Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

Craze Ultra 2019 - 27km (New)/ 45km / 55km / 72km / 101km, 12th - 13th October 2019

10 hours ago, simonleng said:

yaaaa....... i woke up early today but can't run as it is unsafe to run this morning... haaaa

will try again tomorrow :)

wah.... count down till so specific ah... still got hours....

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

@AutumnRunner you should join this race at least once. At least there will not be any regret if dis-continue.

Last day to register is 29 Sept 2359 Hrs.

18 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Of Cos!!! Anyway, the haze was not too bad today and I did my lasy & final long run this morning.

For the next 2 weeks, i will be on REST & RECOVERY :)

So how? u joining us boh?

Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 9.17.49 AM.png

2 hours ago, simonleng said:

@AutumnRunner, 3 more days before the organiser close the registration. so how? :) 

What makes you think he will sign up for a craze ultra 2 weeks before race day?

On 9/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, beast said:

What makes you think he will sign up for a craze ultra 2 weeks before race day?

perhaps a possibility of 50-50? :)

This year's 101km attracted quite a few very fast runners. We also have some 100 miles runners from previous years that are joining us this time for the 101km too. I foresee that by the time I reach CPs at Lorong Harus or Sunshine Plaza,  I should be seeing all these fast runners as they will already be making their way back. 😅

2 hours ago, simonleng said:

perhaps a possibility of 50-50? :)

AutumnRunner pretends not to see our messages. I guess Beast was right! Lol...

16 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

This year's 101km attracted quite a few very fast runners. We also have some 100 miles runners from previous years that are joining us this time for the 101km too. I foresee that by the time I reach CPs at Lorong Harus or Sunshine Plaza,  I should be seeing all these fast runners as they will already be making their way back. 😅

101Km category is interesting to look at especially with a Kenya runner. Anyway just be yourself on race day.

Good luck to all of us in 2 weeks time D-Day!  

1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

i also think so. look at the bright side, at least we can say hi to many runners while we were running bedok reservoir. :)

1 hour ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

AutumnRunner pretends not to see our messages. I guess Beast was right! Lol...

101Km category is interesting to look at especially with a Kenya runner. Anyway just be yourself on race day.

Good luck to all of us in 2 weeks time D-Day!  

seeya!

@AutumnRunner, paging AR AR AR!!!!! haaaa :)

Edited by simonleng

On 9/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

@AutumnRunner you should join this race at least once. At least there will not be any regret if dis-continue.

Last day to register is 29 Sept 2359 Hrs.

Hmn.... with my injury prone heel ah... hmm...

23 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Injury prone leh...training for FM is already standing on red line liao...

orgh.... will jio you again same time next year then :)

After training under the heat for the past few weeks and months, I can confirm that heat is not my friend. I always end up walking as soon as my stored energy got suck up under the hot sun. 🙄

Anyway, looks like we could be looking at the likelihood of running under rain or thunderstorms for this CrazeUltra. Any suggestions on what to wear for rain? I suspect disposable poncho won't be good enough? Also, I think no one will carry umbrella right? 🤣

12 more days to go. Are you ready? 😥

2 hours ago, puppyrun said:

After training under the heat for the past few weeks and months, I can confirm that heat is not my friend. I always end up walking as soon as my stored energy got suck up under the hot sun. 🙄

Anyway, looks like we could be looking at the likelihood of running under rain or thunderstorms for this CrazeUltra. Any suggestions on what to wear for rain? I suspect disposable poncho won't be good enough? Also, I think no one will carry umbrella right? 🤣

12 more days to go. Are you ready? 😥

to be precise,  we r left with 10 days and 10 hours hor :) 

as for the wet weather, if wet only, continue to run. If thunderstorm, then better take cover hor. Safety first hor :) 

Extracted from the CU2019 FB Page

Check out your Craze Ultra 2019 Bib number & start times via this link:
https://docs.google.com/…/1q24xqdygi3rvgbENeSFNqP93Jq…/edit…

You may collect your bib number tag at the race start at MacRitchie Reservoir anytime from 6pm on 11 Oct 2019 Friday till 15 mins before your flag off time. But do note if you have any special needs bags(for your race-needs items) to be sent to any of the checkpoints, please deposit these bag(s) at the race start area by 5.30am 12 Oct 2019 Saturday. We advise you to drop off your special needs bag at the same time when picking up your number tag.

There are about 230 participants so we advise coming early to pick up your number tag.

This morning I went for the 23km Force of Nature Run. I met a few and later saw from the livetrail results, quite a handful of CrazeUltra participants did the 42km Run! :shok:

Wow! Looks like most of the participants are serious Nuts, all readily trained and well prepared for next Sat. 😅

2 hours ago, puppyrun said:

This morning I went for the 23km Force of Nature Run. I met a few and later saw from the livetrail results, quite a handful of CrazeUltra participants did the 42km Run! :shok:

Wow! Looks like most of the participants are serious Nuts, all readily trained and well prepared for next Sat. 😅

but you are also one of the nutty runners leh....doing a 23km run a week before CU2019 leh. power! :)

D-Day is upon us this Saturday!! Hope everyone has trained well over the last few months leading to the big day. Yes, this year's 101km does have quite a few 'elites' among the fray. Gonna be an exciting weekend ahead!! 

Eat up and get lots of rest this week. Looking forward to see everyone on race day!!!

4 hours ago, jerrylam said:

D-Day is upon us this Saturday!! Hope everyone has trained well over the last few months leading to the big day. Yes, this year's 101km does have quite a few 'elites' among the fray. Gonna be an exciting weekend ahead!! 

Eat up and get lots of rest this week. Looking forward to see everyone on race day!!!

Yup. Another four more days to go!!!  Seeya on Fri/Sat/Sunday :)

I just hope there is no rain. In CU2018, I actually loved the cool shower along Punggol Promenade. But When I returned back along Yishun, my wet shoe caused a blister to appear under my right sole. I had to tolerate (and slow down) all the way back to MacRitchie. 

Anyone got any remedy for this?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, loderunner said:

I just hope there is no rain. In CU2018, I actually loved the cool shower along Punggol Promenade. But When I returned back along Yishun, my wet shoe caused a blister to appear under my right sole. I had to tolerate (and slow down) all the way back to MacRitchie. 

Anyone got any remedy for this?

@loderunner maybe you would like to try taping both soles to prevent blisters before the race. Extra socks as standby to change if current sock is wet during race. This was shared by some ultra runners when i posed them same question. Now i hardly have blisters anymore. Hope this helps.

PS: Once blister occur, no medicine can ease the pain & do not break the blister.

Edited by SG RED DEVIL

My Sat game plan:

Plan A - Stick to the Kenyan's pace. High chance of besting the 10~11hrs finishing times and be back home for a nice dinner/ comfortable sleep. 

Plan B - Stick to attempt finishing before the cut off time, possibly past 6am and save on taking Grab home.

Hmmm, I shall do Plan A. See you guys on Sat. 🙂

Edit:

Oops, that was me dreaming. 🤣In fact, there is no Plan A all along. Actually, there is a Plan C - DNF. 😥

Edited by puppyrun

12 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

My Sat game plan:

Plan A - Stick to the Kenyan's pace. High chance of besting the 10~11hrs finishing times and be back home for a nice dinner/ comfortable sleep. 

Plan B - Stick to attempt finishing before the cut off time, possibly past 6am and save on taking Grab home.

Hmmm, I shall do Plan A. See you guys on Sat. 🙂

I am following my own Plan - Just stick to my own pace and finish it. And hope that there shall not "tabao" much pain back home. :D

See you on Saturday! :D:D:D:D

Edited by simonleng

3 hours ago, simonleng said:

I am following my own Plan - Just stick to my own pace and finish it. And hope that there shall not "tabao" much pain back home. :D

See you on Saturday! :D:D:D:D

Ya, see you on Sat. 

Looking forward to Sat. Will finally get to meet the people here who had inadvertently poisoned me :wave:, as well as get to see all the Garang heroes in person :bow:.