Lunar (Pig) Run 2019 - 17 Feb (Sun)

banner.webp

Registrationhttp://bit.ly/2RQARqJ

Date: 17 Feb 2019 (Sun) 
Time: 7am
Venue: Punggol Waterway
Distance:  8.18km, 3.18km

Fee: $15 (8.18k) $10 (3.18km)

Another no-frills, no bag deposit, neighourhood run organised by the experienced Tampines Central CSC. I missed 2017 edition but ran in the 2018 edition. I will probably join again next year to make this my newest streak runs. 

This race clashed with the Run for Hope. 

Edited by lonewolf

cheap leh.. But why the weird distance? Is it the route is one round the waterway from the two sunrise and sunset bridge? Which is roughly 8.2km..

I usually support community run when they have standard distances like 10km, 21km. 15km also can coz sometime I benchmark myself at this distance too.

1 hour ago, Ender said:

cheap leh.. But why the weird distance? Is it the route is one round the waterway from the two sunrise and sunset bridge? Which is roughly 8.2km..

I usually support community run when they have standard distances like 10km, 21km. 15km also can coz sometime I benchmark myself at this distance too.

It’s auspicious sounding numbers

2 hours ago, Ender said:

81.8% the route would be the same as this year race route.:crazysmile:

28055881_2040547712888638_17472700162749

This year race even though was more expensive was actually better value with singlet + event T + Medal + PAssion Card 5% discount. 

Next yr, no singlet and no PAssion Card discount but still cheap so cannot really complain. 

Edited by lonewolf

- I participated this "Lunar Dog Run" in February this year, very well organized. Will definitely sign it up for 2019.

- By the way, as what I heard, "Mileage New Year Run" will take a break and won't be happening in 2019. So probably this Lunar Run 2019 will be the one of the few New Year Theme Races. 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

81.8% the route would be the same as this year race route.:crazysmile:

28055881_2040547712888638_17472700162749

This year race even though was more expensive was actually better value with singlet + event T + Medal + PAssion Card 5% discount. 

Next yr, no singlet and no PAssion Card discount but still cheap so cannot really complain. 

this route is shorter.. 8.18 is between sunrise and sunset bridge...

7 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Registrationhttp://bit.ly/2RQARqJ

Date: 17 Feb 2019 (Sun) 
Time: 7am
Venue: Punggol Waterway
Distance:  8.18km, 3.18km

Fee: $12 (8.18k) $10 (3.18km)

Another no-frills, no bag deposit, neighourhood run organised by the experienced Tampines Central CSC. I missed 2017 edition but ran in the 2018 edition. I will probably join again next year to make this my newest streak runs. 

Fees on the website shows it is $15 for 发km run , not $12. 🙂

22 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

Fees on the website shows it is $15 for 发km run , not $12. 🙂

Opps. :blush: Transcription error. :pc:

Corrected! Thanks for pointing out! :geek:

2 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Fees on the website shows it is $15 for km run , not $12. 🙂

Finally get it, on the weird 8.18 distance..

52 minutes ago, Ender said:

Finally get it, on the weird 8.18 distance..

its more of a gimmick lah... you can also say a lot of auspicious things with "10" and we can have a proper 10km run....

52 minutes ago, beast said:

its more of a gimmick lah... you can also say a lot of auspicious things with "10" and we can have a proper 10km run....

Well, this number is actually much more meaningful during CNY.

On the other hand, I'm thinking why they don't run for 700M more, so that the final distance will look more beautiful! I don't have objection with that...🤣😆😆

Just realized that this race clashes with "Run For Hope 2019", both in the morning on the same day.

5 hours ago, beast said:

They should call it 8.188km... Then runners can buy 4D..

Regardless of the symbolism behind the numbers in the distance, I agree with Beast that it's a gimmick. Because there's no way the distance can be that accurate. 

This year's distance based on my manual plot was 8.04km or 140m short. I'm sure there would be many others who run a bit longer or shorter.

Despite its weird distance, I joined because it's cheap and starts late enough for me to use public transport to get to race site without spending more money on taxis. The distance is also long enough to make the effort and I will just benchmark my performance with the rest of my 8K races. 

The only downside is that RPC will be at Tampines Hub which is a little far. 

11 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

This race is again right at my doorstep where i ran day in day out.... still considering if wanna join...

Don't find time to run...make time to run....

40 minutes ago, medic said:

Words of wisdom indeed! I concur!!

12 hours ago, medic said:

"Don't run when you are free, free your time to run instead!" 😝😝😝

hi i think visit Beijing, Jilin and Harbin from 19 Dec to 9 Jan 19. Use trains. Will trains be crowded because Chinese New Year? From 19 Dec to 9 Jan 2019, Will the High Bluestacks TextNow VPN Speed trains in China be crowded due to exodus of people going homes for their Chinese New Year Celebration which falls on 5 Feb 2019. 

Edited by zamakliss

On 11/29/2018 at 10:11 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Very familiar this phrase.....

??