Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

The Straits Times Run 2019 - 29 Sep (Sun)

On 7/18/2019 at 11:01 AM, lonewolf said:

Finisher Tee Design out

67148202_10156826763548462_1037635945202

Not bad. But I prefer if the design is not so 'loud' 

Wow. Its indeed 'loud'!

I was still undecided whether to sign up, but now that I see your update, I think I should find something else to join...

Race medal revealed.

st_20190826_medals26_5070890.jpg?itok=aY

Apart from that, Straits Times Run has now jumped on the latest fad -- combination medal

By signing up for this year run, a virtual run next year and next year's ST run, the 3 medals will form a complete skyline of the city's landscape.

st_20190826_medals262evm_5070891.jpg?ito

The second piece in the series can be gained through a virtual run, where participants sign up for and complete 18.45km between February and July next year. This can be done during a workout, and more details will be released later.

The estimated cost to take part in this virtual run is $10 per person, and those who complete it will be able to collect the virtual run medal at the 2020 ST Run race-pack collection.

The third and final piece of the "puzzle" will be given to those who complete their distance during next year's ST Run. It will have the words "Celebrating 175 years", which marks The Straits Times' 175th anniversary in 2020.

More details: ST Run finishers can collect trilogy of medals that portray cityscape

I like the idea but I really really hate the idea of a virtual run especially when I dun have a GPS watch and I dun like to run with my smartphone. But I may not have a choice if I want to complete the puzzle.

Sweetener: "Medal maker ELM is also looking into the possibility of providing a box or plate - at a small cost - so runners can display their collection. Details have yet to be confirmed." That would be quite awesome actually. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Race medal revealed.

st_20190826_medals26_5070890.jpg?itok=aY

Apart from that, Straits Times Run has now jumped on the latest fad -- combination medal

By signing up for this year run, a virtual run next year and next year's ST run, the 3 medals will form a complete skyline of the city's landscape.

st_20190826_medals262evm_5070891.jpg?ito

More details: ST Run finishers can collect trilogy of medals that portray cityscape

I like the idea but I really really hate the idea of a virtual run especially when I dun have a GPS watch and I dun like to run with my smartphone. But I may not have a choice if I want to complete the puzzle.

Sweetener: "Medal maker ELM is also looking into the possibility of providing a box or plate - at a small cost - so runners can display their collection. Details have yet to be confirmed." That would be quite awesome actually. 

Frankly, the design of this combination medal set is pretty "generic" - Unlike others where they seem to be more like puzzle pieces, these ST ones can each be their own standalone piece. May be good in a way if anyone is not looking to collect the entire set.

1 hour ago, beast said:

Frankly, the design of this combination medal set is pretty "generic" - Unlike others where they seem to be more like puzzle pieces, these ST ones can each be their own standalone piece. May be good in a way if anyone is not looking to collect the entire set.

I agree. I think the first The Performance Series 2016 medal set is still the best. The one that forms a outline of Singapore.

medal.jpg?w=768&h=1024

Photo Credit: https://therunningkhakis.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/our-little-red-dot-singapore-the-performance-series-2016/

2nd Best is the set of POSB Runs for Kids medals that form the POSB logo. 

40376768_2171497459760977_47104820955958C

Photo Credit: https://www.instagram.com/kumu_health_freak/

Honorable mentions: 2018 King of the Trails Medal set, 2018 The Performance Series Medal Set. 

1 hour ago, beast said:

You are right. Agree with you on this.

Shuttle bus tickets available for booking now.

ShareTransport will again be the transport operator.

Get your tickets here >> http://bit.ly/2P4kASy

Also, the race pack collection details has been quietly updated in the FAQ as follows:

Venue: Singapore Sports Hub, OCBC Arena Hall 1

Date & Time:
September 26, 2019: 11am – 8pm
September 27, 2019: 11am – 8pm
September 28, 2019: 11am – 7pm

Yeah. Considering the usual no of participants for this race, the no of counters quite few. So the queue spilled over outside and not moving very fast. At least, the security is doing a good job at crowd control. 

Took about 30 mins to collect mine from about 20+ in the queue outside. The queue in front of the counter probably another 50 or so. 

Race expo quite bare but Tiger Balm has quite a good package deal. Thankfully the gauntlet of insurance agents is mercifully low. :crazysmile: