lonewolf

Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2019 - 15 Sep (Sun)

On 4/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, stalky79 said:

Haha, still struggling ... POSB or this... 

Come on bro, if you want, we can run on the flat road at Marina area even for every day, but we can only enter the Changi Prison once a year?... And most importantly, we still remember that in last year after "that race" (sorry for avoiding mentioning its name) you made a commitment on the Yellow Ribbon theme ??..... So... What are you hesitant about now? ????............ 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, bookie said:

SECRETARY, ANY DISCOUNT OR FREEBIE FOR SGRUNNERS FORUMS LOVERS PLEASE 

Hi bookie,

Our most sincere apologies as currently, we do not have any promo codes or discounts for forum readers. However, do watch out for updates on the run on Yellow Ribbon FB and IG page! 

Some of you are right to say this is the only time we can run within prison compound. It is unique. The only disadvantage is the traffic jam leading to the start point which cause me to be late for the 10 km run if I take public transport. This year, may just Grab there at an earlier time. 

19 hours ago, starfinder said:

Some of you are right to say this is the only time we can run within prison compound. It is unique. The only disadvantage is the traffic jam leading to the start point which cause me to be late for the 10 km run if I take public transport. This year, may just Grab there at an earlier time.

in 2017 I took a cab to the venue, I was able to stop at the same block; but last year I took a cab and I could only stop 2 blocks away from the venue.

3 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

in 2017 I took a cab to the venue, I was able to stop at the same block; but last year I took a cab and I could only stop 2 blocks away from the venue.

Yup, think they directed vehicles left into Cramwell Road. Unless the cab continues along Netheravon Road and alight near Sree Rama Temple. From there walk to the SAF field is much nearer. Think these roads were not closed.

Think the only way is to arrive much early via Grab/taxi. Perhaps 2 hrs before flag off. It is also not that feasible to drive there as start and end locations are different. 

28 minutes ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Buying a bus ticket would resolve of not being late for the event.

But the bus service is not like other major races. It doesn’t start at housing estates. Every year I have to take Grab or taxi yo Expo for the bus. Very expensive. That’s the only thing I don’t like about this race. 

Yes. Agree that the shuttle service for this race does not cover all housing estates.

This was the pick-up points for 2018.

YRPR-2018-Shuttle.jpg.5469c33a3222c2014d79deb4d1fd2601.jpg

So like Hougang and Punggol are not covered. Neither is AMK or Toa Payoh. In this case, I guess the best solution would be to buy the ticket nearest to where you stay and Grab/cab to the pick up point. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

Yes. Agree that the shuttle service for this race does not cover all housing estates.

This was the pick-up points for 2018.

YRPR-2018-Shuttle.jpg.5469c33a3222c2014d79deb4d1fd2601.jpg

So like Hougang and Punggol are not covered. Neither is AMK or Toa Payoh. In this case, I guess the best solution would be to buy the ticket nearest to where you stay and Grab/cab to the pick up point. 

Yes, i stay at one of these locations.

5 hours ago, yaoxing said:

Anyone knows what's the registration fee for the 10km this year?

Mai gan cheong leh. Registration not started yet. They will release during registration.

Last year was $45 for early bird so safe to assume that it will be $45-50 this year.

SECRETARY GIVE DISCOUNT PLEASE. IF NO OFFER, I THINK NOT POLITE TO COME HERE AND SPAM US WITH ADVERTISMENT. GOOD IF CAN GIVE BACK TO OUR LOVED COMMUNITY OF SGRUNNERS. THANK YOU 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bookie said:

SECRETARY GIVE DISCOUNT PLEASE. IF NO OFFER, I THINK NOT POLITE TO COME HERE AND SPAM US WITH ADVERTISMENT. GOOD IF CAN GIVE BACK TO OUR LOVED COMMUNITY OF SGRUNNERS. THANK YOU 

wat talking u, kindly explain.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, bookie said:

Please stop with your spamming. 

On 5/11/2019 at 8:16 PM, bookie said:

Please STOP your nonsense postings.?

"Who is the beneficiary for the Run?

The beneficiary for the Run is the Yellow Ribbon Fund (YRF), which is in line with helping inmates and ex-offenders."

https://www.yellowribbonprisonrun.sg/faq

It's the moment you've been waiting for! 

Early bird registration is out from now till 30th June. 

This year, we introduce the social rebate referral where you can be entitled to rebates by sharing your referral link with at least 5 friends after registration! 

Encourage your family and friends to register at www.yellowribbonprisonrun.sg now! 

IMG-20190524-WA0005.jpg

20190525_002823.jpg

Edited by Yellow Ribbon Secretariat

7 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Done! Going for my first prison run

Awesome! Your/our dream will come true.

• Like 1