Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

Craze Ultra 2019 - 27km (New)/ 45km / 55km / 72km / 101km, 12th - 13th October 2019

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Sure have non-drinkers so extra cans for you? Lol... Siow liow heat is still not my friend at the moment.¬†ūüėÖ

See you on actual day.

seeya! at lest the heat is not ur friend yet....

the sun, the run, the terrain and distances are not my friends yet.¬†ūüėÖ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm doesn't beer dehydrate the body? After an ultra I would reckon that you want to retain as much as your remaining body water level as possible.

But I suppose 1 can won't really hurt............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 2 failed attempts to try the 200km Monster and the 200miles Ultra due to commitments, I resolve to do this Craze Ultra once again (my 2nd time). And I love craft beer...looking forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 more weeks to go? Still considering going for the 72km or 101km for my first attempt.

Would like to ask those who did the 101km. Did you take a cab home after finishing at past midnight (based on average completion time of 18 - 20 hours)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

8 more weeks to go? Still considering going for the 72km or 101km for my first attempt.

Would like to ask those who did the 101km. Did you take a cab home after finishing at past midnight (based on average completion time of 18 - 20 hours)? 

Yep.  Grab. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can offer a lift to anyone after the race who

(1) lives in Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok, Jurong West/East, Boon Lay.

(2) cross the finish line between 18 - 20 hours

One more condition: if my legs are still OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 10:59 PM, loderunner said:

After 2 failed attempts to try the 200km Monster and the 200miles Ultra due to commitments, I resolve to do this Craze Ultra once again (my 2nd time). And I love craft beer...looking forward.

Cya on event day!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2-cent tip for the Craze Ultra:

(1) If you can, start with an empty hydration pack/bottle if you can 'tahan' until checkpoint 1 to fill up. This will lighten your load for the first 13.7 km.

(2) Forget about bringing any headlamps (LED or not). Last time, I ran and did not see any need for it.

But I realize I still had to contend with the probable encounter with the 'spectator' dogs at Pasir Ris Farmway. Anyone had this experience?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, loderunner said:

But I realize I still had to contend with the probable encounter with the 'spectator' dogs at Pasir Ris Farmway. Anyone had this experience?

Usually they will just bark and try to come close to you. But they are unlikely to attack you unless you provoke them. Just run normally.  If you meet them heads off just stop and wait for other runners to come along and run together with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be my first time. I plan to start off with slow jog, start walking once the sun getting hot, probably from Yishun to Lor Halus and from then onwards. Will probably spend around 10 mins at every CPs from Sembawang onwards. Something that I have not work out yet is what to eat, as I normally don't have appetite during run and also I have got weak stomach. I hope I can complete this on my first attempt.

 

Screenshot_20190828_174632.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, puppyrun said:

This is going to be my first time. I plan to start off with slow jog, start walking once the sun getting hot, probably from Yishun to Lor Halus and from then onwards. Will probably spend around 10 mins at every CPs from Sembawang onwards. Something that I have not work out yet is what to eat, as I normally don't have appetite during run and also I have got weak stomach. I hope I can complete this on my first attempt.

 

Screenshot_20190828_174632.jpg

Sounds like a good plan. CYA on event day :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 9:16 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Last 4 days to register under early entry.

Finisher T design is out.

Finisher T-shirt design - Craze Ultra 2019.png

finally not a  neon colour shirt :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove past the under construction new Canberra MRT Station along Canberra Link recently. I noticed that there were construction going on on both sides, Canberra MRT Station on one side and Canberra Plaza on the other side. Both sides of the road were not accessible to pedestrians. I think affected pedestrians have to do a long detour to reach the other end. I hope the work along this stretch of affected road will complete before Craze Ultra. 

 

Canberra.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, puppyrun said:

I drove past the under construction new Canberra MRT Station along Canberra Link recently. I noticed that there were construction going on on both sides, Canberra MRT Station on one side and Canberra Plaza on the other side. Both sides of the road were not accessible to pedestrians. I think affected pedestrians have to do a long detour to reach the other end. I hope the work along this stretch of affected road will complete before Craze Ultra. 

 

Canberra.png

same same last year, we need to detour here last year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the haze is going to be here to stay and will definitely affect those Nuts out there this year. Especially those doing 101km, where most will be out in the open for like 18~20 something hours, I wonder how will be the impact? Ever since the hazy condition got into unhealthy level, all my training has been put off. Oh dear...how ah?¬†ūüôĄ

I heard the haze during Craze Ultra for the year 2015 was far worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

Looks like the haze is going to be here to stay and will definitely affect those Nuts out there this year. Especially those doing 101km, where most will be out in the open for like 18~20 something hours, I wonder how will be the impact? Ever since the hazy condition got into unhealthy level, all my training has been put off. Oh dear...how ah?¬†ūüôĄ

I heard the haze during Craze Ultra for the year 2015 was far worse?

You are not alone. I'm also not clocking enough mileage too... 24 days counting down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, simonleng said:

Another 3 weeks more, so it is time to taper down :) Seeya all soon :D

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 7.39.08 PM.png

Thanks to the ongoing unpredictable daily haze condition, my training has subconsciously already began its auto tapering down program.¬†ūü§£

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Thanks to the ongoing unpredictable daily haze condition, my training has subconsciously already began its auto tapering down program.¬†ūü§£

yaaaa....... i woke up early today but can't run as it is unsafe to run this morning... haaaa

will try again tomorrow :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Upcoming Events

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Better check.... That brownish stained color plus description is most likely metal strip rust. Probably design fault didn't expect user to soak overnight and then starts to rust. Of course, if you need to use it urgently for "washroom with no toilet paper" (a premium item now during covid-19)... then use it with no other choice,¬†staining it with the real stuff...discard better...no need to rewash...for it has served the purpose...what a relief! Really when nature calls, you may never know your when you "ultra (layered) mask" may come by useful...btw, please bring a backup mask, just in case, for you still need to Wear Mask Always after using the washroom.... next time toilet-train during Exercise (Run)....endure and stoppage all nature calls..like beyond 1km...3km...5km... then next time you can endure this route for 16km for just 1 "ultra mask"...for Exercise (Run Ultra!)..ūüė∑
    • Actually, Events (SCSM or F1) are for the Economy, attracting both¬†locals and overseas visitors to stopover and spend in travelings (Airlines/Airports), lodgings (Hotels) and immersing in the experience of Sports (Participation) and of course, savouring F&B during the Event stay...visit¬†attractions (Tourism). Virtual Meeting/Travel¬†via "Zoom" ...Virtual Run via "Zoom" or "Youtubing" casting... Uncle's VR definition - Virtual Reality -¬†a simulated experience that can be similar to or completely different from the real world..immersive in experience... we may be moving into this direction after Covid-19...even when there is a vaccine for all...expect changes in the coming months Home-based VR learning start with the kids...
    • everyone has their own agenda on fitness... some have¬†moderate...some have higher... some will race...others simply DIY...some want medals (extrinsic)...some simply go Green (intrinsic)... no comments on what is fitness...cycling and running and swimming... exercise is essentially to burn fat...so which one will burn fat better...uncle chooses running over cycling over swimming...so what's yours? all the best bro...continue to do what is happy for yourself...just define on your own Stay Safe Stay Healthy Safe Happy in 2020...because there is simply no real Race (Run) which has a higher risk...vs..Virtual Run (Home-based)...very safe.. counting down to Sunday...in hours...and MIA...ūüė∑
    • Uncle, I won't participate SCSM 2020 if it becomes a virtual run. The fees may be cheaper but I believe most of us would want to cross the finisher line in the SG Marathon. So the VR is really no point...
    • CB or no CB, I think it is good to maintain fitness so that we can enjoy sports or outdoors. No need to over stress to reach higher targets, just do at own pace to enjoy the process of doing them. ¬†
×
×
  • Create New...