Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
prisangel

OSIM Sundown Marathon - 1 June 2019

Recommended Posts

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, kohpapa said:

don't make "too much financial loss" is a term for what if expected thousands didn't register as expected...yes, Sundown did had a substantial loss on that one...financially...

OhMyGod, where got  "too much financial loss"

@kohpapa, again & again, u r  'in the wrong direction'. Yes, runner never give up :P

Sundown 2017 target 30 000 runners. Ideally, if 30 000 runners, will make Profit Y.  27 000 runners register,  making about 90%profit Y.  Is this profit or "too much financial loss" ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMdear...if I have upset you, soory loh...bro..

so you got signup bro for loyalty runner promotion yesterday boh...got free water bottle for first 50 daily...since you so upset about supporting Sundown...sounded you very loyal...I belong to the wait-and-see...because I got lobang for free slot...heehee..because I also will support Sundown (F4U)...like their China roadmap...and got proxy to more to come...first city in China will be...S...must have the financial means to market franchise overseas...

for good cheers for 2018...let us looking forward to 2019 for a great running expereince...

Edited by kohpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their official website was updated today, but I'm having difficulty to find the "Registration" button on the page..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Their official website was updated today, but I'm having difficulty to find the "Registration" button on the page..........

Their FB says "stay tuned to our Facebook page to find out when you will be able to register online!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, kohpapa said:

so you got signup bro for loyalty runner promotion yesterday boh...got free water bottle for first 50 daily...since you so upset about supporting Sundown...sounded you very loyal...I belong to the wait-and-see...because I got lobang for free slot...heehee..because I also will support Sundown (F4U)...like their China roadmap...and got proxy to more to come...first city in China will be...S...must have the financial means to market franchise overseas...

OhMyGod, where got i "so upset about supporting Sundown" ?

@kohpapa, is because u anyhow say sundown make "too much financial loss". I had explain that is not the situation. R u saying yourself upset sundown make profit ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of doing Gold Coast full marathon next year... most probably going to give this a miss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Konnichiwa said:

Not going to join Sundown because of the starting timing... look for other HM in June to join.

Jun is usually a quiet month. It's unlikely there will be another HM in Jun unless TPS went back to hosting HM next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Jun is usually a quiet month. It's unlikely there will be another HM in Jun unless TPS went back to hosting HM next year. 

I go for Sep then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Konnichiwa said:

Not going to join Sundown because of the starting timing... look for other HM in June to join.

I need to sleep... my sleep can’t wait.. hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 7:36 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Online registration is now opened.

Thank you for updating. Just now done the registration.

P.S: *Loyalty rates are applicable to OSIM Sundown Marathon 2016 - 2018 participants. Please enter the email address used during registration as LIV3LY code to enjoy loyalty rates.

- SGD62.1 for HM.

 

Edited by ZZIZZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for updating. Just now done the registration.

P.S: *Loyalty rates are applicable to OSIM Sundown Marathon 2016 - 2018 participants. Please enter the email address used during registration as LIV3LY code to enjoy loyalty rates.

- SGD62.1 for HM.

 

@ZZIZZYou are welcome.

I'm still deciding whether to join FM or HM. For sure will not get burn by the sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

I'm still deciding whether to join FM or HM. For sure will not get burn by the sun.

Yes sir, if I could run FM, personally I will prefer to participate Sundown, rather than others... Why? The only reason is the weather, at least there is no sunburn with Sundown (if you can finish it before sunrise). This is what I discussed with my friend yesterday, when we were seeing the "Human BBQ"...😱😱

SCSM_humanBBQ - Copy.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The greatest fallacy about running the Sundown marathon is that it is easier.

Having done both the SCSM and SDM FM, I have to say that SDM FM was definitely more challenging.

For SCSM, apart from physical endurance, your greatest enemy is the weather.

For SDM, in additional to the above, you will need to combat your body's natural tendency to shut off, the reduced level of visibility and the higher humidity. Personally,  I found the humidity most challenging even though I am not averse to hot weather myself. 

But I suppose some will cope better running in the wee hours of the morning than others. So your mileage may vary. 

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

308kspk.png

sleep can wait...for SD, and so, how to overcome the sleep urge...you can see that sundown always starts after 12midnight...meaning sleep has to be suppressed as the morning hours taper to sunrise...

23l0d4.png

as your body needs also to rest, the bodily cells need to rest so that "recovery and growth" of new cells for the next day can be ready...and so have a proper restful sleep is always well advised...so at SD, you are supposed to fight the urge to sleep, against the natural cycle of bodily repair...and so disrupting the production of real energy...so every running step is always tiring...so you constant need to replenish to keep awake..and you will think of food and caffeine...

stress hormones will be ultimate produced in the day time, that is why, your feel energetic in the day time like the SCSM...ready because hormones are optimum and concentration with focus is driven by daylight...

however, as night falls, oxygen is lesser, you can based on biological green plants: Photosynthesis takes in the carbon dioxide produced by all breathing organisms and reintroduces oxygen into the atmosphere.give in the day....but, depletion of oxygen at night...and so, one needs to breath harder in the night...

as street lights may come from cool-light (white like daylight) while the night-light (orange)...so when running in brightly-lit area, you are more focus and attention with white, but when dim light (orange) comes, the mind switches instinctive to "sleep" mode...ready to zzzzZ..hopefully run West Coast Highway...uncle surely say is white light because cargo trucks need attentive drivers...and uncle ran WCH at night...don't ask uncle why...read this SCSM thread for the story...

it is known that if someone who wants to carry out night robbery, the best time is 3am-5am....this is also the time, when if you drive, you will be surely be not concentrating, and accidents are known to occur in these wee hours of morning...

have fun with SD, for if you never experience it, how can you then tell the difference between SD and SCSM? uncle runs zombie...meaning sleep while running...and make sure 3am-5am you don't land up sleeping with a street lamppost....thinking it is your pillow...

have fun with SD :)

.

Edited by kohpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 7:45 PM, stalky79 said:

Thinking of doing Gold Coast full marathon next year... most probably going to give this a miss

Shorter dist maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

@ZZIZZYou are welcome.

I'm still deciding whether to join FM or HM. For sure will not get burn by the sun.

I am hoping they release the starting time for us to make an informed decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lonewolf said:

The greatest fallacy about running the Sundown marathon is that it is easier.

Having done both the SCSM and SDM FM, I have to say that SDM FM was definitely more challenging.

For SCSM, apart from physical endurance, your greatest enemy is the weather.

For SDM, in additional to the above, you will need to combat your body's natural tendency to shut off, the reduced level of visibility and the higher humidity. Personally,  I found the humidity most challenging even though I am not averse to hot weather myself. 

But I suppose some will cope better running in the wee hours of the morning than others. So your mileage may vary. 

This part about SDM I fully agree.. I rem my mind shut down around 3am and I didn't even rem the pace i was running at till I refer to my pace at the end of race... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I am hoping they release the starting time for us to make an informed decision. 

@AutumnRunneryou are such a fast runner so i don't think will stretch till that time. Lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, prisangel said:

I'm doing the London Marathon on April 28th.

With that in mind, do you guys recommend I should do HM or FM for the Sundown?

For the past 2 years you said no more FM for sundown. But during sign up you still go for FM anyway.

I don't think anyone can give you good advice on that. Just follow your heart. London Marathon is a non-issue since its 4 weeks apart, more than enough time to recover already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, beast said:

For the past 2 years you said no more FM for sundown. But during sign up you still go for FM anyway.

I don't think anyone can give you good advice on that. Just follow your heart. London Marathon is a non-issue since its 4 weeks apart, more than enough time to recover already.

Hm.. Ya hor, why do I keep on ending up register for FM huh? 🤐🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 7:45 PM, stalky79 said:

Thinking of doing Gold Coast full marathon next year... most probably going to give this a miss

 might be good to plan for a race pace or some training to incorporate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×