Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

The Performance Series 2019 - 5 May, 18 Aug, 10 Nov - 21KM/10KM/5KM - 3 Road Races + 2 Virtual Challenges

"TPS returns to West Singapore in August 2019

We are happy to announce that the venue of Garmin TPS Race #2 will be WEST COAST PARK..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

"TPS returns to West Singapore in August 2019

We are happy to announce that the venue of Garmin TPS Race #2 will be WEST COAST PARK..."

Consider to join this run as I have never run at West Coast park .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mover said:

Consider to join this run as I have never run at West Coast park .

I agree. West Coast Park is a nice place for a run if it's not your usual stomping ground of cos. 

However, the path is your typical park width so it's narrow and will be a nightmare for the faster runners. In fact, I think it's even narrower than most park so I'm not sure if its a good place for a big scale race. I ran in a neighbourhood race that has a smaller turnout and it was really quite bad. So can't imagine what TPS having a race there will be like. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

I agree. West Coast Park is a nice place for a run if it's not your usual stomping ground of cos. 

However, the path is your typical park width so it's narrow and will be a nightmare for the faster runners. In fact, I think it's even narrower than most park so I'm not sure if its a good place for a big scale race. I ran in a neighbourhood race that has a smaller turnout and it was really quite bad. So can't imagine what TPS having a race there will be like. 

I think they expecting a small turnout . I registered for the 1st race , from the RPC , don’t look like a lot of registration . The high price must had scare people away. 

Posted (edited)

Their 10k in west coast need do 2 loops?

Edited by yh90

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I personally think TPS should be applauded for organizing events away from the usual routes (eg: ECP or Marina Barrage) as it introduces some freshness for participants. Some logistical challenges has to be expected at these unusual locations, otherwise there would be more events held there.

Wah. So fast results out liao >> http://bit.ly/2PRVm6U

Must be from the fallout from 2XU Compression Run hoo-ha.

Now race organiser quickly released race results. Scare kenna bad publicity. :crazysmile:

Then again, with current technology, this should be the norm right. Not like someone need to manually tabulate the result or something. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Now race organiser quickly released race results. Scare kenna bad publicity. :crazysmile:

Then again, with current technology, this should be the norm right. Not like someone need to manually tabulate the result or something. 

OK DELETED

Edited by bookie

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

This is normal/expected for TPS. Even since 2017 TPS released the results and the eCert very quickly, before noon.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lonewolf said:

The number bib got a QR code for you to scan and directly go into their result web site . You basically can get the result after you cross the finish line.This shall be the way . I still cannot understand why other event need at least 3 or 4 days to publish the result . 

Edited by mover

11 hours ago, mover said:

The number bib got a QR code for you to scan and directly go into their result web site . You basically can get the result after you cross the finish line.This shall be the way . I still cannot understand why other event need at least 3 or 4 days to publish the result . 

Maybe payment related issues... lol

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mover said:

It's 2019 already, the next year will be 2020, not 2002... technically this is not difficult any more, our human can make tons of features come true...???

Edited by ZZIZZ

5 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Maybe payment related issues... lol

Don't be surprised if they really are.

Maybe the organizers make a down payment for the service to take place, then after the event has happened, they make the rest of the payment for the results to be published. Since it takes a few days for administrations and banks to action upon the payment, the results are then released only after a few days.

Pure speculation on my side though.

2 hours ago, beast said:

Don't be surprised if they really are.

Maybe the organizers make a down payment for the service to take place, then after the event has happened, they make the rest of the payment for the results to be published. Since it takes a few days for administrations and banks to action upon the payment, the results are then released only after a few days.

Pure speculation on my side though.

No money no talk , no, it no money no result.  

Event pics now available at running shots on FB.

PS: the medal of this race is ELM...?

Has this thread gone dead?

A quick update to get this thread going. Running routes for the second race at West Coast Park has been released! 😀

TPSRR2-10KM-2-1024x725.jpgTPSRR2-5KM-1024x725.jpg

No information on transport arrangements from the organizers. Hopefully, the information is released today because we are now less than a week from the event.

Edited by best_wl

On 8/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, best_wl said:

A quick update to get this thread going. Running routes for the second race at West Coast Park has been released! 😀

hi Bro, thank you very much for the update.

I even missed the REPC on last weekend....😤

Ok, I have checked with the organizers and there will be no transport arrangement to West Coast for this run. All runners would have to make their way to the venue themselves.