lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

9 hours ago, Pearlina said:
@Kohpapa - So u have 'recovered' from ur chronic sinus issue? Doc told me to remove e polyp since it did nt subside aft 2 bouts of antibiotics. It is affecting my sense of smell, and of coz, my running performance. Feeling breatheless easily with ard 150-160 bpm. Beri jialut. However, will nt push myself too much till up-lorry. Hope that slow n steady wins e race.

Btw, mind sharing what medicated water did u use? I did e saline nasal irrigation which is of no use. 

Thank you dear @Pearlina for your asking on my chronic sinus issue. After the "medicated" water (prescribed by a western physician who was my late cousin), so I have no information about what I was given then.

Yes, I was cleared and cured after the greenish gluey discharge came one day, it was very disgusting but glad that it is over.

I can understand your "Feeling breatheless easily with ard 150-160 bpm" because the infection of this living organism, whatever it is, has deprived you of oxygen. 

In every marathon stories by runners like yourself who have to "will nt push myself too much till up-lorry. Hope that slow n steady wins e race" deserves our upmost respect 👏.

We had also a lady whom we have known in sgRunners...Asthmatic.. and she has to put up similar feat...and there was once when we have Hazy condition for marathon, and she shared.."wear mask, struggled with every breadth she takes, almost uplorry for every breadth...slow n steady..struggle to complete...completed"

Thank you for your sharing, @Pearlina

Btw, if uncle remembered, last year, you are busy with Kids Dash. So, will you be in tomorrow 2019 SCSM Kids Dash?

12 hours ago, stalky79 said:

anyone else driving down for SCSM?

When you look at the road closures, would suggest take the mrt as it gets much closer to F1

great seeing @ZZIZZ 😍 and @Russ 

bring your t-shirt you are running with and let me print Bin Your Trash logo on yr shirt - sponsored by printatease

8 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

When you look at the road closures, would suggest take the mrt as it gets much closer to F1

great seeing @ZZIZZ 😍 and @Russ 

bring your t-shirt you are running with and let me print Bin Your Trash logo on yr shirt - sponsored by printatease

Yes nice to meet you. I don't think I can make it for the print because still quite plentiful on my desk to clear. Apologies.

But I will do what I promise = minimize the use of plastic cups!!

Hope to catch you on the run.

@Kohpapa - Good to know that u have been healed (naturally!) I was advised to do a minor op to snip it off! 

It is inspiring testimonial to know that an asthmatic runner finished e marathon! Definitely will keep that in my mind when i feel like giving up!! Hope i could join in e 'post-run' discussion lo - ie how yummy is e pretzel etc

Yeah - They are doing e run tonight. Plesantly surprised to find 1 admission tix to Christmas Wonderland @ Gardens by e Bay. For that, e kid's racepack is much better than our racepack. However, i have picked up e tigerbalm 300km coin (+ 2 regular size tigerbalm musclerub) at e booth. Guess that kinda compensate it 

1 hour ago, Pearlina said:
It is inspiring testimonial to know that an asthmatic runner finished e marathon! Definitely will keep that in my mind when i feel like giving up!! Hope i could join in e 'post-run' discussion lo - ie how yummy is e pretzel etc

Yeah - They are doing e run tonight. Plesantly surprised to find 1 admission tix to Christmas Wonderland @ Gardens by e Bay. For that, e kid's racepack is much better than our racepack. However, i have picked up e tigerbalm 300km coin (+ 2 regular size tigerbalm musclerub) at e booth. Guess that kinda compensate it 

@chaokeng-queen she completed not only marathon, but ultramarathon (100km)..as asthmatic runner.

Pretzels. Like popcorn, pretzels are a low-calorie carbohydrate treat. Even the salty kinds are okay for runners who don't have high blood pressure, as they'll help you replace the sodium you lose through sweating. They're excellent as an afternoon snack.

pretzel.jpg

In asian context, we don't really eat pretzel in runs, unless being overseas like NY or San Francisco, these are offered and as street "hawker" snacks, which uncle tasted as "salty" (must be the sodium), hard pastry crust...maybe this will sustain "carbohydrate" longer during run (meaning you are actually hungry and your leg muscles are complaining "feed me feed me" or I will "cramp" you..pain pain)..you can share this pretzel for runners for endurance runs anytime...:)

Glad that the Kids Dash have a much better deal...and you shall be there to see them run. Christmas Wonderland @ G-B-B shall remind us, the Holy and Jolly Days are back again..

Have a smashing Kids Dash this evening...tomorrow after 6pm, it will be mummy @Pearlina for marathon run...hope your family shall be cheering for u :)

Edited by kohpapa

1 hour ago, RussYee said:

Yes nice to meet you. I don't think I can make it for the print because still quite plentiful on my desk to clear. Apologies.

But I will do what I promise = minimize the use of plastic cups!!

Hope to catch you on the run.

Cool - thanks so much for yr support 😀

To all who shall be starting on saturday 6pm

weather.png

Note: Weather is unpredictable. Take this info for the next 24 hours from 6pm today. It has been forecasted from 1600+ hour today, the water level should have reached "2.6 mm" precipitation. 

Cheers. Wet venue for run is expected. 

Edited by kohpapa

On 11/28/2019 at 11:58 AM, stalky79 said:

anyone else driving down for SCSM?

Ya.  I am driving.  I do not expect myself to finish before 12 midnight.  Still got scratchy throat and a bit of sniffles.  And the longest I ran is 26km.  ShareTransport stop is still too far for me and it is a long walk for me in the night.

Indeed, weather not looking good esp for e little kiddos tonight. Just wondering - If it pours 2mr, e cut off time for marathon remains unchanged? 

@Madmax - was chatting with e sharetransport chap ytd at e expo. Told him e pickup pt seems far leh. He told me no no, it is not that far. I told him aft finishing a marathon, walking another inch is far to me lo. 

21 minutes ago, Pearlina said:
Indeed, weather not looking good esp for e little kiddos tonight. Just wondering - If it pours 2mr, e cut off time for marathon remains unchanged? 

Road closure and opening is not decided by the organiser. No, if it pours 2mr, the cut off time for marathon remains unchanged.

Kids Dash starts at 7pm. So, the rain shall go away by then, but wet venue means kids got to run "safely". Please enjoy the carnival games, and Christmas Wonderland @ Gardens by e Bay. Remember to take pics for us to see. We are not too "youthful" to qualify for Kids Dash, so we need you to report what's happening at 2019 Kids Dash.

Thank you @Pearlina

Edited by kohpapa

49 minutes ago, Pearlina said:

@Madmax - was chatting with e sharetransport chap ytd at e expo. Told him e pickup pt seems far leh. He told me no no, it is not that far. I told him aft finishing a marathon, walking another inch is far to me lo. 

Actually, it is the return journey that does not suit me.

Where I stay, the nearest MRT is Lor Chuan MRT and it is 1km away.  ShareTransport does not go there.

Bishan is the next MRT and it is about 2km from my place.  Walking with limp legs at 2:30 am for 2 km is just not for me.  

1 hour ago, Madmax said:

Ya.  I am driving.  I do not expect myself to finish before 12 midnight.  Still got scratchy throat and a bit of sniffles.  And the longest I ran is 26km.  ShareTransport stop is still too far for me and it is a long walk for me in the night.

expecting massive traffic jams...better to be there earlier :(

4 hours ago, Pearlina said:

I normally take the walk as a way of loosening up 😜

This shall be weather forecast in the next hours:

weatherd2d2b67ca0ec0bfb.png

This shall be SCSM 2019 FM Route for both Newbies and Oldies who are not familiar with SCSM 2018 FM Route:

5 Key FM zones extracted (copyright SCSM 2019 FM Route)
1. West Coast Highway
2. Separation of Half Marathon and Full Marathon

3. Entering to the ECP and Exiting from the ECP

4. Marina (Gardens the Bay) before Benjamin Sheares Bridge (the infamous steep bridge which breaks many hearts/pain/cramp of all FM runners)

5. Overcome the Benjamin Sheares Bridge to Finishing Point.

See All at the F1 Pit at 6pm. Cheers :)

Edited by kohpapa

Nice recap of e route. 1st time doing the 'heartbreaking' bridge at night. Probably w/o sun, i might stroll up slowly to enjoy e nite scenary (if i am nt close to cutoff time)

It cld be motivating to run in e 1st 21km - as it is still within e 'city-zone'. Thereafter, it gets abit mundane running in e park esp at night! Anyone know exactly where is e u turn pt at ecp? Issit near e water ski park? The 5 km in ecp is Zzzz 

47 minutes ago, Pearlina said:

Nice recap of e route. 1st time doing the 'heartbreaking' bridge at night. Probably w/o sun, i might stroll up slowly to enjoy e nite scenary (if i am nt close to cutoff time)

It cld be motivating to run in e 1st 21km - as it is still within e 'city-zone'. Thereafter, it gets abit mundane running in e park esp at night! Anyone know exactly where is e u turn pt at ecp? Issit near e water ski park? The 5 km in ecp is Zzzz 

Not so far. U-turn point is just about reaching Parkland Green carpark. This is much much shorter than before 2018 where ECP took close to 20km of the route

1 hour ago, Pearlina said:

Check out Google map. The entire marathon route is plotted there.