Sign in to follow this  
NoobieRunner

STGR - Uglow Marathon 1st December 2018

A full marathon being held one week before SCSM?....... Brave....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. EVENT 活動

STGR MARATHON @CONEY ISLAND

10km / 21km trail / 42km trail - Register

10公里/21公里/42公里 - 報名

2. EVENT DATE and START TIMES*   日期 / 時間*

1 Dec 2018

42km - 7am*

21km - 730am*

10km - 8am*

*Flag-off and Cut-off times subject change for each category.

*All runners will be notified by email within 48 hours of event date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

37 minutes ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Did consider about SCSM but heck care in view of wooden finisher medal, running route & event T. 

So registered for HM cat.

Great~~~ Anyway, I can't make it as I will be in Hong Kong on that weekend for vertical marathon at Hong Kong ICC. 

Last year it was a trail run at Bukit Timah area? 

The running route is one of those you can do yourself but entitlements looks quite nice. I think I will just sign up for the 10K.

Yup Noobie likes the wooden finisher cube and also a new running route (for Noobie at least). But don't want to be over-invested in doing the marathon distance.
So Noobie plan is also to do the 21K HM 

21 hours ago, Arvin Tunas said:

Last year it was a trail run at Bukit Timah area? 

The running route is one of those you can do yourself but entitlements looks quite nice. I think I will just sign up for the 10K.

9 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

didnt know this race exist.... its a route that i run day in day out...... dunno if wanna take it as a LSD run...

Exactly how I see it. Especially now that the early bird registration are over, SGD$70 or SGD$90 for a Punggol/Coney Island 21km/42km run seems rather expensive. 

21km & 42km - 11% dirt trail*, 89% pavement - I should point out that  pavement run at Punggol Waterway can be inconducive as it is often narrow, worsen if there are family walking with small kids, e-scooters and bikes.

Also, I am just curious. From their website's course map, I don't find run route for the 42km. Is it going to be running twice the 21km route?

I run the route once in a while but along Punggol Waterway quite regularly. Thought of signing 10k but saw the fee is $50 now. Above my fee cap for 10k and I don't know this organiser.  Will skip and wait for reviews.

7am flag off in Singapore weather even though Dec is year-end monsoon not good. Running along the waterway can be very warm. Coney Island slightly better. 

But I heard NEA is imposing later start times for trail type races - prob out of concern for participants safety. 

23 minutes ago, kcslchin said:

7am flag off in Singapore weather even though Dec is year-end monsoon not good. Running along the waterway can be very warm. Coney Island slightly better. 

But I heard NEA is imposing later start times for trail type races - prob out of concern for participants safety. 

The gate to Coney Island only opens at 7am. So if you want to run through there, you can't start any earlier. 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:12 PM, lonewolf said:

The gate to Coney Island only opens at 7am. So if you want to run through there, you can't start any earlier. 

Oh yah. Forgot about that!

But for a run event, they could have negotiated that gate opening time. Anyway, happy running to those joining this.