Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Compressport Run 2019 - 6 July (Sat)

52891131_2127191880924260_71092468930366

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CompressportRunSG/

Categories:  5km/10km

[Comments]  Likely an evening run. No details on pricing at the moment but not likely to sign up anyway. There's a contest to win free ticket currently ongoing at the FB page. Those interested should check it out. You guys have 1 less person joining so your chance is already better! :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

If i do not remember wrong, this event was postponed & cancelled in 2017? 

Interested but will adopt wait & see till it is more concrete. 

Ever since I have this heel injury, I have stop 10k races. But I can run 21km and above. 😀

On 2/25/2019 at 2:33 PM, Ender said:

Ever since I have this heel injury, I have stop 10k races. But I can run 21km and above. 😀

Wouldn't an injury be aggravated by a longer race as opposed to a shorter race?

3 hours ago, warp9wb said:

Wouldn't an injury be aggravated by a longer race as opposed to a shorter race?

My heel injury abit weird.  Had it for more than a year. It  pains rather severe on the side of the heel when I run at tempo pace or faster initially. And if I run slower, the pain is low and bearable and will last for about 3 to 5km. Then after that I can run pain free for the rest of the distance which by then I can speed up my pace.  

Since I can't run fast for the first few km, that would mean I can't try out for PB at any 10km race.  But 21km is still ok, as the strategy don't require me to run tempo at the start or else I will burn out later. Starting slow works fine for my injury and strategy.

Edited by Ender

31 minutes ago, Ender said:

My heel injury abit weird.  Had it for more than a year. It  pains rather severe on the side of the heel when I run at tempo pace or faster initially. And if I run slower, the pain is low and bearable and will last for about 3 to 5km. Then after that I can run pain free for the rest of the distance which by then I can speed up my pace.  

Since I can't run fast for the first few km, that would mean I can't try out for PB at any 10km race.  But 21km is still ok, as the strategy don't require me to run tempo at the start or else I will burn out later. Starting slow works fine for my injury and strategy.

More than a year should see a doctor already.

I would actually stop running (and maybe cross train) for about a month to let it heal properly.