kiwi.kczt

Dull Pain on Right Shin

Hello friends, made an account to ask a quick question.

A bit of background, I have been training for a 21km half marathon at the end of the year. I am 90kg, 183cm tall, and I run with a midfoot strike. Been running regularly for the past year or so, but low mileage of around 10km total a week. About 2 months ago I have been getting pain in my right shin. I would describe the pain as very dull, around 5-10cm above my right ankle and towards the inside (closer to the body centerline). Funnily enough the pain goes away during the run, but comes back immediately after.

Does this sound like shin splits or a stress fracture? And are there any sports doctors you could recommend for my injury?

Thanks a lot!

58 minutes ago, kiwi.kczt said:

A bit of background, I have been training for a 21km half marathon at the end of the year. I am 90kg, 183cm tall, and I run with a midfoot strike. Been running regularly for the past year or so, but low mileage of around 10km total a week. About 2 months ago I have been getting pain in my right shin. I would describe the pain as very dull, around 5-10cm above my right ankle and towards the inside (closer to the body centerline). Funnily enough the pain goes away during the run, but comes back immediately after.

Does this sound like shin splits or a stress fracture? And are there any sports doctors you could recommend for my injury?

Thanks a lot!

both are actually the same in certain ways...when you press down on the injured area..does the flesh sink in and take some time to recover back to original position

Thanks for the reply!

It's difficult to precisely pinpoint the exact location of the pain. When I press on the general area, there flesh immediately bounces back. No swelling that I can detect, just pain.

Not sure if it'll help, but the pain is worst in the mornings, when I put my weight on my feet immediately after getting up from bed.

best to seek medical advice...

get a referral from polyclinic to go KTPH or CGH to see sports doc..

You don't have to go straight to a sports doctor. You can try a sports physiotherapist or a sports chiropractor first. You would one some one who is trained with athletic injuries with a focus to get you back to sports. This will involve rehabilitation and strength-training! 

You'd probably find this post interesting: Surprising Lessons From Watching The World's Best Runners

I practise as a sports chiropractor in clarke quay - my details on my profile. If you prefer a physio, I can get you in touch with some one at UFIT who would be suitable for you. As far as sports doctor goes, most of my patients see Dr. Cormac O Muircheartaigh from The Sports Medicine Lab

How many cases do you generally see of people needlessly going to the sports doc, Squareone? Do you see this often?

On 9/17/2018 at 2:25 PM, kiwi.kczt said:

Thanks a lot!

if this are your expressions...

1zgdjjc.jpg

it means ths painful leg injury can lead to a stress fracture if not properly taken care of..

so beat shin pain!

23h9fs7.jpg

common taping style for common leg injury..

juzcpe.png

Edited by kohpapa