? - this is my personal opinion, as I joined a lot of big events there, such as biennial Airshow, Metallica in 2013. The road is flat, the area is large and less residency/business/people there. But the key factor is the organizer needs to prepare for the enough shuttle bus for the participants and spectators... If it has to be placed in the city area, they need to increase the utilization of East Coast Park, and try to avoid using WCH, just move towards the east side. Comparing with being held in the business area, less people will complain if the race is held in the park, on the contrary, it will attract more spectators.

(2) - Issues with holding at Changi:
Less scenic, since there won't be any of the iconic city views for runners to admire in their runs
Less vibrant, since other than runners and their families, doubtful that supporters will go all the way there due to inconvenience
Roads are small and narrow, can easily cause traffic jams for those driving to the race site and shuttle buses 

Continue to hold it in the city will likely what they will go after...one quick fix will be to close less roads by running directly to ECP/Changi and then back to city. While it is not so ideal to extend the loopy ECP, this is probably one thing that runners need to compromise. 

56 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

Recieved a private message, thanking uncle for explanation why "it is common to expect cramps" in evening runs. Uncle shall explain a bit more in relations typically targeting on age-group male runners only.

1. Stay hydrated. Unlike morning run, uncle adopted every hydration point is important to remain hydrated.

2. Cramps are often target on muscles. So having pre-race preparation to build muscle mass is critical.
 "Each gram of protein contains four calories. The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that to increase muscle mass in combination with physical activity, you need to consume between 1.2 and 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day, or 0.5 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight." So uncle adopted protein-loading before the evening race.

3. Experience shared previously (Sundown Marathon) is there shouldn't have a need to do a LSD for any evening/night run. So tapering is long before the race. Firstly, to avoid overuse of muscles for cramp. Secondly, isn't more important to build muscle mass to strengthen to avoid cramp

4. Weather change - when it is cooler, the muscle tend to relax with change of weather. Cramp is easily affected with the temperature drop. So for those, 30km FMers, "I found myself having to force myself run and to complete the race with cramp and pain". Well, you are going into the night time already, and the temperature has dropped.

5. "Testosterone increases levels of growth hormone. That makes exercise more likely to build muscle". Good news for guys, something for gals that is not what they want to hear.

"There are studies suggest that testosterone increases muscle mass by increasing muscle protein synthesis".

"When you exercise: Your testosterone levels vary throughout the day. Levels are typically highest in the morning and lowest in the afternoon."

Hope everyone here can understand why you prefer evening runs than day runs. For us age-group guys,  evening race is a challenging one.

I always thought that if you experience muscle cramps, it can only mean that you did not train enough for the run, and/or your hydration/ food intake strategy is wrong... Things like weather change and testosterone levels should not affect cramps that much?

50 minutes ago, beast said:

I think local runners can still train for PB timings.... just need to run more at nights to accustom to the humidity.

Didn't know about the bento incident.... wonder if they could have given out to the runners instead.....but understand they might kena complaint if they had tummyache after that....

For bakeries, from what I know there are some who will donate leftover breads that are still consumable to charity.

I once worked part time in a F&B outlet.... it was so strict that leftovers must definitely be discarded, not even to the extent of letting others or even staff bring home, for the fear of getting into trouble should anything happen to anyone....."Don't play play with food contamination." the boss would say...

Same. I remember in a restaurant I worked in, we used to take the left over food home, and suddenly could no longer take it due to food safety standards https://www.sfa.gov.sg/food-information/food-safety-education/singapores-food-safety-standards

With regards to the traffic..... better coordination and planning will be required by the different agencies especially when they are all kind of in the same zones: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/big-crowds-expected-in-singapore-city-area-this-weekend-with-four-major-events-taking

4 major events were happening at the same time and not everyone read / watched the media information. Perhaps these events could have been staggered? Or better directions could have been provided. Provide directions from multiple MRT stations

SINGAPORE - The downtown city area will be bustling this weekend with four major events taking place at the same time; the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (SCSM), U2 Joshua Tree Tour, C3 Anime Festival Asia (AFA) and Gardens By The Bay's Christmas Wonderland.

This unprecedented convergence of schedules is expected to see hundreds of thousands throng the area, resulting in one of its busiest periods.

As a result, the respective organisers have moved to advise its event-goers on the risk of potential congestion.

Geoff Meyer, managing director of Asia for the Ironman Group that manages the SCSM, on Thursday (Nov 28) urged Singaporeans to gather along the race route and enjoy the "unprecedented mix of performances, food and activities" across three dedicated spectator zones - The Promontory, Empress Lawn and The Float. These include live bands, games for the family, and an LED Lion Dance performance.

Previous editions of the SCSM, first held in 1982 as the Singapore Marathon , usually saw the marathon begin before dawn but this year's 42.195km marathon, half-marathon and Ekiden relay races will flag off at 6.05pm at the F1 Pit Building on Saturday (Nov 30).

The shift is part of the effort to fulfil various criteria in the organisers' bid to get the SCSM listed among the Abbott World Marathon Majors, a series of the most prestigious marathons in the world.

Major road closures will begin from 1pm on race day, starting at the Marina Centre zone, and normal traffic activity will resume by noon on Sunday, after the 5km and 10km races.

"We've worked closely with stakeholders and the authorities to ensure the spectator zones, start and finish lines are easily accessible by public transport," said Meyer.

"We are expecting over 100,000 people coming out to support the race, as friends, family and community spectators come together to show the world our Singapore spirit and join in the next evolution of one of the world's great running events with our brand new evening flag-off."

When Ironman announced road closures earlier in November, it advised those who wish to drive into the downtown city area to rely on mobile phone apps like Google Maps or Waze for navigation.

Marathon participant Gwen Lim, 38, said she intended to drive to the event and added: "I'm a little bit apprehensive because I might have trouble finding parking lots.

"I've checked the apps and where to park, but I don't know how tired I will be walking back to where I parked after a full marathon.

"But everyone I know participating is excited how to see this night race turn out."

About 50,000 participants are expected to take part across all the race categories, and this is also roughly the same size of crowd expected each weekend night at the National Stadium for the U2 Joshua Tree Tour.

The concert will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Irish band's 1987 mega selling album of the same name.

Partly because of the road closures for the SCSM, the Singapore Sports Hub has also advised concert goers to use public transport and to arrive at least two hours before the U2 show. The nearest MRT stations to the stadium are Kallang (EW10) or Stadium (CC6).

Another large mass of event-goers is expected at the three-day C3 AFA Singapore, which starts on Friday and takes place at the nearby Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Last year's event attracted over 105,000 fans and participants, and Mr Shawn Chin, AFA festival director, said organisers are expecting "the same, if not better" visitorship.

Mr Chin said organisers have not received any concerns from event-goers on transportation arrangements, but shared details on how attendees can get to the event venue on its social media platforms and website.

Meanwhile, the sixth edition of the Christmas Wonderland at Gardens by the Bay, opens on Friday and will also draw huge crowds. In 2015, the month-long event drew 1.2 million.

Kevin Soh, director of organisers Blue Sky Events, said it was unable to give an estimate of expected numbers, but added: "We are pleased that our pre-sales are tracking higher than last year, and we look forward to once again presenting a spectacular line-up of experiences at Singapore's biggest year-end holiday event."

53 minutes ago, beast said:

I always thought that if you experience muscle cramps, it can only mean that you did not train enough for the run, and/or your hydration/ food intake strategy is wrong... Things like weather change and testosterone levels should not affect cramps that much?

Anyone did LSD for evening runs in preparation for evening SCSM like 6pm onwards? please feel free to share, any difference from day LSDs? We are interesting to know more?

Hydration/food intake strategy sure, you miss a dinner for the run, so of course whatever the race course provide for you a buffet for you? Enough? Some shared that they don't have or forgotten to consume (so strategy forgot to take - ok acceptable reason)

Testosterone does not affect the female, however if female athlete is caught with an advantage, often with it is related with testosterone-boosting substance - optimum performance, and "adams apple" began to show....

Unless @beast, uncle and you are born without testosterone, uncle can understand...haha...we are definitely spare from having inconvenient with too much cramps for evening runs.

Thank you for sharing, besides all the factors that contribute to cramps, what else will not?

Edited by kohpapa
50 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

Anyone did LSD for evening runs in preparation for evening SCSM like 6pm onwards? please feel free to share, any difference from day LSDs? We are interesting to know more?

Hydration/food intake strategy sure, you miss a dinner for the run, so of course whatever the race course provide for you a buffet for you? Enough? Some shared that they don't have or forgotten to consume (so strategy forgot to take - ok acceptable reason)

Testosterone does not affect the female, however if female athlete is caught with an advantage, often with it is related with testosterone-boosting substance - optimum performance, and "adams apple" began to show....

Unless @beast, uncle and you are born without testosterone, uncle can understand...haha...we are definitely spare from having inconvenient with too much cramps for evening runs.

Thank you for sharing, besides all the factors that contribute to cramps, what else will not?

Since I started running, I have been an evening runner. I don't like to wake up in the morning to start the day with running. LSD all done in the evening

I find evening running alot easier than the day, for the fact that there is no sun. The sun really zapps all my energy. That's is why this SCSM, I like it better than the morning. I still remember the torturous heat from garden by the bay, up heartbreak bridge under the 9 to 11am sun. 

I love Saturday evening run because the weather is getting cooler and cooler towards the race end while the Sun sets slowly and the best can have full rest whole day on Sunday !

Very unhappy with the SCMS 2016 and SCSM 2017 medals (the fastest corroded medals I ever have).

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2016

2016front.thumb.jpg.42b6d0c064bfc43b36fa2e30f60b2c81.jpg   2016back.thumb.jpg.605b95632a2f345c1c66f33287d0b273.jpg

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2017

2017front.thumb.jpg.e8a688c569aa8763535c89f72647e66e.jpg  2017back.thumb.jpg.519d39ccaa83901b958d764895d27461.jpg

Edited by activerun

@activerun - if you live near Jurong -(used to live there) - all our metal became "bad" very quickly.  Also think our air quality has worsened from the fires and the amount of acidic particulates in our atmosphere. Probably means our humidity is a little more acidic.

Anyhoo - have you looked at other metal objects in your home to see how they are responding?

1 hour ago, activerun said:

I love Saturday evening run because the weather is getting cooler and cooler towards the race end while the Sun sets slowly and the best can have full rest whole day on Sunday !

Very unhappy with the SCMS 2016 and SCSM 2017 medals (the fastest corroded medals I ever have).

Thumbs up for your "evening run" sharing, @activerun. Uncle miss you this year in this SCSM forum. Last year you seen "a ghostly vehicle" chonging to the hydration tent. This year, the construction site route is brighter. No more tent set up in the middle of the road like last year. No more "Air Con" tent with misty sprays.

Use dry cabinet or storage box like those who own cameras for your medals.

What happened in SCSM 2016 and 2017...yes, both years FMers started from Orchard and FMers started from Sentosa. Yap no more.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Since I started running, I have been an evening runner. I don't like to wake up in the morning to start the day with running. LSD all done in the evening

I find evening running alot easier than the day, for the fact that there is no sun. The sun really zapps all my energy. That's is why this SCSM, I like it better than the morning. I still remember the torturous heat from garden by the bay, up heartbreak bridge under the 9 to 11am sun. 

Thank you @Ender, uncle faithfully "trolling" you at EDMW. Your contribution for the running community there  was great. Yes, seen some rebuttals you had with non-runners with many challenging topics - like Running is bad for the knees. Wha, uncle respect you for saying out loud what is in your mind as a passionate runner 👏 . 

46 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

@activerun - if you live near Jurong -(used to live there) - all our metal became "bad" very quickly.  Also think our air quality has worsened from the fires and the amount of acidic particulates in our atmosphere. Probably means our humidity is a little more acidic.

Anyhoo - have you looked at other metal objects in your home to see how they are responding?

You responded my greeting at Fullerton road! Just wonder why no "Ah Siao" tyre man replacement ?

I've about 200+ medals including some "podium" medals, almost all are still intact especially ELM medals except a handful of early days Swissotel and Mizuno Run corroded medals!

This is related to the medal quality!

4 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

Thumbs up for your "evening run" sharing, @activerun. Uncle miss you this year in this SCSM forum. Last year you seen "a ghostly vehicle" chonging to the hydration tent. This year, the construction site route is brighter. No more tent set up in the middle of the road like last year. No more "Air Con" tent with misty sprays.

Use dry cabinet or storage box like those who own cameras for your medals.

What happened in SCSM 2016 and 2017...yes, both years FMers started from Orchard and FMers started from Sentosa. Yap no more.

The organizer replaced the "Cooling Zone" with ice chips may be prompted by my last year's strange encountered (of  course no body will believe me except those spectators at the scene).

My dry box is for my antique "films" !

1 hour ago, activerun said:

You responded my greeting at Fullerton road! Just wonder why no "Ah Siao" tyre man replacement ?

I've about 200+ medals including some "podium" medals, almost all are still intact especially ELM medals except a handful of early days Swissotel and Mizuno Run corroded medals!

This is related to the medal quality!

The organizer replaced the "Cooling Zone" with ice chips may be prompted by my last year's strange encountered (of  course no body will believe me except those spectators at the scene).

My dry box is for my antique "films" !

Ahh ok about the corroded medals. Had stopped participating in 2012 and then restarted in 2018. So dunno about the medals. If am back next year the expo, you can certainly leave them with us :)

P.S. Maybe you can be a Tyre Pulling dude next year. New Challenge. It will give me a break :)

Edited by Lady Ice

According to this report, SCSM is 3rd World's Worst Marathon in the world. 

106390532_WorldsWorstMarathon.thumb.png.4e41a6749dc948842f3a72491636e21f.png

The ranking of 81 marathons globally compiled by Sole, a UK-based trainer review and news site, considers factors such as air quality, altitude, average finish times, average temperature and rainfall, starting entry fees, refreshment stations, medical aid, and toilets, among others.

I'm not sure what uncontrollable factors like average temperature and rainfall has to do with the overall quality of the marathon but it is  not really surprising that all the races highlighted were held in hot, humid countries around the equator or in the Middle East. Of course, running in these hot and humid race will not be comfortable or pleasant and that will have a bearing on the quality of the races.

So on that basis, it is accurate because those of us who have run a FM in Spore (or any of the countries above) will know it is not pleasant. 

[Update] The above report is based on the ranking by Sole. For those interested, the Sole report can be found here. It includes the ranking for the World's Best Marathon and many other fascinating ranking like fastest marathon, cleanest air, safest. 

The methodology of the ranking is also included. It's a fascinating read.

best-marathons.png.a66a0487edbb11960e8033327b682b5c.png

Edited by lonewolf

This year SCSM was really one of the best compare to previous year. Changing to evening race reduce the morning heat.

Ample of toilets along the way. Water and isotonic drinks are enough. Recycle bin at finishing. Medal engraving similar to last year but this 2 year have the biggest medal unlike many years back, quality can i improve abit. 

Think with WMM target, should be able to achieve based on this improvement. 

I don’t see the point of traffic jam. Most of my Friend driving have noted abt the road closure and have alternate ways. 

Maybe a lot of runners dunno abt this WMM. But other than gold label race this will bring Singapore up. Maybe we will need to ballot in future as  a 7 star finisher, ppl are looking forward..

opps not sure if u all know I am talking abt. Cause a lot of them do not know abt marathon major.

well done. Keep it up 

Traffic jam also complain. so the scsm should cancel for the driver to let them have a smooth weekend shopping. If u scare of jam, don’t drive since the marathon is announce way ahead even with road sign along the way. Most likely the driver are either not updated on the news or can’t understand English 

20 minutes ago, 77james said:

This year SCSM was really one of the best compare to previous year. Changing to evening race reduce the morning heat.

Ample of toilets along the way. Water and isotonic drinks are enough. Recycle bin at finishing. Medal engraving similar to last year but this 2 year have the biggest medal unlike many years back, quality can i improve abit. 

Think with WMM target, should be able to achieve based on this improvement. 

I don’t see the point of traffic jam. Most of my Friend driving have noted abt the road closure and have alternate ways. 

Maybe a lot of runners dunno abt this WMM. But other than gold label race this will bring Singapore up. Maybe we will need to ballot in future as  a 7 star finisher, ppl are looking forward..

opps not sure if u all know I am talking abt. Cause a lot of them do not know abt marathon major.

well done. Keep it up 

Traffic jam also complain. so the scsm should cancel for the driver to let them have a smooth weekend shopping. If u scare of jam, don’t drive since the marathon is announce way ahead even with road sign along the way. Most likely the driver are either not updated on the news or can’t understand English 

Thank you for your sharing, @77james, we weigh both the pros and cons, and we accept and respect others for criticism as well as compliments (mainly from the SCSM runners - unfortunately none from those who know nothing about the WMM).

Yes, now we have an honour to be in WWM -  SCSM is 3rd World's Worst Marathon.

Worst: Let down by the city’s air pollution levels, hot climate, slow average finish time and lack of medical aid along the course.

Let's us reflect what's the making of The world’s best marathons (extract from https://thesolesupplier.co.uk/news/up-for-a-challenge-these-are-the-worlds-best-marathon-courses/)

best-marathons.png

Criteria:

1. low starting entry fee
  2. favourable altitude (8 metres above sea level) - why the best overall
  3. an average temperature of 12.3°C, which according to experts, is only 1.8°C higher than the ideal running temperation of 10.5 °C.
  4. a perfect 10 for its number of toilet stations (43) and you have a low risk of getting soaked too
  5. an impressive average finish time of 4:00:01, thanks to its favourable environmental conditions
2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

According to this report, SCSM is 3rd World's Worst Marathon in the world. 

I'm not sure what uncontrollable factors like average temperature and rainfall has to do with the overall quality of the marathon but it is  not really surprising that all the races highlighted were held in hot, humid countries around the equator or in the Middle East. Of course, running in these hot and humid race will not be comfortable or pleasant and that will have a bearing on the quality of the races.

So on that basis, it is accurate because those of us who have run a FM in Spore (or any of the countries above) will know it is not pleasant. 

[Update] The above report is based on the ranking by Sole. For those interested, the Sole report can be found here. It includes the ranking for the World's Best Marathon and many other fascinating ranking like fastest marathon, cleanest air, safest. 

The methodology of the ranking is also included. It's a fascinating read.

I only had issues with the "World's Best" and "World's Worst" marathons:

1. It only ranks IAAF certified marathons.

2. Any IAAF marathons with missing data that they are unable to collect are omitted from the list.

Hence people who never read the methodology but only the subject header will instinctively jump into conclusion that our evening SCSM is ranking in the top 3 worst marathons. Also, the ranking is based solely on crunching statistical data that is available in an attempt to identify the best conditions to run a marathon. It was never ranked by people who actually run all, or if not most of these marathons.

Not sure what to make out of these 2 lists except that Sole deliberately uses the terms "Best" and "Worst" to sensationalize their data findings, where in actual fact SCSM and even SCKLM is not even that badly organized as a whole. Would be more appropriate if they had named their lists as "Most ideal" and "Most challenging", but that wouldn't make their findings grab so much attention  as they want to.

I can already foresee local media picking this up and the public stirring another round of unhappiness, adding more negativity to the run. 

Edited by beast
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, prisangel said:

Notice that not a single one of the WMMs are on this top 10 best marathons list.

They wouldn't be on my top 10 either. There are soooooo many amazing marathons. But Sg has always been about "qualifications" and standards. So WMM becomes a standard to be attained. If there is an ISO - am sure Sg would do it as well.

Having an evening race makes sense if you want to get supporters out for the elites. For those at the back, have never seen much supporters in the WMMs. So think Ironman did a great job having performers out on the course until the end! 

8 hours ago, kohpapa said:

1. Take early lunch at around 11AM, then take early dinner at around 4:30PM, go home at 5PM, arrive at home at 6PM, rest a little bit, take some water and snack, and do warm up, then start running at 7PM... you can run until 9:30PM/10PM. After sunset, it will be cooler and cooler.

2. I'm not a morning person but I don't mind to run in the early morning, actually I ran in lots of mornings in this Oct and Nov to follow my training plan, because I really couldn't find time slot in some busy evening. However, there are two factors which affect my morning run: (a).Temperature/Sunshine. It's still ok, right after sunrise at 7AM, but after 9AM - human BBQ! Hence sometimes I had to get up at 4:30AM/5AM and did LSD.  (b).evacuate stomach... this is the most annoying/worrying thing for me, not only during the training but also during the race. Sometimes you have already waken up, but you are not able to wake up your intestine and don't even know when it wakes up. Then suddenly you realize that it starts working, but you are already on the race!!! I had this experience for several times, it feels like: "Currently I'm running, but suddenly I'm about to give birth..." 😤😤😤💔💔💔

---------- That's the reason why I prefer evening run, which makes me feel safer...

Edited by ZZIZZ