lonewolf

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2019 - 29 Nov - 1 Dec (Fri - Sun)

Posted (edited)

logo-scm2019-color.png

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SGmarathon/

Flag off timing

Sat 30 Nov 6pm - Marathon, Half & Ekiden
Fri 29 Nov 7pm - Kids Dash
Sun 1 Dec 6.30am & 8.30am - 10km & 5km

Registration Fee

SCSM2019-IndividualRegFees-FM.jpg

SCSM2019-IndividualRegFees-HM.jpg

SCSM2019-IndividualRegFees-10KM.jpg

SCSM2019-IndividualRegFees-5KM.jpg

Participant Benefits

Full Marathon

Benefits-New-1-1200x327.jpg

Half Marathon/10km/ 5km

Benefits-New-Others-1-1200x301.jpg

Race Routes

67415830_2377115119002049_60622454323423

68358582_2377115175668710_91170763679874

67738438_2377115269002034_41094621394527

67450606_2377115249002036_89088735634113

Race Entry Pack Collection Details
Date    27th to 30th November 2019
Time    10:00 am to 9:00 pm (Wednesday, 27th November)
11:00 am to 8:30 pm (Thursday – Friday, 28th – 29th November)
9:00 am to 12:00pm (Saturday, 30th November)

Venue    Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre (1 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018971)

[COMMENT] OMG! $10 inflation across the board. :startle: $75 for an HM is really expensive and that's super early bird. Hesitate or procrastinate and the fee will rise to $85/$100/$110  80 The fee is really testing my resolve to continue my SCSM streak. I have already decided to give up my CSC Run by the Bay streak becos of the high registration fee (which by the way cost $65 and was the fee charged for last year SCSM HM)

Edited by lonewolf

Posted (edited)

$80 for pre sale registration. I think is their version for loyalty rates for past year runners. And it's before admin charges. 

Last year paid in the upper $60 inclusive of admin charges . More than $10 increase. 

Edited by Ender

9 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Pre sale? Registration started?

Registration starts for those 300km members and last year FULL marathon participant. The rest need wait till 28th May 

$10+ increase in registration fees is a little too much. They must have thought that they did a good job overall last year, so that warrants them to charge a higher fee this year.

And isn't active fees 6%? Now also increase to 8% liao.

The staff at Sundown expo were very tight lipped when people ask why this year is a 3 day event. All they say is this year is going to be a very big fun-filled "surprise". Let's hope this so-called surprise lives up to this hype when they announce it next Tuesday.

I am joining this. It's the only race that will motivate me to train LSD.  Else I really hate to do LSD.?

11 hours ago, Ender said:

I am joining this. It's the only race that will motivate me to train LSD.  Else I really hate to do LSD.?

I guess many of the regulars will too....I just dislike the way that the organizers are "coercing" these group of loyal runners by "dangling a $10 discount carrot" to make them quickly sign up, even before the official announcement of the run and without any clue of what is happening to the run this year.

Shouldn't the special discount for loyal runners be without any deadline? Even if you really must impose one, shouldn't you give them at least some time to reflect and get excited after your official announcement?

Just can't wait to take money from your loyal customers huh.

4 hours ago, beast said:

I guess many of the regulars will too....I just dislike the way that the organizers are "coercing" these group of loyal runners by "dangling a $10 discount carrot" to make them quickly sign up, even before the official announcement of the run and without any clue of what is happening to the run this year.

Actually, I wouldn't mind to sign up early, as long beforehand I knew the race dates and confirmed sure can attend. Last year I missed it as went on holiday on the race day. Could only catch the flag off on TV at 4 am.

Signed up for the FM liao.. final price, inclusive of processing fee is $86.40.  I don't have Stand Chart Card, so no additional discount.

Signed up for the FM as well.

*Pen A
Sub 3 Hrs (Male)
Sub 330 Hrs (Female and Female Masters 40yo>)
Sub 315 Hrs (Male Masters 40yo>)

Pen B
Sub 330 hrs

Pen C
Sub 4 Hrs

Pen D
Sub 430 Hrs

Pen E
Sub 5 Hrs

Pen F
Sub 6Hrs

Pen G
Sub 730 Hrs

Flag off will start from wheelchair first, then elite, Pen A, B, C and so on.

*Note that Pen A need to have a cert of proof that you can do the above mentioned timing

99.9999% it is a night race...only not confirm yet is start time (to be revealed tomorrow???) and the exact race route...

same as sundown, all the Saturday party goers sure complain and say "grace" in all the 4 languages and 200 dialects and 200 foreign languages on the super super number of road closures.  

15 hours ago, kasyes said:

99.9999% it is a night race...only not confirm yet is start time (to be revealed tomorrow???) and the exact race route...

same as sundown, all the Saturday party goers sure complain and say "grace" in all the 4 languages and 200 dialects and 200 foreign languages on the super super number of road closures.  

If it is true as speculated, this Sat's Sundown may be the last one as personally I don't see a point having 2 night marathons. Then again, Sundown have branded itself as a night marathon in the last 10 years so don't think they can switch to ""Sunrise" that easily too.

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

30th nov - 6pm flagged off for HM and FM

?‍♂️?‍♂️

Posted (edited)

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/athletics-night-race-for-2019-standard-chartered-singapore-marathon

"The Nov 29 to Dec 1 SCSM will flag off at 6pm, in a move Ironman hopes will further the appeal of the race, and take it one step closer to the goal of being inducted into the Abbott World Marathon Majors (WMM) club."

Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Culture, Community and Youth & Transport, Baey Yam Keng, said: "It is heartening that the organisers are continually improving the Singapore Marathon experience so that it can be among the best in the world.

"With the flag-offs on Saturday (Nov 30) evening this year, I anticipate many more Singaporeans coming out to cheer on the runners and join in the excitement. I hope to see the (SCSM) join the ranks of the WMM in 2021."

Sundown type event...this SCSM is not really in the WMM in 2019 yet...road closures along major routes...expected to be not so spectacular like F1...unless you run round F1 circuit which is brightly lit...

So, running Sundown becomes warmup for SCSM, then all future 18KM/21km/32KM (virtual ones included) races would be all run in the evenings...closer to SCSM...

"Sleep Can Wait" ..now everyone "Run on Sleep" to train for SCSM...lol

Edited by kohpapa

image.png.aab781596ba1541a8cfbc41cc18a762e.png

1. Absolutely I'm far away from the elite runners, but previously I tried to join the start pen as early as possible, because the later I start the hotter it will be, I just tried to completed the HM before the sunrise... However for this year, looking at the schedule, I'm thinking that whether I should join group G/H.....

And...........

..................image.png.9fd455bd96f15551d8f6b1eccbe2a15a.png 

2. The 10KM race will be held in the early morning of Sunday... very difficult to make "double-up" (FM+10KM/HM+10KM) like last year...

3. And regarding the venue, do you guys believe that the organizer could close the roads and move the start point back to Orchard Road on a SATURDAY EVENING?

.......... It looks to me that we will lose some fun and have some more concerns on the event. Probably the organizer wants to do "test the water" thing in this year...

Flag off time, registration link, registration fee and race pack collection details updated on the 1st post. 

Details on runner's entitlements has not been released. 

21 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Details on runner's entitlements has not been released. 

In the pre-sale email to past FM participants, the runner's entitlements are listed and are the same stuff as last year:

- Race singlet
- Race pack
- Finisher medal & T-shirt
- Cold towel
- Digital Photo 

One more thing, the 10% discount for past participant has been removed this year. :thumbsdown:

So double whammy. Fee increase and no discount.  So factoring in the 8% active fee, HM fee for Super Early Bird is $81. That's nearly $18 what I paid last year or a whopping 28% increase.  :startle: