lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

14 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

So do I... ūüė•ūüė≠ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹūüė§

Looks like in the past some days¬†the AQI can be a slightly better in the morning or evening, is that because those farmers are off duty? Interestingly, this is NOT¬†the first time the haze appears right before/during the weekend of f1 grand pix, what a¬†coincidence.........ūüė∂

I think the haze normally appears this time of the year becos of the dry season. The dry season could cause bush fires while some farmers use the season to clear land. How severe we experience it depends on the wind direction. 

The haze situation improved these couples of days, hope everyone manage to get some good runs! Long live good air!

• Like 1

Training still ongoing, managed to follow the training plan strictly (just in the recent 3 weeks...)¬†ūü§ě

Slow down a bit but can run further. All of you guys'¬†suggestions work for me.¬†ūüĎŹ

Got my big toenail black, it¬†felt bad but also good, because no more pain on it within 6 months.¬†ūüėÖ

I just ran 21 km yesterday. Haven't been able to break the HM curse yet. LOL. Still got 4 more runs to go beyond that before SCSM. Jialat...

Great work @ZZIZZ - that's why I run in sandals. Never had a black toe nail in sandals :)

@Starfinder as long as you finish within 6 hours ;)

15 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Great work @ZZIZZ - that's why I run in sandals. Never had a black toe nail in sandals :)

@Starfinder as long as you finish within 6 hours ;)

Actually, the cut-off time for FM is 7.5hrs :)

Edited by sicklycat

On 10/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, starfinder said:

I just ran 21 km yesterday. Haven't been able to break the HM curse yet. LOL. Still got 4 more runs to go beyond that before SCSM. Jialat...

Can also try do a 4, or¬†5¬†hours of slow long run to get the body (or legs) to get condition to run long hours.¬†After all, the majority of full marathon runners takes 5 to 6 hours plus to complete the distance.¬†ūüôā

On 10/27/2019 at 5:48 AM, Lady Ice said:

Thank you very for sharing the tips. Any recommendation on the sandals with¬†cushion?¬†ūüėĚ

On 10/26/2019 at 10:14 AM, starfinder said:

Would you mind sharing how did you do your HM? Maybe you can describe it as compared to a previous HM race. I'm asking to understand better what could be the limiting factors. E.g. the weather, lack of hydration/replenishment, going too fast, no running buddies...

1 hour ago, okw said:

Would you mind sharing how did you do your HM? Maybe you can describe it as compared to a previous HM race. I'm asking to understand better what could be the limiting factors. E.g. the weather, lack of hydration/replenishment, going too fast, no running buddies...

Hi, basically is not enough running...

On 10/27/2019 at 9:52 PM, puppyrun said:

Can also try do a 4, or 5 hours of slow long run to get the body (or legs) to get condition to run long hours.

Totally agreed with @puppyrun, thank you very much.

@starfinder  would you consider to join a LSD for 30-32KM in a pacer run (e.g: with RD), or a race (e.g: oxfitt 2), or run by yourself but the water stations equipped on the side of road?  No need to chase the speed, just focus on the completion only... 

Edited by ZZIZZ

8 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Totally agreed with @puppyrun, thank you very much.

@starfinder  would you consider to join a LSD for 30-32KM in a pacer run (e.g: with RD), or a race (e.g: oxfitt 2), or run by yourself but the water stations equipped on the side of road?  No need to chase the speed, just focus on the completion only... 

Thanks for your suggestion Bro. I do prefer running on my own as I can manage the time. No worries! Will go beyond HM before SCSM!

@sicklycat hadn’t realised the time had changed!!!

@zzizz I run in anything that is comfortable. Maybe am able to do cos I changed my running technique many years ago to Pose.

First of all, very ANGRY about the National Day $54 offer for FM... way cheaper than the Super Early Bird rate even with the negligible 15% off Standard Chartered Credit Card... so those (super) early birds became ANGRY BIRDs...

The latest Marathon race route just shown the KM Marker and Aid Station...

The Aid Station is doubled as the water station and 100 Plus is the official isotonic drink supplier.

There's no mentioned about the runners' important welfare especially the energy replenishment such as energy gels and banana... as season runners know... most of the water stations will alternate drinking water with more expensive isotonic drink... indicate if possible...

If the energy replenishment is provided, please indicate the location on the route map so that the runners can plan ahead... If not, we runners will bring self-sufficient energy gels (by then, paid so much as better off go for our own LSD run)...

Please indicate all the necessary information pertaining to the  runners' welfare on the race route... even primary school children can do better...

As the count down is less than a month... The Runner Information Guide is still not available as of now... Please don't drag down the good image of Singapore as the super efficient country...

Year by year, really disappointed with the Ironman organizer... some local organizer even more capable to organize sport events than the so called International event organizer...

Edited by activerun

3 hours ago, activerun said:

First of all, very ANGRY about the National Day $54 offer for FM... way cheaper than the Super Early Bird rate even with the negligible 15% off Standard Chartered Credit Card... so those (super) early birds became ANGRY BIRDs...

Doesn't make sense it should be cheaper than the super early birds. 

As for gels, I will still bring along even though they may provide.

22 hours ago, activerun said:

Feels like you buy a condo with SGD 2M, then one year later your friend also buy the same condo with 1.5M...¬†ūüėÖ

On 11/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, starfinder said:

Doesn't make sense it should be cheaper than the super early birds. 

As for gels, I will still bring along even though they may provide.

6 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Feels like you buy a condo with SGD 2M, then one year later your friend also buy the same condo with 1.5M...¬†ūüėÖ

Nowadays, looks like we runners need event organizers more than they do...

Just now, activerun said:

Nowadays, looks like we runners need event organizers more than they do...

SG races are known to be more expensive compared to elsewhere in the region.

For myself, I am cutting down the number of local races to attend, especially those I went before and the routes are similar. I may rather spend the money go elsewhere once in while, for new experiences and memories.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:24 AM, starfinder said:

SG races are known to be more expensive compared to elsewhere in the region.

For myself, I am cutting down the number of local races to attend, especially those I went before and the routes are similar. I may rather spend the money go elsewhere once in while, for new experiences and memories.

Helps the local event organizers to earn to contribute to economy grow (creates jobs)... but in return... hopefully they can put some effort to stage an acceptable quality of race...

I will only participate "Real" Run than "Virtual"/on-line Run...

On 11/1/2019 at 1:01 PM, activerun said:

The latest Marathon race route just shown the KM Marker and Aid Station...

The Aid Station is doubled as the water station and 100 Plus is the official isotonic drink supplier.

There's no mentioned about the runners' important welfare especially the energy replenishment such as energy gels and banana... as season runners know... most of the water stations will alternate drinking water with more expensive isotonic drink... indicate if possible...

If the energy replenishment is provided, please indicate the location on the route map so that the runners can plan ahead... If not, we runners will bring self-sufficient energy gels (by then, paid so much as better off go for our own LSD run)...

Please indicate all the necessary information pertaining to the  runners' welfare on the race route... even primary school children can do better...

As the count down is less than a month... The Runner Information Guide is still not available as of now... Please don't drag down the good image of Singapore as the super efficient country...

Year by year, really disappointed with the Ironman organizer... some local organizer even more capable to organize sport events than the so called International event organizer...

I am sure the details of the water/aid/replenishment stations will be available in the final event guide. I will need to plan my replenishment strategy based on those details and am confident information will be provided. Whether or not the organizers execute it well, is another matter though.