Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Compressport Forest Force 50 2019 - 05 May (Sun)

Recommended Posts

44992554_2156179031301065_62822218289035

Website: http://www.forestforce50.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FF50race/
Registration: http://bit.ly/2rfyOBs

Date: 05 May 2019 (Sun)
Categories:    15km, 25 km, 50 km
Venue: MOE Dairy Farm Outdoor Adventure Centre 

Note: This is a BYOB Race

Flag Off and Cut off Timing
[50 KM] 07:00 AM (07:00 to 17:00)
[25 KM] 07:15 AM (07:15 to 13:15)
[15 KM] 07:30 AM (07:30 to 11:30)

Registration Fee (Early Birds registration close 20 Jan 2019)

15km: $50 (Early Bird) $60 (Normal Rate)

25km: $65 (Early Bird) $75 (Normal Rate)

50km: $80 (Early Bird) $90 (Normal Rate)

Race Entitlements

  • Exclusive Event Tee 
  • Finisher's Medal 
  • Exclusive Compressport Race Pack Carrier 
  • Exclusive discounts from race sponsors 
  • Snacks and drinks at waterpoints and finish points 
  • 20% off at TripleFit’s Retail Zone (excluding Every Second Counts x Kazuki Kuraishi and Consumer Electronics)
  • 1 Free copy of RUN Singapore's Digital edition 
  • Complimentary copies of RUN Singapore for the 1st 200 race pack collectors. Redemption of magazines to be made at Bold Ink Magazine 
  • 1 year complimentary subscription to ELXR, a revolutionary DNA based fitness mobile training app which is tailored to your genetics and provides a customised training program 
     

524644750_2019-05-04CompressportFF50Ent.jpg.e82c3ea62e43549b185d874718686e4e.jpg

Race Pack Collection Details
Date: 27 to 28 April 2019 
Time: 11 AM to 7 PM 
Venue: Triplefit 
9 Raffles Boulevard, #02 - 63, Millenia Walk, Singapore 039596 

[COMMENT] Same race organiser as On the Hill 10K/Force of Nature Ultra Marathon. This is probably what On the Hill 10K has morphed into. Over 90% trail similar to FONU. 
Very likely to clash with Star Wars Run (if there is one) 

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the hill 10korganizer, No no, once is enough. Give me free also won’t sign up

Edited by stalky79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joined Force of Nature 23km this year, overall organization was very average. Support throughout the run was barely sufficient. If it was the same organizer then maybe will skip it unless race fees is really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, stalky79 said:

On the hill 10korganizer, No no, once is enough. Give me free also won’t sign up

ok ok. not as bad as exchange society haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bookie said:

ok ok. not as bad as exchange society haha

That one pay me to run limpeh also won’t consider 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joined last year.  Singage can be improved. I belong to a bunch of runners who strayed into the bike trail and kenna yelled at by the bikers.  Overall I liked the experience  to  passed thru diary farm all the way to macritchie. 

Bookmark the date first.. Closer than decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ender said:

Joined last year.  Singage can be improved. I belong to a bunch of runners who strayed into the bike trail and kenna yelled at by the bikers.  Overall I liked the experience  to  passed thru diary farm all the way to macritchie. 

Bookmark the date first.. Closer than decide.

Besides this event, they are going to organize Compressport Force Of Nature Marathon 2019 with distance of 5, 10, 25 & 50 Km. Date tentative 06 July 2019. Going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, stalky79 said:

On the hill 10korganizer, No no, once is enough. Give me free also won’t sign up

I joined on the hill 10k last year. The start time was delayed for about an hour, but that was due to the weather (raining). I have nothing bad to say about the organizer, and enjoyed myself at that event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ender said:

Joined last year.  Singage can be improved. I belong to a bunch of runners who strayed into the bike trail and kenna yelled at by the bikers. 

We were facing the same issue on last Saturday at MSIG AA50, a lot of mountain bikes speeding and rushing towards us... Looks scary.😤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Besides this event, they are going to organize Compressport Force Of Nature Marathon 2019 with distance of 5, 10, 25 & 50 Km. Date tentative 06 July 2019. Going?

Actually it's the Force of Nature that I ran last year, not this Forest force. Why are they organising two very similar events? The distances also the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

We were facing the same issue on last Saturday at MSIG AA50, a lot of mountain bikes speeding and rushing towards us... Looks scary.😤

Means the signage not clear where the bike trail meets hiker trails. Or the runners were too tired. For me, I seldom look out for signage, just follow the group I am with atm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ender said:

Actually it's the Force of Nature that I ran last year, not this Forest force. Why are they organising two very similar events? The distances also the same. 

Force of Nature venue will be shifted to MacRitchie. So likely the route would be different. But probably SSBD for the experienced trail runners. :crazysmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'm in the minority, last on the hill run I waited the rain and had enjoyable run. Would probably run again this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of trail events are not many compared to road in a calendar year.

Most probably i will join for the challenges & punishing that trail events usually offer by testing myself.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed that this race has been re-scheduled to Sunday, 5th May, 2019...

And the other race "Compressport Force Of Nature Marathon 2019" was re-scheduled to Saturday, 14th Sept 2019.

Edited by ZZIZZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to register today, and it looks like they extend the early bird till 31st Jan.   Maybe I will decide till then, coz it is just one week after Income Eco run..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ender said:

I was about to register today, and it looks like they extend the early bird till 31st Jan.   Maybe I will decide till then, coz it is just one week after Income Eco run..

What categories are you joining for both runs? 

There is income run every year so you may want to prioritize Forest Force

Just to let you know for Forest Force last year the race organization and experience was only borderline OK. Feel there wasn't enough support stations for the price they charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ender said:

I was about to register today, and it looks like they extend the early bird till 31st Jan.   Maybe I will decide till then, coz it is just one week after Income Eco run..

Errrr................ I just realized that a couple of things are gonna happen:

1. After rescheduling, this race will clash with TPS 2019 race-1. So I will go with TPS.

2. And... Eco run will happen one week before the TPS... so it will be back to back HM for one week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beast said:

What categories are you joining for both runs? 

There is income run every year so you may want to prioritize Forest Force

Just to let you know for Forest Force last year the race organization and experience was only borderline OK. Feel there wasn't enough support stations for the price they charge. 

I have already signed up for 21k for the income eco run. And if I were to sign for this , it will the 25km. 

I don't have much complain for last year Force of Nature run (23km) except at one point I strayed into the bike track and kenna yelled at by bikers. And about 20km, thr finishing point was only like 200m away but we were directed to away for a bigger loop back. That was a big morale dampener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Errrr................ I just realized that a couple of things are gonna happen:

1. After rescheduling, this race will clash with TPS 2019 race-1. So I will go with TPS.

2. And... Eco run will happen one week before the TPS... so it will be back to back HM for one week.

 

Would prefer a Saturday for a trail run too............wonder why the shift to Sunday......

Assuming it was still May 4th, would you have go for this run and TPS-1?

16 hours ago, Ender said:

I have already signed up for 21k for the income eco run. And if I were to sign for this , it will the 25km. 

I don't have much complain for last year Force of Nature run (23km) except at one point I strayed into the bike track and kenna yelled at by bikers. And about 20km, thr finishing point was only like 200m away but we were directed to away for a bigger loop back. That was a big morale dampener.

I think you are fit enough to take back to back HM weekends.......

The same issues will likely to be around again if they are still using the same route....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, beast said:

Assuming it was still May 4th, would you have go for this run and TPS-1?

If that's the case: Saturday 25KM trail race, Sunday HM?... No way.... I can't make it, will die for sure................ 🤩😝

By the way, I'm not sure whether or not "Star Wars Run 2019" will happen, and probably on "May the 4th"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×