Sign in to follow this  
stalky79

Oxfitt Run 7th July 2019

Posted (edited)

Date: 7th July 2019

Distance: 21.1km @ 0530am (based on fb)

It’s a BYOB race

Race entitlement includes: event singlet and basic compression shorts for men and tights for women, water bottle, gold finisher medal and goodie bag

Loyalty rate: 15th March to 23rd June - $50

Early bird rate: 15th March to 30th May - $55

Normal rate: 1st to .23rd June - $60

Last year took part in the 15km run during NDP rehearsal ... free fireworks and aerial display...

coincide with Gold Coast marathon for me... damn it... if not would have taken part 

Edited by stalky79
Details updated

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Last year took part in the 10km run during NDP rehearsal ... free fireworks and aerial display...

coincide with Gold Coast marathon for me... damn it... if not would have taken part 

Bro you ran short last yr izzit? :crazysmile:

There was only 1 race category last yr - 15K. 

Hopefully Pink Apple will remain the race organiser. The race calender this yr very sparse. So likely to join.

5 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Typo, typo mah~~~ ??

25 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Bro you ran short last yr izzit? :crazysmile:

Hopefully Pink Apple will remain the race organiser. The race calender this yr very sparse. So likely to join.

Paiseh... typo

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Date: 7th July 2019

Distance: 21.1km @ 0530am (based on fb)

Last year took part in the 15km run during NDP rehearsal ... free fireworks and aerial display...

Last year was Run Till Dark (evening). This year only Run (morning).

So no more free fireworks and aerial displays liao.......... Those who joined last year, don't blur blur sign up this year thinking that its an evening run again.

Edited by beast

*sigh* Another BYOB race. :thumbsd:

Looks like next time all Pink Apple races will be BYOB. 

The fee looks really reasonable considering the race entitlements but the BYOB is really a turn-off. 

Nmind. Still got time to think it over. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, lonewolf said:

Usually they will still provide water point to fill up your bottle.

Edited by mover

@mover I take it that you are making a comment and not a quote. Becos I certainly did not say the things about providing water points that you 'quote' me on. <_< Though it probably goes without saying that a BYOB race does not mean BYOW too. :crazysmile:

Even trail races will also have designated water points to fill up your hydration bottle/packs. 

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

@mover I take it that you are making a comment and not a quote. Becos I certainly did not say the things about providing water points that you 'quote' me on. <_< Though it probably goes without saying that a BYOB race does not mean BYOW too. :crazysmile:

Even trail races will also have designated water points to fill up your hydration bottle/packs. 

I making a comment.  Sorry , making a fast edit and everything go haywire. From the route, it look like it partially trails ? 

1 hour ago, mover said:

From the route, it look like it partially trails ? 

Route out liao meh? :unknw:

Men’s short measurement like a bit weird... says in inches ... but the figures in the sizing table if is in inches will be BIG sia

Should be cm bah. Dun make sense to be inches but better to write in and confirm with them.

Now let's just see if they bother to reply. Pink Apple customer service is getting worse. Most queries on FB goes unanswered. If you are lucky, you will get a reply if you email them. They used to be quite responsive. Maybe their success is getting a bit to their head. 

The thing with Pink Apple is that they are very fond of just using an existing template for all their race site info. This is the first time (I think) they are offering shorts as race entitlement so no one bothers to QC when they put up the info. 

I dun understand why they dun just list 2 sizing tables. One for the singlet (in inches as per template) and another for the shorts. 

10 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Should be cm bah. Dun make sense to be inches but better to write in and confirm with them.

Now let's just see if they bother to reply. Pink Apple customer service is getting worse. Most queries on FB goes unanswered. If you are lucky, you will get a reply if you email them. They used to be quite responsive. Maybe their success is getting a bit to their head. 

The thing with Pink Apple is that they are very fond of just using an existing template for all their race site info. This is the first time (I think) they are offering shorts as race entitlement so no one bothers to QC when they put up the info. 

I dun understand why they dun just list 2 sizing tables. One for the singlet (in inches as per template) and another for the shorts. 

Cm also funny.. see for the singlet size L, the length is “28”, in inches or cm also weird. Never proof check the table before posting sia 

1 minute ago, stalky79 said:

Cm also funny.. see for the singlet size L, the length is “28”, in inches or cm also weird. Never proof check the table before posting sia 

Inches for singlet. CM for shorts.

28" length for L singlet is the normal size leh. Most of my singlet from Brooks, NB, Mizuno etc all also L same length. 

Posted (edited)

Website removed the “ measurements are in inches” wordings... 

waist biggest size is 80cm or 31.5inch... then those waist bigger than 31.5inch how? Lol

i wrote to them this morning and they replied

“Hi there, thank you for raising up the error. Please be informed that the measurement chart is revised. Measurements for basic compression shorts are in CM. Hope this clarifies!”

Edited by stalky79

Posted (edited)

Pink Apple damn jialat leh. From too big to too small :crazysmile:

I agree that the size is a bit small.  

I guess those with big tummy (like me) either choose the biggest size and hope it fits or maybe choose a size to give/sell to someone else or just dun sign up for this race. 

One thing good about Pink Apple race. You can sign up male category and opt to receive the female tights.

Edited by lonewolf

Hmmm, morning run with 5.30am flagoff.

Does anybody have any guess if shuttle services will be provided, based on past events?

2 hours ago, warp9wb said:

Hmmm, morning run with 5.30am flagoff.

Does anybody have any guess if shuttle services will be provided, based on past events?

Not much of precedence. Last yr was the 1st edition and it was an evening run.

Some Pink Apple organied run do have shuttle buses eg. 2XU, Newton Run but many other also dun have eg. Race Against Cancer.

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Pink Apple damn jialat leh. From too big to too small :crazysmile:

I agree that the size is a bit small.  

I guess those with big tummy (like me) either choose the biggest size and hope it fits or maybe choose a size to give/sell to someone else or just dun sign up for this race. 

One thing good about Pink Apple race. You can sign up male category and opt to receive the female tights.

They expect only those skinny small sized people to sign up?

putting my registeration on hold !   Lol

I wonder how many people has already register for this event and correctly put in their compression shorts size?

I am small built. I will choose XS for singlet but for shorts, do I really put in 77cm waist XL size, since this is around my usual M size for my underwear purchase?

I think the sizing is seriously wrong. I had sent message to the organiser via their official website. But got no reply yet. I suspect it is still early days. Website is up, to collect registration fees, but the people behind organising the event haven't officially open shop yet. :lazy:

On 3/26/2019 at 7:11 PM, puppyrun said:

I wonder how many people has already register for this event and correctly put in their compression shorts size?

I am small built. I will choose XS for singlet but for shorts, do I really put in 77cm waist XL size, since this is around my usual M size for my underwear purchase?

I think the sizing is seriously wrong. I had sent message to the organiser via their official website. But got no reply yet. I suspect it is still early days. Website is up, to collect registration fees, but the people behind organising the event haven't officially open shop yet. :lazy:

Had put my registration on hold.

until they sort out the sizing for the compression tights  

One small thing...

looks this is the first 21km road run event BYOB, (save the environment and save the event cost, but except for the runners :) 

they said they hv water refill points, but don’t know how many. We know 21km run sweat a lot and sufficient hydration is a must. Any one hv any ideas?