Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

Craze Ultra 2019 - 27km (New)/ 45km / 55km / 72km / 101km, 12th - 13th October 2019

Recommended Posts

On 10/12/2019 at 6:36 AM, wonderfulblevic said:

Good luck to all runners. Looks like will be hot day. Take care and run safe. Enjoy!

I thought you did shorter distance?

Now i understood why @prisangelwas not willing to join Craze Ultra. Roasted by the sun, blessed by the rain, attacked by Z-monsters & tabao blisters yesterday. Lol...

Anyway, i salute all who did 101 KM. Rest well guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

I thought you did shorter distance?

Now i understood why @prisangelwas not willing to join Craze Ultra. Roasted by the sun, blessed by the rain, attacked by Z-monsters & tabao blisters yesterday. Lol...

Anyway, i salute all who did 101 KM. Rest well guys.

Congrats on completing 101km!

its is not easy.  So many long stretches and changes in weather.  Yes this year i took part in 55km which starts in the evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me first thank all the volunteers of CU2019 and Ben Swee. You all have done an EXCELLENT job!

The difference between this and last year CU:

(1) Very hot. The heat along the stretch of Seletar North Link is exacerbated by the cutting down of trees and presence of construction sites next to the road. Certain stretch of Punggol Promenade has construction with heat from the works itself and enclosed walkways.

(2) Incredibly long stretch to reach CP5 upon reaching Bedok Reservoir. 

(3) Everyone said they love the hard-boiled eggs at the checkpoint 2. Let's have it at next run. kudos!

Did anyone notice the dead carcass of a dog along Seletar North Link after 10 pm on the way back? Probably a pitiful roadkill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Congrats on completing 101km!

its is not easy.  So many long stretches and changes in weather.  Yes this year i took part in 55km which starts in the evening.

@wonderfulblevic, apologies that i gave you wrong impression that i joined 101km. Instead i joined 72km & i was struggling with soiled wet shoes due to blessed rain. Blisters lai liao... Needless, i was in pain. If next year there is Craze Ultra, i will downgrade the distance just like you. Lol...

Saw Simon Leng ate his lunch McDonald while running out of North Point. Wow. That's how you guys did it saw in my own eyes. We greeted encouraging words towards one another.

Like i mentioned earlier, i have every respect all you guys did your 101 km. Salute!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

@wonderfulblevic, apologies that i gave you wrong impression that i joined 101km. Instead i joined 72km & i was struggling with soiled wet shoes due to blessed rain. Blisters lai liao... Needless, i was in pain. If next year there is Craze Ultra, i will downgrade the distance just like you. Lol...

Saw Simon Leng ate his lunch McDonald while running out of North Point. Wow. That's how you guys did it saw in my own eyes. We greeted encouraging words towards one another.

Like i mentioned earlier, i have every respect all you guys did your 101 km. Salute!!!

Nice meeting all of you during the event.

I struggled & managed to reach the end point at 5am++

The heat was really unbearable and I was literally limping after both my shin started to swell with ~30km left... 

For this year, I felt defeated by the event,  but I am really glad that I was able to complete this year event in one piece.

Seeya in 2020 fir the recertifications. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, puppyrun said:

After training under the heat for the past few weeks and months, I can confirm that heat is not my friend. I always end up walking as soon as my stored energy got suck up under the hot sun. 🙄

Anyway, looks like we could be looking at the likelihood of running under rain or thunderstorms for this CrazeUltra. Any suggestions on what to wear for rain? I suspect disposable poncho won't be good enough? Also, I think no one will carry umbrella right? 🤣

12 more days to go. Are you ready? 😥

I think my heat training really helps. I had trained running that Seletar stretch under hot sun at least twice. I was definitely still affected by the heat but not so much as before. 

But unfortunately, there was no training to prepare me on running with painful blisters 😂. For quite a while, I was worried I could be looking into Plan C - DNF. Never in my life that I had to really do countdown of every km that's left. In the end, struggled a lot but very glad to have finally cross the finishing point. What a Crazy Ultra experience! Lol.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

I think my heat training really helps. I had trained running that Seletar stretch under hot sun at least twice. I was definitely still affected by the heat but not so much as before. 

But unfortunately, there was no training to prepare me on running with painful blisters 😂. For quite a while, I was worried I could be looking into Plan C - DNF. Never in my life that I had to really do countdown of every km that's left. In the end, struggled a lot but very glad to have finally cross the finishing point. What a Crazy Ultra experience! Lol.🤣

Congrats! Nice chatting with you too. I had almost executed Plan C too, the heat and my shin pain were really a killer.... it is a sign that i did not prepare myself adequately for this race. well, i will do better next year ba! cya again! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, simonleng said:

Congrats! Nice chatting with you too. I had almost executed Plan C too, the heat and my shin pain were really a killer.... it is a sign that i did not prepare myself adequately for this race. well, i will do better next year ba! cya again! :)

Congrats to you too on another Craze Ultra completion! So happy to be part of this Craze Nuts this year. Finally got to meet you after following your past Craze Ultra reviews. Also, this run allowed me the chance to see many great Garang runners in person.

2 weeks before the race, I was concerned about having to run through the haze. Then one week before,  weather condition changed and we experienced few days of heavy rain. Finally on the actual day itself, it was terrible hot sunny weather that I went through since early morning from Yihun to Bedok Reservoir (it did rained though, which I missed, at the Northern and Central part of Singapore). First time got terrible painful blisters from (heat) running. First time learnt what it was like to run the remaining long long distance with pain . First time had to do mental countdown of every km that was still (torturing) remaining. Unbelievable experience for me! 😂

I had seen many runners got affected by the heat this year. Are we experiencing a hotter unbearable weather nowadays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Congrats to you too on another Craze Ultra completion! So happy to be part of this Craze Nuts this year. Finally got to meet you after following your past Craze Ultra reviews. Also, this run allowed me the chance to see many great Garang runners in person.

2 weeks before the race, I was concerned about having to run through the haze. Then one week before,  weather condition changed and we experienced few days of heavy rain. Finally on the actual day itself, it was terrible hot sunny weather that I went through since early morning from Yihun to Bedok Reservoir (it did rained though, which I missed, at the Northern and Central part of Singapore). First time got terrible painful blisters from (heat) running. First time learnt what it was like to run the remaining long long distance with pain . First time had to do mental countdown of every km that was still (torturing) remaining. Unbelievable experience for me! 😂

I had seen many runners got affected by the heat this year. Are we experiencing a hotter unbearable weather nowadays?

Haaaa, And I hope my reviews didn't disappoint you.

As for the heat, i think we are staying in air-conditioned environment longer and longer, that's why we r unable to adjust back to the heat....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, simonleng said:

Haaaa, And I hope my reviews didn't disappoint you.

As for the heat, i think we are staying in air-conditioned environment longer and longer, that's why we r unable to adjust back to the heat....

Oh no, you didn't disappoint. Just that I noticed you had became more efficient now, doing video instead of writing. Last time can read, now have got to watch and listen. 😆

Personally, I think that the climate has really changed a lot. We are experiencing hotter sunshine, probably due to the thinning of ozone layer. I could still feel the burning sensation on my neck last Sat even though I had them covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

Oh no, you didn't disappoint. Just that I noticed you had became more efficient now, doing video instead of writing. Last time can read, now have got to watch and listen. 😆

Personally, I think that the climate has really changed a lot. We are experiencing hotter sunshine, probably due to the thinning of ozone layer. I could still feel the burning sensation on my neck last Sat even though I had them covered.

Haaa, I thought the video will be more watchable and allow you guys to feel and experience my happiness together mah.  

Anyway, speedy recovery to your sun-burnt, I am hoping for my swollen shin to become normal again..... 

Cya in SCMS 2019 :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Fans of Craze Ultra (you know who you are),

Kindly reserve this next year date: Craze Ultra 9th edition 10 Oct 2020.

image.png.b8b73680cb41c14677ce19b503889d42.png

 

Bro Autumnrunner and sis pris hsve one year to train. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wahhh...next year's Craze Ultra is falling on the auspicious date of 10-10-2020. Already marked my calendar for this!!

Anyway, HUGE congratulations to everyone who has completed this year's Craze Ultra. The weather wasn't on our side, yet we completed the race regardless. Ultra runners are known to be the ultra-hardy type. Rain or shine, we keep pushing on. Schedule and budget permitting, i'll definitely be back again for this annual punish fest next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 8:05 PM, simonleng said:

 

My Memories of this Event. For sharing just in case somebody is keen to sign up next year :)

Nice video log bro. Good to see you at the race and hope that you're recovering well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Nice video log bro. Good to see you at the race and hope that you're recovering well. 

nice seeing you too.... sad to say but my shin are still swollen till this day :( guess old liao, need more time to recover :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 7:40 PM, simonleng said:

nice seeing you too.... sad to say but my shin are still swollen till this day :( guess old liao, need more time to recover :(

 

You deserve the down time after the over exertion in completing the 101km. Don't rush the recovery, and only start running again once you're fully recovered. We're no longer young indeed hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

All of you guys are awesome! 👏👏👍👍

Thanks for the encouragement! But don't just cheer for us, join us next year 😉

I can't promise it'll be painless, but i can promise it'll be fun and worth it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...