lonewolf

Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2019 - 15 Sep (Sun)

30 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

I went for the 5km fun walk. Took a bus to Pasir Ris Interchange and ran from there to the starting point. When I reached the Loyang Ave/ Loyang Way junction after the Loyang Temple at around 6:45am, the traffic was already badly jam up. Many runners could be seen decided to alight at their nearest bus stop and walked. Many 10km runners did not anticipate the traffic and were late. Quite a number were so late that they had to start their run together with the 5km participants. As a result, I rewarded myself by following them into the 10km route. 🤣

Had to say, the morning haze helped. Not too high to warrant a cancellation of the run, but enough to bring the temperature down and block off the sun. 

Lol, I took the paid shuttle bus. Anyway will not have next time for me for this event 

Edited by stalky79

Actually those of us who had taken part before will know the traffic leading up will be jam. If you want to be on time for the 10 km flag off, you probably got to take the 1st shuttle bus, in this case at Expo would be 6 am. However I know it is difficult to arrive at this time as public service on sundays usually starts later. This is why I opted to alight at Loyang Temple and ran up. For me, the clocking of time is not really important. Just get to enjoy running most of the routes and get inside Changi Prison Complex is more important.

On 9/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, beast said:

Was a little disappointed at this miscommunication. If they had wanted to use the PM 2.5 index instead then they should not have mentioned about following the PSI index in the first place. I was following the PSI index up till 2am and decide not to go when I saw that the index is in the unhealthy zone since 11pm.

But I guess I have nobody to blame since I never checked the latest update at 5am.

Still glad that the run proceed as scheduled and the 10km runners get to enjoy their run eventually.

can collect your medal....

For those who had missed the run, you may still collect your finisher medal here.

Please bring along your running bib for verification.

23rd September 2019 - 30th September 2019

11am to 5pm (avoid 1pm to 2pm)

[CLOSED ON WEEKENDS]

Venue: 10 Admiralty Street NorthLink Building #06-12 Singapore 757695

(Directions by Car / Directions by Public Transport)

Kindly note that there WILL NOT be any collection of shirts or race packs.

My friend who took part in the 5 km walk got tapped on his shoulder by the President's security agents to make way for her walk. LOL.

I think this year is the first attendance by a president? Past years were usually attended by the Law Ministry or Home Affairs.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, prisangel said:

“Perhaps we can increase the reach to the masses who are actually running in this race. A lot of runners these days do not just want to do 5km and 10km. Maybe they want to challenge themselves with longer distances. The integration of ex-offenders is all about challenges, so a longer route may be in the cards for future editions.”

Wow so the organizers have plans to have a longer distance category in future. 

1 hour ago, wonderfulblevic said:

“Perhaps we can increase the reach to the masses who are actually running in this race. A lot of runners these days do not just want to do 5km and 10km. Maybe they want to challenge themselves with longer distances. The integration of ex-offenders is all about challenges, so a longer route may be in the cards for future editions.”

Yep, they might :)

On 9/15/2019 at 7:21 AM, stalky79 said:

crap.. my first and last yellow ribbon run...

OMG, @stalky79bro, I'm feeling sad to know that you didn't have a good experience with this race, I even have a sense of guilty, because I'm one of the people who urged you to sign this up in last year, on another race thread, sorry about that... 😥

9 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

OMG, @stalky79bro, I'm feeling sad to know that you didn't have a good experience with this race, I even have a sense of guilty, because I'm one of the people who urged you to sign this up in last year, on another race thread, sorry about that... 😥

it's ok bro not your problem not worry. I smelled the bad vibes from the secretary in the forum. only spam and promote but race day don't care. give promo don't care.

anyway, never join again

22 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

In the meanwhile, there was plenty of drama for this year's race which many probably miss. Or dun care anyway. :crazysmile:

of course don't care. ELM medal more important than killing people :) :) 

21 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Not your fault what... lol

2 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Not your fault what... lol

Honestly the hilly route is one of YRR's attractive factors for me, challenging but interesting... Or maybe I prefer something new... "be fond of new tired of old"... 🤩🤩

On 9/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

Maybe they should look into solving the challenge of the congested traffic into the start point first........