Sign in to follow this  
prisangel

OSIM Sundown Marathon - 1 June 2019

2qt8rhv.jpg

yap, congrats to Sundown Marathon (*F4U Pte Ltd)...for the appointment of Infinitus Productions as the new event organiser.

Registration Fees to begin from S$35...compare to the yesteryears...

2e2f6fn.png

w133aa.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Infinitus Events are sometimes ELM Medal races. And I rem SDM used to have some of the best ELM Medals in the early years.

So if ELM medals are back on offer, I may join again (even though I no longer qualifies for 'loyalty rate')  

On 12/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, lonewolf said:

Infinitus Events are sometimes ELM Medal races. And I rem SDM used to have some of the best ELM Medals in the early years.

So if ELM medals are back on offer, I may join again (even though I no longer qualifies for 'loyalty rate')  

the 1st ELM medal of SD starts in 2011....

Back of Medal

hosting marathon event is either never make "too much financial loss" or go under (liability)...and it has happened to Hivelocity ("too much financial loss" to bear)...and also Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore  Spectrum Worldwide (SWW) ....go under

"The Straits Times understands that SWW has failed to pay various vendors for their services, owing numerous parties six-figure amounts each. Singapore Athletics, for one, is owed $160,000 for several services, including sanctioning fees. A running event typically also requires support in things such as road barricades, tentage, advertising boards and online registration services."

"It is believed that, in all, close to a million dollars is due."

Added cost besides IAFF sanctioned race..."Getting certified for IAAF" somehow gave me the chills...

let uncle enlightened you about to be certified as IAAF Road Race...

2q8r1pc.jpg

you must have top IAAF certified runners to compete...and of course, they must be invited, stay for free..and these are the COST to be added if you want to "Getting certified for IAAF"...

ELM Medals are excellent medals with distinctive excellence - only if organiser is going to "bear the cost"...

so far, Safra Bay Run and Army Half Marathon has kept up have most ELM medals delivered, simply the cost of logistics especially labour is almost NO COST financially...and no IAAF-sanctioned to worry...

Edited by kohpapa

Loyalty rate seems to be more expensive that SCSM. I remember paying less than $70 for SCSM.

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Loyalty rate seems to be more expensive that SCSM. I remember paying less than $70 for SCSM.

I think it's because you used Standard Chartered credit card during payment for SCSM.

9 minutes ago, K!m said:

I think it's because you used Standard Chartered credit card during payment for SCSM.

No, I don't have Standard Charter Credit card.

Just checked my past email. It's $68.04, after some adminsitrative charges. 

Edited by Ender

SCSM 2017 participant pays 10% of Super Early Bird $70…$63

$63 add 8% Active Fee is $68.04  correct

2 hours ago, Ender said:

Loyalty rate was $65 for Sundown last year. So $5 more ex this year.

I read somewhere that there is a special SCMS exhibition rate?

Edited by beast

5 hours ago, Ender said:

No, I don't have Standard Charter Credit card.

Just checked my past email. It's $68.04, after some adminsitrative charges. 

Oops, didn't realise.😛

On 11/30/2018 at 2:44 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

Wait a minute...What happened to Hivelocity?  They sold Sundown?

"Getting certified for IAAF" somehow gave me the chills.  SCMS in the making.

Yah me thought so too. Wonder what happened?

9 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Yah me thought so too. Wonder what happened?

Unfortunately, I don't know what happened either.. Trying to figure out what is the best way to find out politely..

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, kohpapa said:

hosting marathon event is either never make "too much financial loss" or go under (liability)...and it has happened to Hivelocity ("too much financial loss" to bear)...and also Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore  Spectrum Worldwide (SWW) ....go under

OhMyGod, where got  "too much financial loss" ?  &  go under (liability)... ? 

@kohpapa, try too hard,  too bad, u r  'in the wrong direction'

aiya...right or wrong...it is just an opinion on event organisers trying too hard...to please the runners, and yet having to pay for the high cost..in not only logistics, but also broadcasting right..example hosting "IAAF Gold Medal Race" sanctioned like SCSM...this added cost is what uncle highlighted...if Sundown (future) wants to go to that direction to also like SCSM hosting "sanctioned race" , then "too much financial loss" & go under (liability) had happened in recent years...SWW contract was taken over by Asia Ironman with also absorbing part or all of its liabilities for continuing SCMS changed to SCSM (Singapore Marathon)

important for all is, "What is the price of Sundown Marathon for Loyalty Runners?" from tomorrow at Race Pack Collection for SCSM @Sands any Special Promo?

Edited by kohpapa

9 hours ago, kohpapa said:

aiya...right or wrong...it is just an opinion on event organisers trying too hard...to please the runners, and yet having to pay for the high cost..in not only logistics, but also broadcasting right..example hosting "IAAF Gold Medal Race" sanctioned like SCSM...this added cost is what uncle highlighted...if Sundown (future) wants to go to that direction to also like SCSM hosting "sanctioned race" , then "too much financial loss" & go under (liability) had happened in recent years...SWW contract was taken over by Asia Ironman with also absorbing part or all of its liabilities for continuing SCMS changed to SCSM (Singapore Marathon)

important for all is, "What is the price of Sundown Marathon for Loyalty Runners?" from tomorrow at Race Pack Collection for SCSM @Sands any Special Promo?

so you saying events are too cheap?

running events in Singapore must be driven by numbers - in their high thousands...

uncle remembered in 2011 Sundown Ultramarathon 100, the marketing was to drive towards thousands participants from all over Asia and the rest of the World, and when uncle was there at marina barrage start-point, we as participants "raised" our hands to make a count of whose from which countries... it was quite a disappointing, because it was really short of high thousands, in fact it was merely low thousands...

yes, the logistics was tremendous...a route of 50-km from marina barrage - ECP - Tenah Marah - Changi - Loyang - Pasir Ris - Bedok Reservoir - and the tremendous support plus 10 km pit stop come with First-Aids as well as Sweeper Coaches...18 hours round the clock shifts of paid volunteers...and don't talk about the end point buffet supposed for thousands who didn't show up...

don't make "too much financial loss" is a term for what if expected thousands didn't register as expected...yes, Sundown did had a substantial loss on that one...financially...

and marathon events including SCMS again must go with high numbers...because runners looking at $30 - $40 budget...and if you ask someone to pay $100...what?..and must have discount 10-15%..otherwise, free gifts..$50 - $60 ok for Loyalty Runners..but with 7-8% Activation or Admin Fee...inclusive with GST.

lastly, many here still think and miss Sundown (Hivelocity) Marathon because all of us had many pleasant memories..started as Community Run around HDB Estates then, mostly on the Eastern side...and of course, the Changi Exhibition Hall (now part of the Tenah Merah Coastal Road), then Nicoll Highway, and now F1 Pit...

Yes, Sundown (F4U) Marathon is the name that not everyone is very used to...and yes, this Sundown (F4U) Marathon has planned to go China and even USA...ambitious trust, good for them...

Hivelocity will still be in town, and who knows they may come back as event organiser for Osim Sundown next time, let me say that uncle has really enjoyed Sundown (Hivelocity) Marathon over the decade and also ELM Medals were always treasured for all Finisher Medal collectors...uncle can go for zero-medal for all races, but not ELM Medal ones as Finisher Medals because they are honourable ones with pride.😉

Edited by kohpapa

22 hours ago, kohpapa said:

OhMyGod, where got  "too much financial loss" ?  &  go under (liability)... ? 

@kohpapa, again u r  'in the wrong direction'. Try harder.

SD & SC marathon -  after deduct all overhead cost, still made $. Is this profit or financial loss?  

SWW - also made $, but SWW does not pay his subcontractor. Important for all is, pls get the fact right   

1. The registration on their official website seems still not start yet, it still shows "LAUNCHING SOON".

2. Saw their booth at SCSM RECP event, they are working right now... weird...

5 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

1. The registration on their official website seems still not start yet, it still shows "LAUNCHING SOON".

2. Saw their booth at SCSM RECP event, they are working right now... weird...

You buy a registration code that enables you to register for free when they are officially open. But they collect your money now.

SCMS expo rate is the same as loyalty rate. First 50 sign ups every day get a free water bottle.

Edited by beast

Yup, according to the staff at the stall. Expo rates are same as loyalty rate but without the 3% registration fee. You get free 2018 singlet tee if you signed up at the expo. 

5 minutes ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Yup, according to the staff at the stall. Expo rates are same as loyalty rate but without the 3% registration fee. You get free 2018 singlet tee if you signed up at the expo. 

No wonder they dont accept credit cards. Thanks for clarifying.

looks like real Sundown Marathon 2019 best promo is really the soft launch that happened just week ago..120 free with contest, hope some of you win...

fuw5xd.jpg

just like in the past, if the real numbers of sign-up fail to meet the "financial" obligation (target), Sundown may "waive" the 3% registration, and maybe, have a better value than the initial Early Bird...or maybe with a One-Time Special (limited time only)...lol ...and that is the "what is the best price" that Sundown runners will be going for with a wait-and-see attitude...

uncle ran with free slot in one of the Sundown (Hivelocity) Editions, of course no T, no goodies bag and no medal...simply, free one from vendor...

coming 2019...wait-and-see loh...😉

Edited by kohpapa