Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

CSC Run by the Bay 2019 - 12 Oct (Sat)

3 hours ago, akane81 said:

Yeah, agree that it is good they are listening to feedback to push back the start time. I do remember the weather got better when it was nearer to 6pm. 

Something new this year is the team relay? Think they lost some participants due to asics relay last year so they try to make up for it?

And they're also going eco friendly this year. "Join us on this eco-friendly journey and use the reusable cups given out at the finish line for your drinks. Take the extra step and choose the opt out option for your bag and t-shirt/singlet." I've thrown/donated the hydration backpack given last year so I guess I dont mind the eco friendly option.

I thought previous years also have relay? But I could be wrong. Paging @lonewolf

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, akane81 said:

Something new this year is the team relay? Think they lost some participants due to asics relay last year so they try to make up for it?

Last year both of CSC run and ASICS relay clashed, this year they clash again. And my concern in this year is they not only clash on schedule, but also probably clash on the race route... Let's see how it goes...

Edited by ZZIZZ

4 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

I thought previous years also have relay? But I could be wrong. Paging @lonewolf

Oh yah, you're right, I remember starting off the race with the relay people last year. Hmm.. I saw it in the mailer as something new, I guess its the distance that is new, if I'm not wrong the relay was not 12.8km x 4 last year. 

14 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Consulting my trusty e-guide archive, I can confirm that indeed Ediken has been a feature for this race since 2016. :geek:

10 hours ago, akane81 said:

Oh yah, you're right, I remember starting off the race with the relay people last year. Hmm.. I saw it in the mailer as something new, I guess its the distance that is new, if I'm not wrong the relay was not 12.8km x 4 last year. 

No lah. The 12.8km (team of 4) is not new either. Neither is the distance of 12.8km (which was indeed new last year but not this year)

Like I said, I expect this year race format to be a near clone of last year race and looks like I was right. :crazysmile:

The only new thing I can see is the addition of festival activities and the removal of the lucky draw! 

I think another not very new but considered quite new is the starting time which changes from morning till evening (since las year)...