loderunner

Cross Island Ultramarathon 60km

Announcing the new Cross Island Ultramarathon 60km starting from Jurong West Stadium and ending at Changi Beach.

Total distance 60km. Run at your own pace. No checkpoints. No cutoff but aim for 10 hours.

Any interested joogers/runners?

cross.jpg

For personal achievement only. Just trying to gather a group to run together. Regardless of the response, I will still try this one fine Saturday morning. (7am to 5pm)

Instead of the proposed cross island ultra, I did the complete end-to-end route of the newly open Coast-to-Coast Trail from Chinese Garden to Coney Island, a total of 36km. It was a nice pavement jog, with plenty of eateries along (most famous is the Adam Road Food Centre). I took 6.5 hours (6am to 12.30pm) to complete with jog/walk/pit stop strategy. It is indeed a worthwhile run. Highly recommended.

Proposed in February and completed in August, I finally completed my Singapore cross-island run on18 Aug. Started at Discovery Centre (9.30pm)  and ended at Changi Beach (6am), I had a nice time jogging through Jurong West-> Jurong East->Bukit Batok->Bukit Timah->Farrer Road->Bukit Brown Cemetery->MacRitchie->Bradell Road->Bartley Road East->Kaki Bukit'->Bedok Reservoir Road->Tampines AVe1,2,7->Loyang->Changi Point. Had drinks at vending machines along the way and avoided barking dogs at Kaki Bukit. It was quiet most of the time except for the midnite construction along Bartley Road East. Rewarded myself with nice food and drink at Changi Village Hawker Centre. Took bus+MRT home after the sleepless jog from west to east of the island.  Total distance= 44.7km on my GPS watch.

If you are interested, please join me as I may do a re-run after the standChart (i.e. before we close off the Bicentennial celebration).

Cross.jpg

I did a similar run back in April. Took the mrt to Tunas Link at midnight and ran to Changi Beach Park. Total distance was around 53 km. 

One advice I have for anyone attempting to run in Tunas at night is  be aware of stray dogs! I got chased by one. Luckily it backed off after I got far enough.

Just curious, what did you use for navigation? I used the breadcrumb feature on my Garmin. It worked fine until a road is closed off, then I had to pull out my phone and check the map. 

Screenshot_20190902-082835__01.jpg

Edited by posfe2

Fantastic! posfe2

This is my dream route to start from Tuas Checkpoint. I only used my cheapo GPS watch but I navigate mentally as I remember all the roads. I also avoided some barking dogs at Kaki Bukit (again construction sites). In total, I took 7hr45min (delay at traffic junction + drink stops at vending machines along the way). My net jogging time is 5hr 51min.

Yes, next time I should try starting from Tuas Link MRT to make a complete West-to-East run.

Good luck!

My next goal is around the island run (~100km). But that will be a few more years in the future, don't have the time now sadly.