Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

Craze Ultra 2019 - 27km (New)/ 45km / 55km / 72km / 101km, 12th - 13th October 2019

The 8th edition of the Craze Ultra is here with a slight change in format & rules. Will you be there?

Date: 12-13 October 2019

Venue: MacRitchie Reservoir (besides the amenities centre)

Distance: 45km - Sat Start 8am/ 55km - Sat Start 5pm/ 72km - Sat Start 7 am/ 101km - Sat Start 7 am

Start: 12 Oct 2019 0700 Hr

Finish: 13 Oct 2019 0700 Hr (for all distances)

COT: Up to 24 hrs only (13 Oct 0700 Hr)

FB: https://www.facebook.com/CrazeUltra/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

CRAZE FINISHER.jpg

72.png

101.png

55.png

45.png

Edited by SG RED DEVIL
  • Thanks 1

Difference between this edition & last edition:

1) No more 63km & 100 miles but replaced with 55km & 72km.

2) COT: 24 hrs not 32 hrs.

To declare you are ultramaniac, need to achieve minimum distance for other Running Guild's events as well.

51010830_2123807201015258_4514297566271111168_n.png

Already marked the dates on my calendar. I'm glad the race is back...although there's no longer 100 miles. 

As much as I want to revisit this race for the 55km or 72km distance, I already made plans for that weekend so will give this a miss again this year.

Selfishly hoped the run would be postponed to another week (maybe closer to SCMS like last year). If not all the best to those signing up!

On 2/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, beast said:

As much as I want to revisit this race for the 55km or 72km distance, I already made plans for that weekend so will give this a miss again this year.

Selfishly hoped the run would be postponed to another week (maybe closer to SCMS like last year). If not all the best to those signing up!

I would have preferred held on November 'cos no major runs.

Anyway, race routes are out with slight change. No Woodlands Waterfront as one of the check point.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:55 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Anyway, race routes are out with slight change. No Woodlands Waterfront as one of the check point.

What a shame.... it was a nice point for a checkpoint...near the toilets and nice sea view (sunset view as well if timed well)...

On 3/4/2019 at 5:55 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

The Woodlands Waterfront checkpoint last year was only utilized for the 100 miles category. As there is no 100 miles for this year, hence that CP is not necessary. 

Dear All & @simonleng,

Date has been confirm on 12-13 Oct so can start training. So no more tentative which i have already removed.

Starting timing differs on different categories especially 55 Km starts at 1700 Hrs. Now awaiting pricing cum registration to be opened.

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2019 at 10:17 AM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Dear All & @simonleng,

Date has been confirm on 12-13 Oct so can start training. So no more tentative which i have already removed.

Starting timing differs on different categories especially 55 Km starts at 1700 Hrs. Now awaiting pricing cum registration to be opened.

Thanks for the update! Had been lazy for the past few months.... Will start training once I have registered for the event :)

Edited by simonleng

On 5/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

Was the 101km also this price last year?

Last year early bird for 101km was $150. And I was expecting for price hike given the fact that there is no 100mile event this time round. 

Anyway, I have signed up for 101km event liao... Wohoo! 

Application to be a Nut is now OPEN!

The 8th edition of Craze Ultra - Are You Nuts? will take place on 12-13 October 2019, and we're looking forward to having you join us to Go Nuts in these categories:
*101km (7.00am start on 12 Oct Sat) - 101km finishers under 22hrs qualify to enter the ballot for the 2020 Western States 100 Miles Endurance Run
*72km (7.30am start on 12 Oct Sat) - new category
*55km (5.00pm start on 12 Oct Sat) - new category
*45km (8.00am start on 12 Oct Sat)
NOTE: The cutoff time for all categories is 7.00am on 13 Oct 2019

Event Souvenirs
*All participants will receive an 8th edition Craze Ultra event t-shirt.
*All finishers will be awarded a special finisher souvenir.
*The finisher tee & medal will be available as an optional purchase.

Registration Periods
Early Nut entry - Now till 18 August 2019
Late Nut entry - 19 August till 1 September 2019

Find out more Craze Ultra details at: https://crazeultra.blogspot.com/

Presented by Running Guild (SG)

2 hours ago, simonleng said:

Last year early bird for 101km was $150. And I was expecting for price hike given the fact that there is no 100mile event this time round. 

Thanks for the info. Good luck for your race. 

Well, 101km is essentially about 2.5 FM. If you x2.5 by $70 (the early bird prices we are taking for Sundown and SCSM), the price is about $175 so $155 is still slightly cheaper.

Of course you can argue that in FM you have more hydration stations, and finisher items. Craze Ultra may have 3 times lesser in support stations, but they are all more well stocked with food and drink, so I would say they are quite comparable. As for finisher items, you can purchase them at an additional cost, if you really want to. $155+$35 is still close to $175.

In short, the $155 price tag for 101km is not that ex actually. Not forgetting that the costs incurred for mass runs enjoy economies of scales, which smaller runs like Craze Ultra don't get to enjoy.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:41 AM, beast said:

Well, 101km is essentially about 2.5 FM. If you x2.5 by $70 (the early bird prices we are taking for Sundown and SCSM), the price is about $175 so $155 is still slightly cheaper.

Of course you can argue that in FM you have more hydration stations, and finisher items. Craze Ultra may have 3 times lesser in support stations, but they are all more well stocked with food and drink, so I would say they are quite comparable. As for finisher items, you can purchase them at an additional cost, if you really want to. $155+$35 is still close to $175.

In short, the $155 price tag for 101km is not that ex actually. Not forgetting that the costs incurred for mass runs enjoy economies of scales, which smaller runs like Craze Ultra don't get to enjoy.

Ah i see, no wonder, thanks for clarification

Got to know from PrisChew that a new Mini Nutz category is up.

23km run from Macritchie to Checkpoint 1 and back to Macritchie for $40. 

On 5/23/2019 at 4:53 PM, simonleng said:

Congratulations for getting bib #1 lol.

10 hours ago, beast said:

Hi Beast, Mini Nutz category run is 27 Km not 23Km. For your info.

19 hours ago, beast said:

Congratulations for getting bib #1 lol.

huh? signing up earlier is to commit myself early in hope to start training earlier.... but.... i havent start any training yet.... cham liao....

22 hours ago, beast said:

Around that period there are too many events.

15 Sep YR Run, 29 Sep ST Run,  5 Oct FON Trail or Real Run, 12 Oct CSC Run or Craze Ultra, 19 Oct SG Ultra. Some runners may just register for all the above events and run every consecutive weekends.

May be the new 27km mini Nuts can help attract those runners to sign on as it will be now less taxing?

4 hours ago, simonleng said:

huh? signing up earlier is to commit myself early in hope to start training earlier.... but.... i havent start any training yet.... cham liao....

Won't cham lah. You are already seasoned for so many years of craze ultra liao. When the time comes, you conditioned body will just auto mode go through the motion and finish the race.

14 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Hi Beast, Mini Nutz category run is 27 Km not 23Km. For your info.

Yes it is 27km. Thanks for the correction.

1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

Around that period there are too many events.

15 Sep YR Run, 29 Sep ST Run,  5 Oct FON Trail or Real Run, 12 Oct CSC Run or Craze Ultra, 19 Oct SG Ultra. Some runners may just register for all the above events and run every consecutive weekends.

May be the new 27km mini Nuts can help attract those runners to sign on as it will be now less taxing?

September is usually the hottest months for runs. October is only this year I think.

I remembered in the past many Septembers has a run on every weekend and still there are clashes. Still don't understand why organizers like to squeeze in September and we are having lull months like June and July when we have only 1 or even 0 runs for the entire month.

10 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Won't cham lah. You are already seasoned for so many years of craze ultra liao. When the time comes, you conditioned body will just auto mode go through the motion and finish the race.

i hope so too :)

Posted (edited)

For the benefit of those who might be keen Mini Nutz 27 Km route. All runners who completed their respective category will get finisher cap as well. Wow wow additional freebie. So what are we waiting for?

MINI NUT ROUTE.jpg

NUTZ CAP.jpg

Edited by SG RED DEVIL