AhXiong

Plantar Faciitis Advise

I was hit by plantar faciitis on both foot.  My left foot was more than a year, while my left foot was more than 3 months.  I have tried to methods such as regular foot massage (with tennis balls), stretching etc.  Unfortunately it improve but after awhile the pain is still there.  Recently I read about plantar faciitis operation.  Have anyone go through this and what's your advise?

Thanks!

Ah Xiong, long time no see...

uncle used a pseudo name 5-o)

10753jp.jpg

these two are "twins" in your situation...due to age..and one thing uncle did over the years is use "barefoot" running technique...run light, like as though lifting of legs...to "strengthen" and stretch........run strongly... 

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Ah Xiong, long time no see...

uncle used a pseudo name 5-o)

10753jp.jpg

these two are "twins" in your situation...due to age..and one thing uncle did over the years is use "barefoot" running technique...run light, like as though lifting of legs...to "strengthen" and stretch........run strongly... 

Thanks uncle!

AhXiong,

you in malaysia still?

some more for you...

2uoi72w.jpg

21jztz6.jpg

riya7r.jpg

you still run up and down hilly, and kena rock on you feet?

Edited by kohpapa

10 hours ago, kohpapa said:

AhXiong,

you in malaysia still?

some more for you...

2uoi72w.jpg

21jztz6.jpg

riya7r.jpg

you still run up and down hilly, and kena rock on you feet?

Uncle, I'm in SG.  Very seldom running on hills.  The problem started when I use Hoka One One Clayton1 & 2.  Maybe the shoes is not suitable for me.

Hoka One One Clayton 1&2:

117xr43.jpg

ok, midsole sucked the energy out of every stride...

meaning your "rubber" at the sole of your leg must have overstretched..pain pain..now become "loosen" rubber band...

Remedy:

and so to bring back to original is to stop "run"..and at night got to put on this

11ln8kn.jpg

Adopt this lifestyle as recommended by Meyo Clinic:

2qxnrpl.jpg

lastly, uncle has converted to barefoot running with...chi-running...

avivpx.gif

and pose-running 

24eqqdu.jpg

for expert on pose running, ask certified coach trailblazer

2i0g57a.jpg

AhXiong...it is going to be a long recovery, good luck....uncle being there before...at least a year...but, you may have to adopt a new running style during then...

for uncle runs marathons with this for last 4 years...no black toes...yes no shoes...rain or shine..no socks...barefoot running style with chi-running and pose running....

e5qzp1.jpg

after 3-4 years, we met again...glad to see you in this forum thread...

Edited by kohpapa

On 12/11/2018 at 11:20 AM, kohpapa said:

Hoka One One Clayton 1&2:

117xr43.jpg

ok, midsole sucked the energy out of every stride...

meaning your "rubber" at the sole of your leg must have overstretched..pain pain..now become "loosen" rubber band...

Remedy:

and so to bring back to original is to stop "run"..and at night got to put on this

11ln8kn.jpg

Adopt this lifestyle as recommended by Meyo Clinic:

2qxnrpl.jpg

lastly, uncle has converted to barefoot running with...chi-running...

avivpx.gif

and pose-running 

24eqqdu.jpg

for expert on pose running, ask certified coach trailblazer

2i0g57a.jpg

AhXiong...it is going to be a long recovery, good luck....uncle being there before...at least a year...but, you may have to adopt a new running style during then...

for uncle runs marathons with this for last 4 years...no black toes...yes no shoes...rain or shine..no socks...barefoot running style with chi-running and pose running....

e5qzp1.jpg

after 3-4 years, we met again...glad to see you in this forum thread...

Thanks uncle.  I'm very happy that you still remember me after so many years.  I'll follow your advise.  :)

PAINFUL FOOT ARCHES (Extracted from the source for the purpose of sharing with the sgRunners Community for the injury that has affected some who suffered...)

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/blisters-and-other-party-feet-woes-11042800

First, a biology lesson: That band connecting your heel to your forefoot is known as the plantar fascia. And in individuals with flat feet or tight calf muscles (which runners and consistent heel-wearers often have), it frequently gets tightened or inflamed.

“Keeping the calf muscles stretched and supple whilst doing regular plantar fascia stretching prevents the underlying tightness of the fascia. In flat-footed individuals, arch support orthotics is also useful,” said Dr Thevendran.

enjooy...happy recovery (it is going to be a long and painful journey, adopting a new running lifestyle also...), and you can make it like uncle... @ahxiong ;)

Edited by kohpapa

Sorry to borrow this thread, don't know if mine is Plantar Fasciitis. The pain is not at the bottom, but at the left/right side of the heel bone.  It's a lingering problem, but not severe enough to stop me running. But it gotten worst when I tried running in a Newton shoe two night ago, and now I can't even run.

FasciitisFasciitisFasciitisFasciitisFasciitis

I believe @Ender you may have this one.. and hope you can recover from this one

1238y3a.jpg

peroneal tendonitis...not plantar...

treatment of tendons is always long-term, unlike muscle...tissues of tendons must be bathed with bodily fluids (nutrients) for recovery and growth..

can still run, but taping still works when run...shared by one long time uncle's sgRunners bro @Jas007

2cz4myu.jpg

The demonstration shown for video KT Tape  Peroneal Tendonitis

Edited by kohpapa

Thanks @kohpapa for the KT tape video. According to the guy in video, the pain is on the outer sides od the heel bone. Mine is on both inner and outer sides. Nevertheless It ry this KT tape first the rest for a few days and see how. 

you are welcome, I remembered I must have once talked to you before...like Green Corridor Race or TB Trail Run...never mind...

just make sure to apply the KT taping technique...Iike the KT Taping consultant made a red mark on the source of pain..and important is first tape must be able to hold tightly just at your injury trigger point from base of heel, followed by the second tape to hold in place...

hope that you can re-look at your Newton Shoes...I am no longer a shoe person...and your run route...hilly or uneven..and since you are officially "injured" meaning there must be healing and recovery on the "Peroneal Tendonitis"...maybe "trigger point" message using tennis ball will do...to stimulate the "bad blood chi flow" like the demo on Plantar Fasciitis treatment with tennis ball roll...instead of base of leg...now side of the leg

had bad experiences with Tendonitis (normal wear and tear) and worst is Plantar Fasciitis (aging) because uncle wear shoes...less so with barefoot running...calf strengthening is why you run naturally, not rear-mid-front heel strike with cushioned shoes...for endurance run...and newtons shoes are not your "ordinary shoes"...actually

enjooy running...with faster healing and recovery treatment...;)

Edited by kohpapa