Sign in to follow this  
prisangel

OSIM Sundown Marathon - 1 June 2019

5 hours ago, K!m said:

HF is a new category ah? ??

Not really. HF = Half of Full, namely 1/2 of Full, namely... Sorry for being sophistic... @_@|| ?

Finally read this thread as researching events for 2019. 

I did the first few SDs and love the routes running past the airport perimeter, running into trails in the dark and fighting the horrible humidity causing me to sweat profusely within 1 minute of Start despite there being no sunshine. 

I gave up few years back as my motivation wasnt strong enough to overcome the night Zzzzz and fighting humidity and early cramps.

Now 2019, with only 1 event registered so far, am looking at SD 2019 ?

HAHAHA HERE HERE for FRIENDS!

10% OFF OSIM Sundown Marathon 2019

Any category - Valid until 31 March 23:59pm

se promo code WEJUSTRUN until 31 March 23:59pm to get your tickets for OSIM Sundown Marathon 2019, Asia's largest night race, at a 10% Discount. This is applicable to all race categories!

The code is only valid for purchases via JustRunLah! ticketing platform, herehttps://connect.justrunlah.com

image.png.7b258d3dd2007991b8981990a9a27361.png

OK?

10% Discount Code for OSIM Sundown Marathon 2019: All Categories

PROMO CODE: WEJUSTRUN

Active

We are happy to give our readers a special offer! Use promo code WEJUSTRUN until 31 March 23:59pm to get your tickets for OSIM Sundown Marathon 2019, Asia’s largest night race, at a 10% Discount. The offer is applicable to all race categories!

10off-sundown-300x169.png

The code is only valid for purchases via JustRunLah! ticketing platform, here

OK? THANKS

Posted (edited)

The flag off timings are out for a few days already. Surprised nobody post this.

Flag-Off Times

Category Flag-Off Time Cut-Off Time
5KM Fun Run 8.00PM 9.30PM
10KM Challenge 9.30PM 12.00AM
21.1KM Half Marathon 11.00PM 3.30AM
42.195KM Full Marathon 11.00PM 7.00AM

This year everyone is expected to complete the run before sunrise, more in line with the theme of sundown. So no more waiting till past 12 midnight, everybody can finish and go home earlier.
Edited by beast

On 4/28/2019 at 1:54 PM, beast said:

The flag off timings are out for a few days already. Surprised nobody post this.

Flag-Off Times

This year everyone is expected to complete the run before sunrise, more in line with the theme of sundown. So no more waiting till past 12 midnight, everybody can finish and go home earlier.

Thanks Beast for posting the times. I wasn't aware they are published already.

Flag-Off Times

Thanks for the info...

run finish HM can go back sleep... 

wahaha

I dun understand why they love to put Half marathon at 11pm, the buck of the runners will finish like 2-3hrs, then end up its like 1-2am, no more MRT, end up must take taxi. This will burn a hole in the pocket again. 

Taxi not cheap with mid-night charge. They can consider putting it like 8pm so the crowd can take public transport home and also not jamming up the Full marathon runners.

1 hour ago, AdiZero said:

I dun understand why they love to put Half marathon at 11pm, the buck of the runners will finish like 2-3hrs, then end up its like 1-2am, no more MRT, end up must take taxi. This will burn a hole in the pocket again. 

Last year I booked a shuttle bus, I finished HM at around 2AM, then took shuttle bus at 3:30AM. Having said that, it's still a bit early for some of HM runners. Hopefully it can be improved this year...

I wonder will they ever issue a finisher shirt for HM.  I feel the price of OSIM HM is expensive considering the runners got just the medal and event tee.

Expected to complete the HM at around 0130AM.... maybe I should find one of those pod hostel around kampong glam. 

Nah, don't think they will ever issue finisher shirt for HM as long they still have the full marathon. Feels bit funny to have second tier finisher shirt. 

Flag-Off Times

partly why i opt for the 8pm start time
at least still can go to venue & return hm via public transport

WHY they amend the start times? Now start later:

Extracted from their Facebook post

Only 3 weeks to go before Race Day!
We’ve updated the Flag-Off Timings for all race categories! Do take note of the respective Flag-Off Timings and head to the start pen early ?

Flag-Off Timings
? 42.195km Full Marathon – 11.30pm
? 21.1km Half Marathon – 11.30pm
? 10km & 10km Team of 4 Challenge - 10.00pm
? 5km Fun Run – 8.00pm

12 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Extracted from their Facebook post

Only 3 weeks to go before Race Day!
We’ve updated the Flag-Off Timings for all race categories! Do take note of the respective Flag-Off Timings and head to the start pen early ?

Flag-Off Timings
? 42.195km Full Marathon – 11.30pm
? 21.1km Half Marathon – 11.30pm
? 10km & 10km Team of 4 Challenge - 10.00pm
? 5km Fun Run – 8.00pm

Earlier?

45 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

Earlier?

Seems only 5 km timing remains the same. The rest extend another half hour.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, kcslchin said:

The later it is, the more beautiful night will be... ???

Edited by ZZIZZ

On 4/30/2019 at 11:23 PM, starfinder said:

I wonder will they ever issue a finisher shirt for HM.  I feel the price of OSIM HM is expensive considering the runners got just the medal and event tee.

Yes sir, how time flies... "Are you ready to fly"?

6 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Yes sir, how time flies... "Are you ready to fly"?

I dun like running a HM without finisher shirt. LOL.  Also, my usual finish time is ard 2.30 hr, which means it is a weird timing to get home at ard 3 am. Opt to do the 10 k instead. Run finish still got enough time to take public transport home.

Next yr will try the FM. Completion time just nice to take breakfast.

7 hours ago, starfinder said:

I dun like running a HM without finisher shirt. LOL.  Also, my usual finish time is ard 2.30 hr, which means it is a weird timing to get home at ard 3 am. Opt to do the 10 k instead. Run finish still got enough time to take public transport home.

Next yr will try the FM. Completion time just nice to take breakfast.

1. I also would like to have a finisher tee for HM, 'cause I did never run a FM, always HM, so I tried Income Eco run, TPS and 2xu.

2. Totally agreed with you that it's a weird timing to get home at 3AM, 'cause we have similar pace. So how? this year I registered Pinnacle@Duxton Vertical Challenge, in the morning of Sunday/2nd June at 7AM, which means after completing sundown HM, I will go back to office (close to f1 building) and take a power nap, get up in the morning and conquer Singapore's highest HDB, then go home...

3. I don't believe that I could complete FM by running all the way, so it's not in my plan for the time being.

4. Other than these, I just completed training run this evening, around one hundred participants joined, a well-organized run with good weather. 

5. When we ran at Kallang Riverside Park this evening, a lady pedestrian saw our troop (a lot of people wearing sundown running singlet), then she stopped and anxiously ??asked me in amazement: "excuse me, is Sundown happening in today??!!". I replied: no madam, it will be happening in two weeks time, you didn't miss it, no worries......?????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

2. Totally agreed with you that it's a weird timing to get home at 3AM, 'cause we have similar pace. So how? this year I registered Pinnacle@Duxton Vertical Challenge, in the morning of Sunday/2nd June at 7AM, which means after completing sundown HM, I will go back to office (close to f1 building) and take a power nap, get up in the morning and conquer Singapore's highest HDB, then go home...

I did something crazy like you last year. After finishing my Straits Time 18.45 KM event, went immediately to another place to do a Vertical Challenge of 78 floors. Regretted immediately 'cos my legs turned jelly & struggling all the way.

All the best to you.

4 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

1. I also would like to have a finisher tee for HM, 'cause I did never run a FM, always HM, so I tried Income Eco run, TPS and 2xu.

Bro, agree that it is a big jump from HM to FM, unlike from 10K to HM. I have never thought of running a FM as my main objective in running is to keep fit for other sports. But ever since Uncle Chan passed away, I was thinking if we are regular runners, then maybe we should attempt FM at least once. If he can complete 101 FM before he passed away, surely I can do 1 FM?

As for the Duxton challenge, I am giving it a miss as there is no finisher medal (LOL) and I just did the Swissotel Vertical Marathon last nov. No offence to the vertical runners here but I think it is expensive climbing staircase for a view at the top, where it was totally dependent on weather condition. And I was one of those that got diverted to the 69th storey even though the rain had stopped. Chey!

Posted (edited)

WHAT YOU SAYING BOY. DUxTON HAS FINISHER MEDAL 

BUT IT IS NOT ELM SO BE CAREFUl

S$27 for T-SHIRT & MEDAL & BIB SURE EXPENSIVE?

ENJOY FRIEND ;)

pinnacle-medal.jpg

Edited by bookie