lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

4 hours ago, okw said:

Not so far. U-turn point is just about reaching Parkland Green carpark. This is much much shorter than before 2018 where ECP took close to 20km of the route

Yes, you are correct. 2018 seems to have "extra" distance almost to East Coast Seafood Centre, and many had been "cut" off :(

2018c1d719d6e3061b1e.jpg

The ECP U turn was at set at  even longer distance in previous years, all the way to ECP Car Park A.

2019 SCSM ECP U turn is set "shorter" distance. Hopefully less (thousands) will be cut-off, more shall be finishers. :)

Edited by kohpapa

4 hours ago, Pearlina said:

Nice recap of e route. 1st time doing the 'heartbreaking' bridge at night. Probably w/o sun, i might stroll up slowly to enjoy e nite scenary (if i am nt close to cutoff time)

It cld be motivating to run in e 1st 21km - as it is still within e 'city-zone'. Thereafter, it gets abit mundane running in e park esp at night! Anyone know exactly where is e u turn pt at ecp? Issit near e water ski park? The 5 km in ecp is Zzzz 

The U-turn at ECP is mostly at 24-25km (a definite cut-off stn). You will have another 17 km to complete/finish the Race. You are safe and not to be "cut-off" is you enter into Marina Barrage for the Gardens By the Bay zone.

The 'heartbreaking' bridge is about 4.5km from finishing point...you can enjoy scenery....take pics if you want...so long you meet the 7.5 hour cut-off.

Have a great race tonite! :)

Edited by kohpapa

For some reason I thought the HM flag off is at 7pm... but no both FM and HM are flagging off together again at 6pm...

Going to have massive crowds later again.... Singapore must be the only FM that flag off both FM and HM at the same time, thinking that they can control the mass crowds...

Sigh...

11 minutes ago, starfinder said:

I am in Pen G. By the time I was flagged off should be near 7 pm? So I got only 5 hrs to hit 27.5 km cut-off time at 11.55 pm? 😅

I only know that the overall cut off time of 7hrs 30mins starts when the last runner of that category crosses the line... as for intermediate, 5hrs ( I hope no need start sp late) to hit 27.5km, I think there is no choice since the road have to be open by 12am... probably just got to focus on that... 

3 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I only know that the overall cut off time of 7hrs 30mins starts when the last runner of that category crosses the line... as for intermediate, 5hrs ( I hope no need start sp late) to hit 27.5km, I think there is no choice since the road have to be open by 12am... probably just got to focus on that... 

If there is a delay of start off due to weather, then more ppl will not make it to 27.5 km by midnight and I will probably be one of them. LOL

44 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Organiser never decides Road Closure and Opening. Traffic Wardens will order the "Cut-off" time for Roads to be Opened - 30 minutes to 1 hour for Organiser to have the Roads ready for public use.

Organiser must comply to have the road clear of any tentage, rubbish or anything that was taken off the road, they must be placed back into proper order.

Even because of delay due to whatever reason - raining or including late start by the organiser, the Public Traffic Ordinance must be complied. 

Organiser has applied the permit for Road Closure and Opening via Traffic Police. 

Edited by kohpapa

7 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

East side raining ... :(

Pasir Ris very sunny, but I can see that the heavy cloud in the sky on the south direction...

53 minutes ago, starfinder said:

If there is a delay of start off due to weather, then more ppl will not make it to 27.5 km by midnight and I will probably be one of them. LOL

From 2018 scenario which uncle was in the last Pen start (because report Pen Close late), chances of more ppl will not make it to 27.5 km by midnight is very high, so, you need to be the faster one not to be "DNF" by the cut-off timing.

In 2018 SCSM forum, uncle already said, "Better don't be the Last Pen, for all other Pen runners, even if they are mere 7.5 hours qualifiers. Last Pen is chased by the "cutting-knife" running behind all"

Reason: The Roads @ ECP need to be opened, and given 30mins - 1 hour duration is needed for that. So effectively cut off time for the Last Pen is actually 6-6.5 hours (depending again on factors like late-start and like all are saying, what if rains today).

However, you will be safe if you reach Marina Barrage. Road closure and opening is same with End Point. Unlike ECP, the timing of Road Opening is much early.

Edited by kohpapa

15 minutes ago, Pearlina said:

So, 27.5km mark is e impt milestone ? I saw a few cut-off timings @ various pt though *just wondering*

impt because your timing will be considered as whether you are DNF or not? This will affect your eCertification.

You shall see a red "carpet" when you Start, and 27.5km or ECP U Turn is also a red "carpet". All the stepping on the red "carpets" determine if you have complete the SCSM route. We can call them "checkpoints" Otherwise, anything missing  "checkpoint(s)", you are deemed as DNF.

Example in 2018, Uncle witnessed at ECP U Turn, say at 28km, once you have the "cut-off", you are shepherd to a coach - bye bye you are being "cut-off", and there is no need for you to proceed. I believed I saw hundreds heading to the ECP U Turn while exiting the ECP. Uncle got no heart to say, "you can stop running already, you have been DNFed when you reach the ECP U Turn."

Edited by kohpapa

we have a visual

weather.jpg

Rain and no shine, the race will still go on. all the best to all.

Uncle got to report to meet "Pen Close" time of 550pm. Yes, walk/run to the F1 pit, of course.

Edited by kohpapa

51 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

Organiser never decides Road Closure and Opening. Traffic Wardens will order the "Cut-off" time for Roads to be Opened - 30 minutes to 1 hour for Organiser to have the Roads ready for public use.

Organiser must comply to have the road clear of any tentage, rubbish or anything that was taken off the road, they must be placed back into proper order.

Even because of delay due to whatever reason - raining or including late start by the organiser, the Public Traffic Ordinance must be complied. 

Organiser has applied the permit for Road Closure and Opening via Traffic Police. 

I see from the race info guide that East Coast Zone (including the ECP U-turn) has closure timing till 1:30am. This closure timing is similar to Keppel Road and West Coast Highway. But why 1:30am? Why not 2:30am? Organiser has to pay more for additional one hour of road closure?

If let's say the last Pen flag off at 7pm, the runners will have 6 more hours to reach the ECP U-turn at 1:00am. But that will leave the runners just 1 and 1/2 hours remaining to complete the last stretch of about 14km before the cut-off timing. Perhaps road closure till 1:30am is ok, but why not till 2:30am if it is possible?

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

impt because your timing will be considered as whether you are DNF or not? This will affect your eCertification.

You shall see a red "carpet" when you Start, and 27.5km or ECP U Turn is also a red "carpet". All the stepping on the red "carpets" determine if you have complete the SCSM route. We can call them "checkpoints" Otherwise, anything missing  "checkpoint(s)", you are deemed as DNF.

Example in 2018, Uncle witnessed at ECP U Turn, say at 28km, once you have the "cut-off", you are shepherd to a coach - bye bye you are being "cut-off", and there is no need for you to proceed. I believed I saw hundreds heading to the ECP U Turn while exiting the ECP. Uncle got no heart to say, "you can stop running already, you have been DNFed when you reach the ECP U Turn."

I wrote all e cut-off timing on my arm. 32km @ 145am blah. Jin worried. Bt will try to hit e 27.5pm before midnight.

Haiz, it is very demotivating to bia all e way to e cut-off pt and realized u will be ushered to e vehicle. 

E uncertainty of e weather is nt good. If it rains, my nose will become an open tap! Aiyoyo

Anyone at e F1 pit now? How's e weather?

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

I wrote all e cut-off timing on my arm. 32km @ 145am blah. Jin worried. Bt will try to hit e 27.5pm before midnight.

Haiz, it is very demotivating to bia all e way to e cut-off pt and realized u will be ushered to e vehicle. 

E uncertainty of e weather is nt good. If it rains, my nose will become an open tap! Aiyoyo

Anyone at e F1 pit now? How's e weather?

11 hours ago, posfe2 said:

Check out Google map. The entire marathon route is plotted there. 

Impressive!

I wonder if the road closures had been manully updated on Google map, or is it automated?

A hard fought finish due to food poisoning a few days before, rendering myself unable to carbo load, too much gas in stomach halfway thru until last few km, chiong at 5min pace , crossing the finishing line at 3'49. At least i didnt go down without a fight.

For some reasons, many runners cramped..