lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

19 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Looking at the weather trend and forecast for next week... looks like it’s going to be a major concern sia... 😰

Uncle is back, again with a free bib for a dear running mate who needed to attend a dear friend's wedding (29 Nov) and taking a Jap level 4 exam the following morning (30 Nov). My obligation is to return to him a favour: finisher tee and medal (already engraved) and come with a free finisher photoshoot . Seriously, package of over $150++ for a FM, and needing to let go free for uncle, Just Grab lah!

Everything Hub, ECP, Marina Bay area is uncle's territory. So did a "long" run.

Notice that the scenario will be the same as in 2018, except that if return from ECP to the Marina Golf area...yes, construction in progress again between Marina Bay East (Garden by the Bay - East) and Marina Bay Golf Course area. Hope they have some lighting for this always "construction route". Unlike previous SCSM day run, it is almost sunrise, so visibility depends on the morning sun. But, if this is the evening run, it reminded me of Sundown (Night Marathon), everything is going be "dark". Watch out on the uneven path. Unless some kind of make shift "lighting" to brighten the route, otherwise, run with care if in darkness with dim lighting especially during the zzZ hours.

https://s5.gifyu.com/images/ECP-Route.gif

Cooler temperature reduces humidity is great, only concern is rain. Wet puddy water is evident always in ECP, and the "construction route" that also includes the one exiting from the "ECP" zone (after 29km mark) including the Marina Golf Course/Marina East (Garden By the Bay) which was highlighted above. Monsoon wind is always North Easterly, so to be splash head on if heading to ECP in stormy weather. Well, let's us say, looks like it may never happen for we always wish for a better weather yearly.

Standard_Chartered_Singapore_Marathon_7_

And, please be "bin"less, as @Lady Ice as always, "cup"less, "care"more for all.

Cheers to all, it is great to be back, again.

Edited by kohpapa

Thank you bro @kohpapa See you at the expo. This time everyone should see our "green activation" booth :) We will be in the marketing area and collecting pledges for the environment and campaigning to keep the running course free from litter for all runners to be safe and to enjoy :D

To the first 40 participants who are interested to help us encourage other runners to put their litter in the bin, please bring your running t-shirt and there is a free print for you to wear that encourages other runners to "Bin It"

Heads up for a prequel..... look away if you don't want to see what green activation is happening :) ... because we are taking the horns of normality and trying to change its course of direction.... ;)

Edited by Lady Ice

On 11/23/2019 at 5:47 PM, stalky79 said:

Looking at the weather trend and forecast for next week... looks like it’s going to be a major concern sia... 😰

Cooling.... that's the only word I can describe... think positive... haaa

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Cooling.... that's the only word I can describe... think positive... haaa

Yea, I've a good feeling it will be cooling and perhaps some drizzles. The toughest part should be the first few km with high humidity and congestion, rest of the route should be OK. The Sheares Bridge slope is another story... haha.

1 hour ago, Madmax said:

Cool is OK.  Rain is not OK.  I hate soggy, heavy shoes and the blisters that follow.

We dun get to choose weather.

We can only make the best whatever race conditons has given to us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yh90 said:

True this. Although of course we are humans and it’s naturally to wish for the “perfect” weather and perfect race. But I’ve never encountered one. Always got something wrong somewhere whether  organizer or own strategy or fitness. That’s  The beauty of racing I guess. 

26 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

True this. Although of course we are humans and it’s naturally to wish for the “perfect” weather and perfect race. But I’ve never encountered one. Always got something wrong somewhere whether  organizer or own strategy or fitness. That’s  The beauty of racing I guess. 

Agree... that's where I will point out in my race review and pin point exactly what went wrong... and if this keeps repeating, it will be quite obvious that organisers dun learn...

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Of coz.  It is just a wish.

I hope for sunny and cool when I did Berlin marathon in Sep.  Ended up with persistent rain and  14 deg C temperature..

I want it to rain before to cool down the highway. If it is sunny, the West Coast Highway will feel like hell as it will have heated up the whole day.

Nice-Cannes marathon was nearly canceled due to the storms and lightning and flooding. The start was delayed to allow the rain to die down a little. Then persistent rain. Can't see the Singapore Marathon being able to do the same due to the road closures times with LTA.

On a separate note, seems like there is nothing on Sundown marathon when we are only days before the race pack collection of SCSM.

Usually at the race pack collection for either one of them, there will be a booth promoting the sign up of the other one.

So it could mean that the details of Sundown 2020 are not finalized yet............?

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

And it pours again this evening... lol

7-day.png

well, looking forward...prepare for more lol :|

Edited by kohpapa

If anyone wants to help to remind other runners to keep the course clean, Printatease are offering 50 prints. You will need to bring the t-shirt you will be running in and will be done on a first come first serve basis. The print is black and white. Thank you to those who come to see Green Nudge at the REPC

image.png.74b0790fe6a3c849c20d5a0fe7435430.png

9 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

If anyone wants to help to remind other runners to keep the course clean, Printatease are offering 50 prints. You will need to bring the t-shirt you will be running in and will be done on a first come first serve basis. The print is black and white. Thank you to those who come to see Green Nudge at the REPC

image.png.74b0790fe6a3c849c20d5a0fe7435430.png

Haaa.... why the skeleton huh.. just curious...

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Haaa.... why the skeleton huh.. just curious...

"It" is a heel striker too... hahaha