Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

SG Ultra Marathon 2019 - 19 (Sat) & 20 (Sun) Oct.

12 hours ago, starfinder said:

Most likely the flag off times will be similar as last year's.

Race organiser is Epic-ESR, the organiser of Marina Run.

So should be another template race. Since the template has been established, they will most likley just copy-and-paste everything from last year. :crazysmile:

Posted (edited)

Surprised that they are going back to this ultra marathon in 2017 instead of the SG Run they organized last year.

I would have assumed that they earned more from the SG Run than this Ulramarathon, given that there should be more runners wanting to run 21km and 10km  than the ultra distances.

2017 run thread here - http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22869-2xu-sg-ultra-marathon-07-oct-08-oct/

Edited by beast

Last year they have both the SG run and the ultra marathon on the same day.  Essentially the same event but marketed differently. So I expect the same this year. I n fact I expect the route to be the same too. Haha

The good thing was even 10 km has the finisher shirt, though sharing with the 21 km category. Hopefully, this year is the same.

17 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Last year they have both the SG run and the ultra marathon on the same day.  Essentially the same event but marketed differently. So I expect the same this year. I n fact I expect the route to be the same too. Haha

Either I am getting really old or they did a very bad job in marketing. I don't even recall they organize the ultra marathon last year.

Still remember some of the runners highlighting that at certain checkpoints, there were no volunteers manning them and they just left the hydration for runners/non-runners to take....

I just love it when someone asks you for money but keeps the amount he is asking for a secret till you provide your credit card details.

Aiyoh no more 2xu.

I like last year's format, especially both 10 km and 21 kim runners share the same finisher shirt.

The organizer wants to treats them as two races separately, namely to hold two races at the same time. This is how they did in last year.

Yesterday I was just wearing last year's 2xu finisher shirt. Got quite positive comments from other people that the design looks cool.

This year's design looks a bit 'loud'. I just don't like having words displayed right at the centre on the front look. Just like The Straits Times Run.

I think if you finished a 50K or 100K, then the Finisher Tee design better be 'LOUD' :crazysmile:

However, when it becomes a walking advertisement for the sponsor, then I think it becomes a slap in the face for those who complete the distance. :growl: 

Let's do something about it.

SG-Marathonn-50KM-FT-02.jpg.d9c43dcb783f9e5b7f4591e5fec05be3.jpgSG-Marathonn-100KM-FT-02.jpg.7d0342bd101ad326fa07a7e96bb33cf2.jpg

Ahh..  much better! :crazysmile:

42 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I think if you finished a 50K or 100K, then the Finisher Tee design better be 'LOUD' :crazysmile:

However, when it becomes a walking advertisement for the sponsor, then I think it becomes a slap in the face for those who complete the distance. :growl: 

Let's do something about it.

SG-Marathonn-50KM-FT-02.jpg.d9c43dcb783f9e5b7f4591e5fec05be3.jpgSG-Marathonn-100KM-FT-02.jpg.7d0342bd101ad326fa07a7e96bb33cf2.jpg

Ahh..  much better! :crazysmile:

How about keep the 'ULTIMATE' and just replace the 'DIRECTION' with 'DISTANCE'? Now runners can really wear with pride. ?

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Will there be a Challenge 32? If not, have to sign up of this as part of scsm training. 

I'll highly recommend you do this. It's an evening race and 6 weeks before SCSM. Almost ideal :)

8 hours ago, okw said:

I'll highly recommend you do this. It's an evening race and 6 weeks before SCSM. Almost ideal :)

Early bird pricing ends  this Sunday. Most likely will sign up, as it has become a need.

1 hour ago, yh90 said:

Ts, i tot its Sgrun?

Kindly change the link to avoid confusion.

Both are essentially the same 1 event happening at the same time, just that Epic ESR want to call out the ultra distances separately under another name for don't know what reasons.

Just received an email from runpilgrim for a survey if they should organize a challenge 32 again.  Hopefully they do, coz expect them to be cheaper than this SGRUN.