57210719_2177468555681770_84197100314437

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CSCRun/

Date: 12 Oct 2019 (Sat)
Venue: Gardens by the Bay East
Category: 21.2km, 12.8km, 6km

788732306_2019-10-12CSCRunFee.thumb.jpg.9679aec45d3f8294be03d64abd317a2e.jpg

283420147_2019-10-12CSCRunEnt.thumb.jpg.756781cc4fd94ebb4b7a2bdb28c58e90.jpg

Plus more entitlements including:

• Live online tracking for spectators (not for the Kids Run 1.28km)
  • Live results, right after you finish, for all distances 21.1km, 12.8km and 6km (except Kids Run 1.28km not timed)
  • Drinks on the course and post-race
  • Free bag deposit
  • e-Race certificate personalized your name and finish time

[Comment] Looks like MetaSports is handling the race logistics again this yr. So probably will more or less follow the same format as last yr. They did an OK job last yr but some size for the finisher tee ran out and the stage programme over-ran horribly. One of my streak run so will probably consider continuing.  

Edited by lonewolf

This race changed to an evening race last year... the weather was punishingly hot last year for those taking part in the 21.1km category... I still prefer it to be in the morning.

Thank you for updating bro. Not sure what categories they have, does it include 21KM? Let's see...

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for updating bro. Not sure what categories they have, does it include 21KM? Let's see...

There were 21.1K, 12.8K and 6K last year.

I would be very surprised if they deviate from the template that they have established. :crazysmile:

By my estimate, apart from the race fee and entitlements, I expect the rest of the details to be virtually identical from last year event.

We'll see when they launched the Early Bird pricing in 9 days time.

Hope they cut down on the excess like running backpack and water bottle and keep the fee reasonable this year. There was a big jump in the race fee last year from previous years' editions. It was no longer one of the cheapest HM on the racing calendar. 

No b2b clash with HomeTeamNS Real Run this year. The b2b  nutz would be crushed. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

If it's morning race, then most likely might do as bbday race.

Wanted to do this race since i have yet to participate this event. Till lonewof brought up b2b nutz.

Rechecked the dates. Guess i have to forgo this event & join nutz event instead. Oh well...

1 hour ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Wanted to do this race since i have yet to participate this event. Till lonewof brought up b2b nutz.

Rechecked the dates. Guess i have to forgo this event & join nutz event instead. Oh well...

Which distance are you joining for Nutz?

You can stop at any checkpoint for Nutz, take a cab down to do this run, after this run cab back to the same checkpoint to resume the Nutz run.

Are you that Nutz to do it?  :crazy:

Holy cow! :startle:

When I mentioned nutz, I was referring to the fact that last year Real Run was the next morning. So I know of a few nutz who ran CSC-Real Run b2b.

I did not realise that Craze Ultra is happening this year 12-13 Oct. So I guess b2b nutz will have something to look forward to after all. :crazysmile:

On 4/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, AutumnRunner said:

This race changed to an evening race last year... the weather was punishingly hot last year for those taking part in the 21.1km category... I still prefer it to be in the morning.

Me too!

On 4/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, yh90 said:

If it's morning race, then most likely might do as bbday race.

From the poster lonewolf posted up there, its a sunset race. Guess the timing will be like last year, but agree that it was horribly warm last year when the race started around 5-6pm. It was only slightly cooler after total sunset. Race atmosphere was not too bad last year although the venue was GBTB east. 

10 hours ago, akane81 said:

From the poster lonewolf posted up there, its a sunset race. Guess the timing will be like last year, but agree that it was horribly warm last year when the race started around 5-6pm. It was only slightly cooler after total sunset. Race atmosphere was not too bad last year although the venue was GBTB east. 

It will be at GBTB East again this year. LIke I say, template :crazysmile:

Of all the usual race venue, GBTB East is the one I really hate becos it's so inaccessible if bridging shuttle bus is not provided. If template remains, then we should have bridging shuttle bus again this year. :innocent:

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Holy cow! :startle:

When I mentioned nutz, I was referring to the fact that last year Real Run was the next morning. So I know of a few nutz who ran CSC-Real Run b2b.

I did not realise that Craze Ultra is happening this year 12-13 Oct. So I guess b2b nutz will have something to look forward to after all. :crazysmile:

7am - Craze Ultra 101 starts
4pm - Stop at 50km checkpoint and cab down to GBTB for CSC run
5pm - CSC Run 21km 
8pm - Cab back to 50km checkpoint for Craze Ultra 101
5am - Finish Craze Ultra 101, cab down to GBTB again for Real Run
7am - Real Run 10km
8pm - Finish a total of 132km in 25 hours with a B2B2B bragging right

Anyone wants to try? :crazysmile:

Edited by beast

1 hour ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Total 132km still less than 100miles Ultra.... 

Make do with whatever is available now lah... no more 100 miles already...

3 hours ago, beast said:

5pm - CSC Run 21km 
7am - Real Run 10km

Interesting. 

6 hours ago, beast said:

5pm - CSC Run 21km 
7am - Real Run 10km

No lah. Real Run no b2b with CSC this yr. Maybe got some other races pop up later? 

12 hours ago, lonewolf said:

It will be at GBTB East again this year. LIke I say, template :crazysmile:

Of all the usual race venue, GBTB East is the one I really hate becos it's so inaccessible if bridging shuttle bus is not provided. If template remains, then we should have bridging shuttle bus again this year. :innocent:

Bridging shuttle service to and from stadium mrt was quite good last year, queue was long at the end of the race but moving fast. 

On 4/9/2019 at 2:35 PM, beast said:

Which distance are you joining for Nutz?

You can stop at any checkpoint for Nutz, take a cab down to do this run, after this run cab back to the same checkpoint to resume the Nutz run.

Are you that Nutz to do it?  :crazy:

Wah you see me very upz but i'm very sure i will DNF for Nutz if i follow your advise. Lol...

17 hours ago, lonewolf said:

No lah. Real Run no b2b with CSC this yr. Maybe got some other races pop up later? 

Hmmm doubtful... Oct is usually just CSC and Real Run...

1st post updated with registration info and runner's entitlement. 

$3 race inflation this year bringing the HM rate to $65. That's more expensive than I what I paid to run SCSM last year. And also more expensive than 2XU Compression Run. There's also no loyalty rate for past participants. 

Yes the extra goodies are fine but what good is it to include stuff that you dun usually use? The runner's backpack they give last yr is gathering dust at one corner of my room. I can see the same happening for the runner's sling bag. 

This is one of my streak races so I am reluctant to stop if there is no compelling reason to do so. Perhaps one thing going for it is that I foresee a drastic drop in the number of races I do this year (not by choice but just because the number of events seems to be smaller this year)

Is this race worth paying more than 2XU and SCSM? Quite frankly the answer is no. 

At least they seem to have listened to the feedback by pushing the 21.1 flag-off to 1745 this year. Last year, it was 1715. 

And the lucky draw segment seems to have been cut totally. What a shame! 

Yeah, agree that it is good they are listening to feedback to push back the start time. I do remember the weather got better when it was nearer to 6pm. 

Something new this year is the team relay? Think they lost some participants due to asics relay last year so they try to make up for it?

And they're also going eco friendly this year. "Join us on this eco-friendly journey and use the reusable cups given out at the finish line for your drinks. Take the extra step and choose the opt out option for your bag and t-shirt/singlet." I've thrown/donated the hydration backpack given last year so I guess I dont mind the eco friendly option.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:46 AM, lonewolf said:

Is this race worth paying more than 2XU and SCSM? Quite frankly the answer is no. 

Agree with you on this. I would prefer 2XU for its race tees and finisher shirts. As for SCSM,  no other local race has such number of closed roads for runners. The race atmosphere is just so different. I hope SCSM would be held at Orchard again as in previous years.