SG RED DEVIL

Craze Ultra 2019 - 27km (New)/ 45km / 55km / 72km / 101km, 12th - 13th October 2019

On 8/8/2020 at 5:24 PM, simonleng said:

Kinda expected but still sad. Cya you next year.

Hope Running Guild is still around after the pandemic. They are one of the badly hit group as they can't hold any events at all, and I don''t see them doing any virtual runs. 

4 hours ago, beast said:

Hope Running Guild is still around after the pandemic. They are one of the badly hit group as they can't hold any events at all, and I don''t see them doing any virtual runs. 

@beastbro, Running Guild managed to organize Garang Warrior Ultra earlier this year 20 Feb. Subsequently the remaining 2 ultra events ie. Twilight Ultra Challenge & Craze Ultra are postponed to next year. Maybe for runners' safety reasons. Not sure BRUM will go ahead on 24 Oct.

I believe Running Guild will emerge stronger from this pandemic. 

13 hours ago, beast said:

Yup. And I thought Running Guild may be organising a Virtual ultra-runs. that would be very very innovative and interesting  though. Haaa

14 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

@beastbro, Running Guild managed to organize Garang Warrior Ultra earlier this year 20 Feb. Subsequently the remaining 2 ultra events ie. Twilight Ultra Challenge & Craze Ultra are postponed to next year. Maybe for runners' safety reasons. Not sure BRUM will go ahead on 24 Oct.

I believe Running Guild will emerge stronger from this pandemic. 

Yah but who knows when will this pandemic ends. Even if we are allowed to organize and partake in mass events sports, that is going to be a year later in 2021 at the earliest. I sure hope people in the team like Ben Swee are doing well enough to continue managing Running Guild by then.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:05 AM, simonleng said:

Yup. And I thought Running Guild may be organising a Virtual ultra-runs. that would be very very innovative and interesting  though. Haaa

wah.... virtual ultra will not feel so nice without the cheerful volunteers... so it might make a big difference... for marathon and below distance events, volunteers might not make such a big difference in the experience of a race..

10 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

wah.... virtual ultra will not feel so nice without the cheerful volunteers... so it might make a big difference... for marathon and below distance events, volunteers might not make such a big difference in the experience of a race..

Fully agreed with you on this. I just finished a virtual ultra self supported recently. Felt weird without any volunteers to welcome you at checkpoint etc. But under this pandemic situation,, virtual events will be the way to go at this moment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.