Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

Craze Ultra 2019 - 27km (New)/ 45km / 55km / 72km / 101km, 12th - 13th October 2019

Recommended Posts

I had a look at the past years. 101km always attracted the most participants, followed by the 43km or 78km. Of course, not many would attempt the 100 miles so it had the least participants.

For this year, I think the newly introduced 27km is great to attract the new craze nuts, but the 55km seems to be redundant, as it's just in between the 45km and 72km.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 10:26 PM, puppyrun said:

I had a look at the past years. 101km always attracted the most participants, followed by the 43km or 78km. Of course, not many would attempt the 100 miles so it had the least participants.

For this year, I think the newly introduced 27km is great to attract the new craze nuts, but the 55km seems to be redundant, as it's just in between the 45km and 72km.

 

Completing 100mile within 32hr is impossible for mortals like me... either the distance or the time will kill me....

IMO, 101km distance seems to be a "do-able" distance within a "do-able" 24hr Cut Off Time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, simonleng said:

Completing 100mile within 32hr is impossible for mortals like me... either the distance or the time will kill me....

IMO, 101km distance seems to be a "do-able" distance within a "do-able" 24hr Cut Off Time.

So Simon.... CU2019 once again??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

good for u... trying out the 100miles this year?? 

Me?? you haven given up trying to see me ah... haa....?

AutumnRunner must have just come out of deep hiatus as can see his post is now everywhere.

This year's Craze Ultra, no more 100 miles! Also, Simonleng is the first one to register and has gotten the BIB #1. So surely you can expect to see him there. 

May be to satisfy everyone once and for all, who's eager to see you take part in Craze Ultra, you can consider joining the new 27km category. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

AutumnRunner must have just come out of deep hiatus as can see his post is now everywhere.

This year's Craze Ultra, no more 100 miles! Also, Simonleng is the first one to register and has gotten the BIB #1. So surely you can expect to see him there. 

May be to satisfy everyone once and for all, who's eager to see you take part in Craze Ultra, you can consider joining the new 27km category. ?

Nah 27km or 45km is too easy for him. Will still consider him making good of his words if he sign up 55km or 72km. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was speaking to my running friends as well on this... still considering as the date is too near to my other overseas race, so really haven made the decision... and any distance more than 42.195km will be new to my poor legs thus need to really "listen to the legs".... @puppyrun and @beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Was speaking to my running friends as well on this... still considering as the date is too near to my other overseas race, so really haven made the decision... and any distance more than 42.195km will be new to my poor legs thus need to really "listen to the legs".... @puppyrun and @beast

What other overseas run? Then focus on that instead. I wasn't expected you to take part already, but apparently many in this forum still do haha.

Edited by beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

good for u... trying out the 100miles this year?? 

Me?? you haven given up trying to see me ah... haa....?

dont have 100 mils leh... haaaa

and yes, i haven give up yet :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need advise here from the Craze Ultra experts.

I am new to craze ultra, but thinking of going for the 72km or 101km this year. However, one week before this, there is also Force of Nature where I am also interested in. Early bird registration for FON ending in one week's time,  so I will have to decide fast. Will doing a 23km or 42km trail run one week before craze ultra be advisable? Or I should just choose one run, either FON or CU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

Need advise here from the Craze Ultra experts.

I am new to craze ultra, but thinking of going for the 72km or 101km this year. However, one week before this, there is also Force of Nature where I am also interested in. Early bird registration for FON ending in one week's time,  so I will have to decide fast. Will doing a 23km or 42km trail run one week before craze ultra be advisable? Or I should just choose one run, either FON or CU?

Personally I will prioritize CU, as there has always been hearsay that the organizer doesn't want to do this anymore since a few years ago. Hence take every CU as another additional bonus year that we get to enjoy good support for local ultra running. Never know got CU again next year or not.

We have very few trail runs every year so if you really enjoy trail runs I guess you should try and participate as far as possible. But compared to ultra events, it is not to the point that there is only 1 such run every year, which is CU's case.

If you really want to run both, my personal recommend is to take 23km for FON and 72km for craze ultra. Any other combination sounds like an overkill but then again you would know your body best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beast said:

Personally I will prioritize CU, as there has always been hearsay that the organizer doesn't want to do this anymore since a few years ago. Hence take every CU as another additional bonus year that we get to enjoy good support for local ultra running. Never know got CU again next year or not.

We have very few trail runs every year so if you really enjoy trail runs I guess you should try and participate as far as possible. But compared to ultra events, it is not to the point that there is only 1 such run every year, which is CU's case.

If you really want to run both, my personal recommend is to take 23km for FON and 72km for craze ultra. Any other combination sounds like an overkill but then again you would know your body best.

I think you are right. If we are not sure whether there is going to be a next CU, I might as well just go for the 101km. Will skip the FON altogether then. Ok. That's the plan for now.Thanks @beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Facing a similar dilemma. Deciding between CU and SG Ultra. I can’t do back to back ultras. So it’s either one or one short one long. For CU, won’t be doing 101k this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

 Facing a similar dilemma. Deciding between CU and SG Ultra. I can’t do back to back ultras. So it’s either one or one short one long. For CU, won’t be doing 101k this year. 

Alamak. Now that you had mentioned SG Ultra...more headache...why? Why all on Oct? I can only choose one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Disclaimer : I am not paid by organizer of CU Running Guild for this.

CU checkpoint support has been consistently good and well-stocked so far. Haven't heard any complaints about race support so far. The 3 years that I have been involved in (runner + pacer) have been good in my opinion.

I didn't run SG Ultra before, but from what I read SG ultra race support for the first edition in 2017 was fairly mixed. Some say the checkpoints are well stocked with food and drinks, others say its barely supported with just bottles of water.  In 2018 the run was so low key that I don't remember seeing any reviews on it.

You guys can do your own research and decide.

Edited by beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beast said:

Disclaimer : I am not paid by organizer of CU Running Guild for this.

CU checkpoint support has been consistently good and well-stocked so far. Haven't heard any complaints about race support so far. The 3 years that I have been involved in (runner + pacer) have been good in my opinion.

I didn't run SG Ultra before, but from what I read SG ultra race support for the first edition in 2017 was fairly mixed. Some say the checkpoints are well stocked with food and drinks, others say its barely supported with just bottles of water.  In 2018 the run was so low key that I don't remember seeing any reviews on it.

You guys can do your own research and decide.

@beast really appreciate your inputs. Will definitely come in here to ask more silly questions as a first timer, should I really sign up CU. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 5:27 PM, beast said:

What other overseas run? Then focus on that instead. I wasn't expected you to take part already, but apparently many in this forum still do haha.

Wahahaha... I really doubt my legs can take it for an ultra... they are quite injury prone... haaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 6:08 AM, simonleng said:

dont have 100 mils leh... haaaa

and yes, i haven give up yet :)

Wah... thanks Simon for the support... but keep disappointing u year after year... think my injury back then really gave me a good lesson...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Wahahaha... I really doubt my legs can take it for an ultra... they are quite injury prone... haaa

As if ours not injury prone.... just have to be careful and train lah...

So which overseas run are you going? So secretive till cannot share ah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 3:55 AM, beast said:

As if ours not injury prone.... just have to be careful and train lah...

So which overseas run are you going? So secretive till cannot share ah...

Haven fully firm up la... once firmed up then share lo.. nothing secretive..  just dun wanna say things which dun exist in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Haven fully firm up la... once firmed up then share lo.. nothing secretive..  just dun wanna say things which dun exist in future.

An overseas run that is happening in Sept/Oct should already know you got the race slot or not bah....unless you got the slot but not sure you still want to go or not? 

Anyway nobody is keeping tabs of whether you actually go for your overseas run or not lah..... except maybe Simon lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...