Sign in to follow this  
NoobieRunner

STGR - Uglow Marathon 15th June 2019

3 hours ago, mover said:

It also getting crowded there during the weekend. Hope the bike rider avoids there at least for one Sat. 

Not to worry. Coney Island may see slightly more visitors (runners/hikers/bike riders) during weekends but it won't be crowded. So running along Coney Island will still be comfortable.

However, I can't say the same for Punggol Waterway PCN during weekends. You may expect more walkers/runners/bikers/PMDs coming from both direction along the stretch of PCN.

Mind you, it's no longer keep to your left thing anymore as NPark had unnecessarily drawn line along PCN meant to separate runners/walkers and PCN users (But who exactly fall under PCN users?). From my observation so far, this had caused more confusion and you may expect to see runners/walkers/PMDs on both the left and right sides along the stretch of PCN.

1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

Mind you, it's no longer keep to your left thing anymore as NPark had unnecessarily drawn line along PCN meant to separate runners/walkers and PCN users (But who exactly fall under PCN users?). From my observation so far, this had caused more confusion and you may expect to see runners/walkers/PMDs on both the left and right sides along the stretch of PCN.

The separation is for walkers/runners and cyclist/PMD users. 

Nothing confusing about that right? 

But of cos, only about 50% of PCN users adhere to the demarcation. :crazysmile:

Ok. Call me dumb. But can anyone tell me the correct answer?

(1) A - Cyclist & PMDs only          B - Runners, Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(2) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Runners & Walkers only

(3) A - Cyclist, PMDs & Runners only          B - Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(4) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Runners, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Walkers only

Isn't everyone also fall under PCN users? Why don't NPark just replace the [PCN] with a [Bike] logo?

PCN.jpg

2 hours ago, puppyrun said:

(1) A - Cyclist & PMDs only          B - Runners, Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(2) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Runners & Walkers only

(3) A - Cyclist, PMDs & Runners only          B - Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(4) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Runners, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Walkers only

Isn't everyone also fall under PCN users? Why don't NPark just replace the [PCN] with a [Bike] logo?

PCN.jpg

I also agree not confusing, my answer is 1. Runner shall be at the B side. Most of them know it except one or 2 runners .

But for the event, i don't think all runners can squeeze into B,  most of them will use the whole path. Anyway, only about 300+ runners for each different distance. 

6 hours ago, puppyrun said:

PCN.jpg

I slow jogger, will keep to the left as usual.

For your question.............

"PCN" - for cyclist and PMD and runners who can go fast enough to  travel the PCN network

"Walker: - Walkers, Wheelchairs, Kick scooter, and supposedly slow joggers like me ?

Anyway, if any runner or jogger don't follow, won't kena saman (get fined) lah LOL

7 hours ago, puppyrun said:

PCN.jpg

I agree!!

4 hours ago, mover said:

I also agree not confusing, my answer is 1. Runner shall be at the B side. Most of them know it except one or 2 runners .

Actually, what's really really irritating is bikers who ride on B side! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Finished my race , weather really hot. Lucky water point got coke , lemon water, ice water , ice , orange and banana. I start to like BYOB race, see very few waste and we can enjoy our drink at the point. 

It was a bit cloudy, that helps abit i guess. Was gorging on the fruit serving on finish. Wish all race like this. Also managed to get the shirt, i think im 140 someting out of 150

Very nice race. Punggol PCN and Coney island are not really trail running and I prefer the time it was around MCRitchie area.
Great atmosphere and human size crowd.

Friendly all the way from the pack collection to the after race time.

4 hours ago, Gusluk said:

It was a bit cloudy, that helps abit i guess. Was gorging on the fruit serving on finish. Wish all race like this. Also managed to get the shirt, i think im 140 someting out of 150

Only top 150 get a shirt?

I tought so, it was mentioned in their facebook i guess. It helps motivate the run. 

5 hours ago, Gusluk said:

I tought so, it was mentioned in their facebook i guess. It helps motivate the run. 

Oic. Congrats!

Good to know, as I'll definitely not qualify for one. Hence, won't consider signing up next year!

12 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Oic. Congrats!

Good to know, as I'll definitely not qualify for one. Hence, won't consider signing up next year!

It is top 150 for each category so it not so difficult.

Posted (edited)

I was running along the PCN at that period of time when the 21km started and all running towards me... most of the runners in the race are running at the narrower part (runners lane), which meant I am forced to run at the cycling path... haaa.....  

I saw Jenny Huang and she was the 2nd women I saw... hope she got into top 3...

Edited by AutumnRunner

Yes, only top 150 (of each run category - 10km/21km/42km) get the tee shirt at end of run. i was queing and good thing the girl came and inform those in queue. 

So sad for slow tortoise like me. I would like to have the red tee shirt  as a souvenir ?

14 hours ago, sicklycat said:

:phew:

Some female category got less than 150 runners so as long you finished you shall get a finisher T. That why I say it not difficult especially for female.

Posted (edited)

Heard nothing but good things about the run.

For those who have gotten the finisher tee, is the quality as good as the runner singlet?

Oh yes the race also promised food and drinks at the end of the race? So was it as good like a spread that we get for Newton Challenge, or its just biscuits/fruits? 

Edited by beast

3 hours ago, beast said:

Heard nothing but good things about the run.

For those who have gotten the finisher tee, is the quality as good as the runner singlet?

I have to say that the fee for this event is really not cheap. It's good that everything turned out good.

Perhaps, it's so positive that their website has already put the date up for next year's event to be on the 20 Jun 2020. And the venue? Not MacRitchie, not Daily Farm, but once again it's Coney Island! No real trail again! Looks like I won't be part of this run next year. B)

4 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

I have to say that the fee for this event is really not cheap. It's good that everything turned out good.

Perhaps, it's so positive that their website has already put the date up for next year's event to be on the 20 Jun 2020. And the venue? Not MacRitchie, not Daily Farm, but once again it's Coney Island! No real trail again! Looks like I won't be part of this run next year. B)

Yes price is the main thing that deters me from signing up.

Is it not meant to be a trail run in the first place? I understand the HK ones they organize are trail runs, but I am not sure if that is the case for Singapore. When I look at their website it says:
TGR brings to Singapore a road marathon, half marathon and 10km! 

11 minutes ago, beast said:

Yes price is the main thing that deters me from signing up.

Is it not meant to be a trail run in the first place? I understand the HK ones they organize are trail runs, but I am not sure if that is the case for Singapore. When I look at their website it says:
TGR brings to Singapore a road marathon, half marathon and 10km! 

Lol. You looked too fast. :P

It's TGR brings to Singapore a hybrid trail/road marathon, half marathon and 10km!

5 minutes ago, puppyrun said:

Lol. You looked too fast. :P

It's TGR brings to Singapore a hybrid trail/road marathon, half marathon and 10km!

Looks like they can't decide which is which.

https://s.tgr.run/overview/ - It says ROAD here.