Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Safari Zoo Run 2019 - 24 Feb (Sun)

masthead.jpg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SafariZooRunSingapore/
Registrationhttps://register.pinkapple.com.sg/cgi-bin/registration/szr2019/prereg.cgi

Date: 24th February 2019
Time: 7AM to 11AM
Venue: Singapore Zoo, River Safari, Night Safari

Race Categories/Fee

szr2019-04.png?crc=3989559433

Runner's Entitlements

szr2019-20.png?crc=139614837

szr2019-27.png?crc=3958203506

49666887_770549659947174_701085241351077

• Exclusive Safari Zoo Run 2019 Race Apparel (Singlet for Safari Zoo Challenge, T-shirt for the rest)
  • Carrier Bag
  • Reusable Water Bottle
  • Finisher’s Medal
  • Timing Chip for competitive runners
  • Runner Race Bib
  • Free admission to Singapore Zoo worth $33 (on 24 Feb 2019)
  • Free admission to River Safari worth $30 (on 24 Feb 2019)
  • 50% discount voucher to Night Safari & Jurong Bird Park* (till 31 Mar 2019)
  • 10% discount voucher off retail merchandise
  • 15% discount voucher for Wildlife Tours* (includes Manatee Mania at River Safari, RepTopia at Singapore Zoo, Safari Adventure Tour at Night Safari and Bird’s Eye Tour at Jurong Bird Park)

Race Pack Collection

u145641-39.png?crc=307630114

szr2019-03.png?crc=3914007215

[Comment] So Pinkapple is back as event organiser which makes this a likely ELM medal race. But OMG what a horrible singlet design. :bad: $60 for a 12K race is very expensive though so it's probably only worth joining if you are planning on staying back for a visit to the zoo and safari river park after the run. DAMN. The race has morphed into a BYOB race but at least a reusable bottle is given in the race pack.

Edited by lonewolf

Good to know that this race will be moved from Saturday to Sunday in 2019, ... But, Marina Run 2019 will be held on the day before, which is 23rd Feb 2019... Which to choose... 

2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Good to know that this race will be moved from Saturday to Sunday in 2019, ... But, Marina Run 2019 will be held on the day before, which is 23rd Feb 2019... Which to choose... 

Back to back time 10k!

marina run can’t do above 21km 

Edited by stalky79

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

To each his own but given my bad experience with Marina Run. The choice is obvious.

I love this run so I may join next year. See how much the race inflation is. May take the chance to spend a morning the zoo again and factor in the price of admission, it may be worth it. If River Safari is also included, then its become a very compelling proposition. :crazysmile:

Lol, my hk standchart kanna pending - reserve status. Marina run confirmed on 23 feb evening... will give it a miss and do safari instead on the following day 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:57 AM, stalky79 said:

Will sign up and Use as Recovery run if I get hk standard chartered 

Wish you good luck to get HKSC.

It is a damm nice experience!!! Climate is fantastic for a marathon. Wish i can do it again.

Just noticed that the organizer is back to Pink Apple again.

So does this mean ELM medals? 

Event singlet/tee is very generic though.

Really want to sign up this race, but the Zoo is a bit far from my place. And I have to run back-to-back race if I participate "Marina Run". I haven't signed up any of them tho...

On 11/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, beast said:

Just noticed that the organizer is back to Pink Apple again.

So does this mean ELM medals? 

Event singlet/tee is very generic though.

Yes. I guess the chance is very high for an ELM Medal race.  :bling:Of course, there is no certainty and not all Pink Apple races are ELM Medal race eg. King of the trials. 

The first post has been updated with all the new information.

WTH! The race has changed to a BYOB race. :thumbsd: But paper cup will still be provided by the competitive run so maybe can still consider joining. 

Edited by lonewolf

Yet to participate this event plus i have done Marina run before, so will join this event instead. Pocket also less taxing too.

Biggest factors are ELM medal very high & i'm sucker for camou attire. Lol...

11 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Yet to participate this event plus i have done Marina run before, so will join this event instead. Pocket also less taxing too.

Biggest factors are ELM medal very high & i'm sucker for camou attire. Lol...

Well, $60 for a 12K race isn't really cheap if you are not planning on visiting the zoo after the race.

Sucker for cammo attire? :startle:

You must either of the fairer sex ♀️ or someone who has not gone through NS. Most Spore male who has gone through NS would certainly not have an affinity for cammo. 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:14 AM, lonewolf said:

Well, $60 for a 12K race isn't really cheap if you are not planning on visiting the zoo after the race.

Sucker for cammo attire? :startle:

You must either of the fairer sex ♀️ or someone who has not gone through NS. Most Spore male who has gone through NS would certainly not have an affinity for cammo. 

I fully agree with you that $60 for 12K not cheap but all of us just want to enjoy the process of running.

Cute expression. I believe you would agree with me that with camou attire you could rest anywhere even the ground is dirty!

6 years done & dusted. 10 ICT ORDed. But i do agree with you that most Spore male who has gone thru' NS would not have any affinity for camou with my dealings with NSmen. Lol...

23 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

6 years done & dusted. 10 ICT ORDed. But i do agree with you that most Spore male who has gone thru' NS would not have any affinity for camou with my dealings with NSmen. Lol...

6 years done & dusted ==> You were a regular! :goodjob:

OK. I guess that would explain your affinity for the cammo gear.:crazysmile:

Medal design out

szr2019-27.png?crc=3958203506

From Left: Junior Dash, Zoo Walk, Duo Dash, Zoo Challenge

As usual for this race, the longer distance category get the medal with the least no of animals. :cray:

Last day for Early Bird Registration.

Wanna bet that due to 'overwhelming response' early bird registration will be extended? :crazysmile:

Then again this is more 'HiVelocity' playbook than Pink Apple. Speaking of HiV, have the exit the mass run event management business altogether? Their website still active but I dun see any events listed there. 

Posted (edited)

Buy 4D never so Zhun :crazysmile:

[EARLY BIRD RATE EXTENSION]

We Heard You!

Due to overwhelming response, we’ve now extended the Early Bird rates till 15th January 2019! 

49814773_764387447230062_305869686577299

49666887_770549659947174_701085241351077

Edited by lonewolf

I understand the appeal of a BYOB race. You save cost and appeal to environmentally minded people. 

And while throwing in a water bottle is a good counter move, I think it's moronic to give a water bottle not designed for running.

49671123_771229299879210_845260616521639

Maybe for those doing a leisurely walk its OK but definitely not for those running. 

9 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I understand the appeal of a BYOB race. You save cost and appeal to environmentally minded people. 

And while throwing in a water bottle is a good counter move, I think it's moronic to give a water bottle not designed for running.

Maybe for those doing a leisurely walk its OK but definitely not for those running.

Actually events around the world are going BYOB due to the safety aspect, amount of litter generated and a percentage escaping into the environment which is partly responsible for killing our wildlife and us (hormone disruptor, greenhouse gas generator, etc).

Too bad about the bottle design. At least they got a good wide opening which is important. Perhaps someone can tell them they need to change the design for runners. Alternatively there are holders you can use...

Remember to put your gel packets and their tabs into the bins provided so that the wildlife in the zoo can have enjoy clean water :)

Enjoy the run

image.png.2a363414f1b30f8ea0912df3a49b1764.png

19 hours ago, lonewolf said:

49671123_771229299879210_845260616521639

My Nathan, Camelbak running water bottles all easily cost $20 upwards.

But a quick check on the web,

https://www.decathlon.sg/p/8325524-6428-500ml-running-water-bottle.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAvebhBRD5ARIsAIQUmnk5brL06N4oZ8Aw2kaYl2ApZ-UM-BZEHH2vllAYpxviOHjLn2WAmhMaAspKEALw_wcB

So yes, a proper running water bottle that cost below $5 (or much less) can be available as the giveaway type.

BYOB is environmental right, but local events organiser should not take the easy way out (just grab whatever given by sponsor?) but to make it everything right (by giving the appropriate running water bottle).