Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

2XU Compression Run 2019 - 07 Apr (Sun)

Once again, i am flagging out the rates, look again, $80, $70 for a half-marathon, not cheap cheap run, close to $100 for a half. Cut all the quarrels short and sweet, if paying that high amount for such standards, Just give it a miss next year! 

We should move on !

860721084_2019-04-072XUCompressionRunFee.jpg.7744a1cd6e2af73dd2a1a46a2692cf6a.jpg

OhMyGod,

A Stomper who participated in the 10km race alerted Stomp to the situation & "None of the competitive prizes has been realised".

Pink Apply said that race results have already been tabulated but will only be posted "upon fulfilment of a contractual obligation by Key Power International".

In response to a Stomp media query, Key Power Sports said: "For the 2XU Compression Run result, there are technical issues and we are doing our best to update as soon as we can."

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/2xu-compression-run-2019-organiser-delays-release-of-runners-race-results-due-to?fbclid=IwAR2NZCS2SnNVtRgK729DNyEgekVzeJg8a8Ii6XurTigFPtwoSgvCYfMvA4c

Any bicycle with speed/cadence sensor would have better distance accuracy compared to gps. It does not need to be IAAF standard, but at least organizer should make effort to measure distance properly. Those sensor would be like under 100$, hire one guy to bike along with the pacer. I guess it would be worthy small investment for the purpose of the race. Using gps as measurement is just lazy

Aren't we glad that this shameful saga has finally been reported by The Straits Times? At least the non-running public will now know Pink Apple and Key Power have left a stain to their corporate image that left more than 15,000 runners angry and frustrated. Ultimately when the results get released, or even not, few runners remember your good. But all runners will remember your bad. 

5 hours ago, swtmt said:

Aren't we glad that this shameful saga has finally been reported by The Straits Times? At least the non-running public will now know Pink Apple and Key Power have left a stain to their corporate image that left more than 15,000 runners angry and frustrated. Ultimately when the results get released, or even not, few runners remember your good. But all runners will remember your bad. 

what is the straits times going to help? This cheater one also got reported, but still is out acting like the princess and spamming our sgrunners  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/motivational-contest-for-runners-cancelled-over-voting-issues 

7 hours ago, swtmt said:

I'm not sure why PA is being blamed when PA is also a victim of non-payment. You guys should go after KPI since KPI collected your money & not PA. If KPI has paid all vendors, this saga would not have happened right?

7 hours ago, bookie said:

what is the straits times going to help? This cheater one also got reported, but still is out acting like the princess and spamming our sgrunners  

STOP it lah. Did she owe you money or what? You are spamming as well when you keep on posting about it. ?

Don't be surprised the upcoming Income Eco Run 2019 race result may be released earlier than this "gone case" !

Looks like 2XU Compression Run may follows the Newton Challenge footpath (offline became online or virtual run)...

4 hours ago, activerun said:

Don't be surprised the upcoming Income Eco Run 2019 race result may be released earlier than this "gone case" !

Looks like 2XU Compression Run may follows the Newton Challenge footpath (offline became online or virtual run)...

I hope they don't become virtual run. It is always more enjoyable to participate in mass run events.

17 minutes ago, starfinder said:

I hope they don't become virtual run. It is always more enjoyable to participate in mass run events.

Agreed! That's no point participate Online/Virtual run which you are actually doing it during your training run!

6 hours ago, activerun said:

Did Newton Challenge become an online/virtual run? I thought  another race organizer took over and it was still a mass run event that happened...

40 minutes ago, beast said:

Did Newton Challenge become an online/virtual run? I thought  another race organizer took over and it was still a mass run event that happened...

Dear Beast,

Not sure this is counted. Held earlier this year.

NEWTON.png

54 minutes ago, beast said:

Beast,  It's not the Newton Challenge as commented by lonewolf!

11 minutes ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Dear Beast,

Not sure this is counted. Held earlier this year.

NEWTON.png

You're right, SG Red Devil, it was converted to online race this year!

I had wanted to try Newton Challenge last year. Unfortunately, it didn't happen and it became a virtual run this year. I don't know about the costs, but perhaps it is more profitable for them to have it virtual?

Sigh... let's not enter into the debate of which is the original newton challenge again...

To me the Challenge32 resembles more of the original newton challenge because it falls under the same period, its held at east coast park and it has the signature 32km route. It is unfortunate that Newton did not agree to sponsor the run anymore,  but  later lends its name to Spacebib to the virtual run format.

I totally forgotten about the virtual run till you guys reminded me again.

In any case yes let's hope it doesn't gets canned next year, though a lot of damage to the run's brand name has already been made.

9 hours ago, starfinder said:

Just let you all know 2XU has posted 2 albums of race photos in their FB. As for the timings...still got to wait.

How much longer is this going to take?!

Can consider installment payment?

Party A pay Party B one hundred dollars each day, then day by day we can have results for 1 thousand runners each day...from last to first.??

maybe photos in same way...

Definitely they are ruining their own reputation... Our race result? Who cares! There are plenty of races held per year, we have tons of choices... ?

15 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Definitely they are ruining their own reputation... Our race result? Who cares! There are plenty of races held per year, we have tons of choices... ?

Actually I am not too concern on the race result as I run base on my humble stop watch, which is already the net time. Apart from this fiasco, the run did go well, even though the post race activities were below what I had expected. If they still organize the run next year, very likely I will take part again, because I like its brand of event tee and shirt :-p

Given the hoo-ha and the fact that Key Power Sports is seemingly having financial issues that they couldn't get out of in the short run, I don't think we will be seeing the results anytime soon unless Racetime compromises out of goodwill to release them first before payment. 

Don't think we will see next year's edition as well. Come to think of it the reason why last year's Newton Run was cancelled might also be because of Key Power Sports finances.  

So we are losing the 2 of the biggest HM in the country - this and AHM. What will this mean for the local paid runs scene? Will runners consider other HMs like Income Run, Marina Run and CSC Run By The Bay more favourably now, or will we be seeing new HMs?

I am wondering if end of the day do they make any profit at all? If they still make a reasonable net profit, they should continue to host the race.

And I think whether it is Income, Marina or CSC, as long their HMs are in the city area, the routes will be quite similar.

2 hours ago, starfinder said:

I am wondering if end of the day do they make any profit at all? If they still make a reasonable net profit, they should continue to host the race.

And I think whether it is Income, Marina or CSC, as long their HMs are in the city area, the routes will be quite similar.

They definitely made a profit. The registration fees collected probably used as cash flow somewhere else, either pay previous debts, make deposits/down payments or other investments. 

The brand name  has been damaged so it will take a lot of efforts to rebuild that back even assuming Key Power Sports wants to do it again next year.

Regarding the route, unfortunately and sadly a run with massive scale will be ideal in the city area. Not only is it most accessible to all runners, but closures of roads and routes can be easily and better managed compared to the heartlands like Punggol as the office crowds will not visit there during weekends.