Sign in to follow this  
beast

Wearing the correct socks to prevent blisters

Hi guys,

What are the running socks that you are currently using, and to what extend did they help to prevent blisters?

Have tried Injinji and 1000 miles, not working for me.

Thanks!

Am with bro @kohpapa

The other thing I used to do was tape. But then I discovered running in sandals and I no longer get blisters :) except in cold weather when I have to revert back to shoes, then it is 5 fingers plus tape

uncle agrees dear @Lady Ice...only when weather is cold...fivefinger socks with sandals...otherwise here...no need lah.. people thought seow uncle kena leg injury wrap and tape still can run...escape from IMH...buangkok..hougang...YCK...angmo kio...upper thomson - marsiling - woodlands - causeway...run road 

2lbm9mt.jpg

no blisters...no black toes...wet or dry no difference...dirty just go wash drain or canal...and trail running...muddy, go river wash...they say reservoir  also can but don't drop into it...at seletar they say one old croc with one cross eye from mandai zoo still lived there...

dirt..is organic of the earth...so let legs can breath with nature...enjoy...

soory...bro beast sibo your forum thread with both @lady Ice and I talking out of the topic...supposed to be injuries...

but, barefoot running fivefingers or sandals (minimalist wear) must prepare for also injury...

qp54d3.gif

so perhaps, blisters can heal maybe in the natural environment..better with no socks and shoes that are tight fitting...

hope your blisters can be cured by the letting the legs breathe naturally...

Edited by kohpapa

It's the minus cold type - must wear shoes. I suffer from Raynauds on the feet then suffer for a long time until somehow heat enters the foot

BLISTERS (Extracted from the source for the purpose of sharing with the sgRunners community on the concern of....)

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/blisters-and-other-party-feet-woes-11042800

eqnhc6.jpg

Pressure control is about buying shoes that fit you – that is, not too narrow or short for your feet. “If, upon trying the shoes, signs of irritation are already present, they are likely to persist,” said Kuah Bao Peng, senior podiatrist with Changi General Hospital.

Before heading out, apply a body lotion, foot balm or even good ol’ petroleum jelly onto potential hot spots on your feet to minimise friction. 

If your feet tend to perspire a lot, wearing moisture-wicking socks is a good way to soak up the moisture. Fun socks made of polyester (don’t choose cotton) can also jazz up your outfit and provide a protective barrier for your feet, said Kuah.

UH-OH: You feel a hot spot threatening to turn into a full-blown blister. Even if you don’t, check your feet regularly, said Kuah, especially when wearing new footwear, to monitor for signs of rubbing and irritation. If you spot them, adjust your socks or shoes to shift the pressure. Carry some baby powder and sprinkle it onto your feet if they feel damp. It’s also the time to whip out your plasters.

But if it’s too late and blisters have already popped up, here’s what Dr Lee Shan Xian, consultant dermatologist from Changi General Hospital advised: “Small blisters should be left intact, and plasters can be applied over them to help compress and disperse the fluid.”

Blisters can take up to two weeks to heal and during this time, keep a bandage on them, said Dr Lee. Naturally, don't wear the same shoes that caused the blisters in the first place until they have healed.

Enjooy with recovery from blisters and the socks need to prevent blisters...;)

Edited by kohpapa