Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NoobieRunner

STGR - Uglow Marathon 15th June 2019

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mover said:

It also getting crowded there during the weekend. Hope the bike rider avoids there at least for one Sat. 

Not to worry. Coney Island may see slightly more visitors (runners/hikers/bike riders) during weekends but it won't be crowded. So running along Coney Island will still be comfortable.

However, I can't say the same for Punggol Waterway PCN during weekends. You may expect more walkers/runners/bikers/PMDs coming from both direction along the stretch of PCN.

Mind you, it's no longer keep to your left thing anymore as NPark had unnecessarily drawn line along PCN meant to separate runners/walkers and PCN users (But who exactly fall under PCN users?). From my observation so far, this had caused more confusion and you may expect to see runners/walkers/PMDs on both the left and right sides along the stretch of PCN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1
1 hour ago, puppyrun said:

Mind you, it's no longer keep to your left thing anymore as NPark had unnecessarily drawn line along PCN meant to separate runners/walkers and PCN users (But who exactly fall under PCN users?). From my observation so far, this had caused more confusion and you may expect to see runners/walkers/PMDs on both the left and right sides along the stretch of PCN.

The separation is for walkers/runners and cyclist/PMD users. 

Nothing confusing about that right? 

But of cos, only about 50% of PCN users adhere to the demarcation. :crazysmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Call me dumb. But can anyone tell me the correct answer?

(1) A - Cyclist & PMDs only          B - Runners, Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(2) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Runners & Walkers only

(3) A - Cyclist, PMDs & Runners only          B - Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(4) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Runners, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Walkers only

 

Isn't everyone also fall under PCN users? Why don't NPark just replace the [PCN] with a [Bike] logo?

PCN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Ok. Call me dumb. But can anyone tell me the correct answer?

(1) A - Cyclist & PMDs only          B - Runners, Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(2) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Runners & Walkers only

(3) A - Cyclist, PMDs & Runners only          B - Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(4) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Runners, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Walkers only

 

Isn't everyone also fall under PCN users? Why don't NPark just replace the [PCN] with a [Bike] logo?

PCN.jpg

I also agree not confusing, my answer is 1. Runner shall be at the B side. Most of them know it except one or 2 runners .

But for the event, i don't think all runners can squeeze into B,  most of them will use the whole path. Anyway, only about 300+ runners for each different distance. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, puppyrun said:

Ok. Call me dumb. But can anyone tell me the correct answer?

(1) A - Cyclist & PMDs only          B - Runners, Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(2) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Runners & Walkers only

(3) A - Cyclist, PMDs & Runners only          B - Walkers, strollers & wheelchairs only

(4) A - Cyclist, PMDs, Runners, Strollers & Wheelchairs only          B - Walkers only

 

Isn't everyone also fall under PCN users? Why don't NPark just replace the [PCN] with a [Bike] logo?

PCN.jpg

 

I slow jogger, will keep to the left as usual.

 

For your question.............

"PCN" - for cyclist and PMD and runners who can go fast enough to  travel the PCN network

"Walker: - Walkers, Wheelchairs, Kick scooter, and supposedly slow joggers like me 😁

 

Anyway, if any runner or jogger don't follow, won't kena saman (get fined) lah LOL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mover said:

I also agree not confusing, my answer is 1. Runner shall be at the B side. Most of them know it except one or 2 runners .

Actually, what's really really irritating is bikers who ride on B side! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my race , weather really hot. Lucky water point got coke , lemon water, ice water , ice , orange and banana. I start to like BYOB race, see very few waste and we can enjoy our drink at the point. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a bit cloudy, that helps abit i guess. Was gorging on the fruit serving on finish. Wish all race like this. Also managed to get the shirt, i think im 140 someting out of 150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice race. Punggol PCN and Coney island are not really trail running and I prefer the time it was around MCRitchie area.
Great atmosphere and human size crowd.

Friendly all the way from the pack collection to the after race time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gusluk said:

It was a bit cloudy, that helps abit i guess. Was gorging on the fruit serving on finish. Wish all race like this. Also managed to get the shirt, i think im 140 someting out of 150

Only top 150 get a shirt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gusluk said:

I tought so, it was mentioned in their facebook i guess. It helps motivate the run. 

Oic. Congrats!

Good to know, as I'll definitely not qualify for one. Hence, won't consider signing up next year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Oic. Congrats!

Good to know, as I'll definitely not qualify for one. Hence, won't consider signing up next year!

It is top 150 for each category so it not so difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was running along the PCN at that period of time when the 21km started and all running towards me... most of the runners in the race are running at the narrower part (runners lane), which meant I am forced to run at the cycling path... haaa.....  

I saw Jenny Huang and she was the 2nd women I saw... hope she got into top 3...

Edited by AutumnRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, only top 150 (of each run category - 10km/21km/42km) get the tee shirt at end of run. i was queing and good thing the girl came and inform those in queue. 

So sad for slow tortoise like me. I would like to have the red tee shirt  as a souvenir 😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×