Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

The Performance Series 2019 - 5 May, 18 Aug, 10 Nov - 21KM/10KM/5KM - 3 Road Races + 2 Virtual Challenges

TPS2019_Banner.png

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThePerformanceSeriesSG

TPS2019_Banner2.png

Categories & Fees:

* Discounts off Normal Rate is applied to the total registration check-out amount as follow:
✓ Early-bird discount: 5% OFF registration fees for any order up to S$149 placed before 31 January 2019
✓ 6% OFF registration fees for orders between S$150 and S$199
✓ 7% OFF registration fees for orders of $200 and above
✓ Discounts will automatically be applied on the total registration check-out amount as you add more runs in your bundle

TPS-Categories-Fees.png

Runner's Entitlement:

TPS2019_SeriesMedals.png

TPS2019_SeriesSinglets.png

TPS2019_SeriesFinisher.png

TPS2019_SeriesOtherEntitlements.png

Edited by ZZIZZ

- 21KM category comes back;

- ELM medal;

- Race venue and routes haven't been released yet;

- around 220SGD for 5 races + medal + finisher tee (after discount).

Wow.. even early bird price (before discount) is more expensive than 2XU Compression Run. Also more expensive (by 55c) than SCSM Early Bird. :startle:

Is it worth it? Let's crunch the numbers.

If you signed up for all 3x21K + 2x Virutal Races by 31 Jan, you pay [(3x65.55)+(2x14.25)]x7% discount = $209.38

If you signed up for all 3x21K, you pay (3x65.55)x6% discount = $184.85 or $61.61 per race.

I think that is barely acceptable especially since its confirmed ELM medal race. Can consider. :crazysmile:

And given the track record for this series, I think it's quite a safe commitment. 

Road Race #1 will clash with CompressSport Forest Force 50 and potentially b2b for the yet-to-be-announced Star Wars Run 2019.

Very interesting. Not sure who was handling the race logistics this year but for 2019 it will be Esprimo. The Star Wars Run for the last 2 years was also organised by Esprimo. So looks like Esprimo will have to do a 'Pink Apple' by organising a b2b evening-morning races if Star Wars Run 2019 is still a go. :o

Edited by lonewolf

Anyone notice that for Race 2, there's no 21K but there's a finisher tee.

Someone on FB tried to register for Race 2 and confirmed no option for 21K. Strange. :iiam:

48419894_10210007845031951_7825516926838

I have a small question...

If you look carefully at the ELM 5-in-1 medals pic, you can see only the upper two medals got 'ear' for lanyard, the lower 3 ones don't have....how to hang them on the wall?  :)

On 12/26/2018 at 8:03 PM, lonewolf said:

Anyone notice that for Race 2, there's no 21K but there's a finisher tee.

Someone on FB tried to register for Race 2 and confirmed no option for 21K. Strange. :iiam:

- Yea, for the 3 road races, 21KM category only in Race 1 and Race 3, no 21KM on Race 2.

- For the Finisher Tee, 21KM category in Race 1 and Race 3 have it by default. However, it's "Optional" in Race 2 for 10KM competitive category, you have to pay extra SGD10 for it.

1 hour ago, Haibei1971 said:

If you look carefully at the ELM 5-in-1 medals pic, you can see only the upper two medals got 'ear' for lanyard, the lower 3 ones don't have....how to hang them on the wall?  :)

The upper two are for the virtual runs, and lower 3 are for road races. To be honest, I don't have answer to your questions for now. ?

54 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

- Yea, for the 3 road races, 21KM category only in Race 1 and Race 3, no 21KM on Race 2.

- For the Finisher Tee, 21KM category in Race 1 and Race 3 have it by default. However, it's "Optional" in Race 2 for 10KM competitive category, you have to pay extra SGD10 for it.

OK. I get what you mean now. I just realised that so-called 'finisher tee' is generic. So it's not a 21K finisher tee which is kind of an oxymoron if you ask me. 

That reminds me that the medals are probably also generic with only the lanyard differentiating the distance. Generic medals are kind of a let-down but it's probably one way in which they can keep the cost of the ELM medals down.

So if you are not keen to sign up for the virtual race and the 10K and just ran the 2x21K, then you will need to pay [($65.55x2)]x5% discount = $124.55 or $62.27 per race.

I was quite interested initially but given the above, I think I will give it a skip. 

1 hour ago, Haibei1971 said:

Anyway it's just an illustration now so the final product may be different. 

No route yet, nevermind. But at least the location of the two 21km. Would like it to be different from the usual garden by bay or F1 . 

8 hours ago, Ender said:

No route yet, nevermind. But at least the location of the two 21km. Would like it to be different from the usual garden by bay or F1 . 

Frankly, when it comes to races in Singapore (especially for 21K), there's no way you can get away from the classic locations around Maina ie. Barrage, F1, The Float, GBTB (East/West), The Promontory. Or ECP.

So really wouldn't be too surprised if the usual suspect ends up being the venue for the races. For Race 2, probably Sentosa that's probably why there is no 21K.

I did write to them for an indication of the venues but they said the venues are subject to approval and they are unable to furnish the info right now. I guess they do not want to reveal the venues before getting approval.

Can't be help. To enjoy the early bird rate, you do need to make a leap of faith. At least TPS is no Runner's League and at least they have a good record so it may be worth that leap of faith. 

8 hours ago, Ender said:

Yeah, agreed. Hopefully the venue/route can be arranged at non-usual places, and give people some more freshness...

8 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

in Sentosa or even the Zoo

- Running in Sentosa is challenging, a lot of uphills and downhills, and the road is relatively narrow. I had experience with ASICS Relay 2018.

- I didn't sign up Safari Zoo Run this year, as I registered Marina run at 30KM. So hopefully we could run at Zoo with TPS... ??

2 hours ago, Haibei1971 said:

Race1 location is revealed in their website. It’s in Punggol SAFRA.

highly likely the 21km route is same as 2017 Race2 

Thanks for sharing the good news, no need to get up early. But not a fresh venue which I'm looking forward to...

On 12/30/2018 at 2:35 PM, AutumnRunner said:

My thoughts as well that Race 2 might be in Sentosa or even the Zoo where it is difficult to crush out a 21km race... 

Chances of it happening at the zoo is almost zero. Too much work just to get the approvals since it is a popular tourist attraction. Furthermore 1 loop around the zoo is 6km, which is why Safari Zoo run is 12km (2 loops) and not 10km.

Still waiting for race 2 location to be announced...will sign up if it’s at Sentosa 

Edited by stalky79

4 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Still waiting for race 2 location to be announced...will sign up if it’s at Sentosa

The road at Sentosa would be challenging... based on my experience of ASICS relay 2018... ?

Posted (edited)

Wanted to share an observation that could indicate the possible locations of race 2 and 3.

On sportstats, it is listed that the race on 18th Aug 2019 is at Bedok Reservoir, while the race on 10th Nov 2019 is at East Coast Park.

https://www.sportstats.asia/events.xhtml?eventname=singapore

Location of race 2 makes sense given that it would be hard to have a HM route at bedok reservoir.

Do note that this info is not definitive until the locations are officially announced, because it could also be a copy paste of location info from last year.

Edited by warp9wb

Thank you for sharing the hints. I would mentally prepare for it. ?

More details of Race_1 released, including race routes:

Venue: Event Lawn beside SAFRA Punggol
Address: Near 9 Sentul Crescent, Singapore 828654
Directions: Getting there
Date: 5 May 2019
Categories: Individual Competitive (21 km, 10 km), Individual Exploratory Non-Competitive (10 km, 5 km)

Flag-off Times:
21km Competitive: 6.45am*
10km Competitive: 7.30am*
10km Exploratory (Non-Competitive): 7.35am*
5km Exploratory (Non-Competitive): 8.15am*

* Subject to change

GarminTPSRR1-21KM-1024x725.jpg

GarminTPSRR1-10KM-1024x725.jpg

GarminTPSRR1-5KM-1024x725.jpg