Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run 2019 - 07 Apr (Sun)

On 4/10/2019 at 10:07 AM, beast said:

I remember you took shuttle buses to race venue right? So no matter how you also need to wake up at the same time?

nope... I didn't....

29 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

This type of conflict should have not been revealed to the public, the reputation of all sides will be ruined, no winner...  🤦‍♂️

I think cause many runners are sending emails to pink apple to ask for results... so maybe they just made it public and ask runners to find KPI instead...

9 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

Some payment disputes between pink apple and key power sports is it 

That's my guess too...

Whatever it is, hope they resolve it soon!

12 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

I think cause many runners are sending emails to pink apple to ask for results... so maybe they just made it public and ask runners to find KPI instead...

Im one of them. also cc-ed keypower sports.

Posted (edited)

Any one know which party collected runners registration 💰? PA or KPI?

if it is KPI, then it could be understood why PA hold the results.

if it is PA, then our innocent runners should not be dragged into the issues between them.

Edited by Haibei1971

Posted (edited)

Update:

This should have been the statement put out by Pink Apple initially instead of referring runners to Key Power Sports. As far as the participants are concerned, KPS is just the distributor of the Title Sponsor. Pink apple the event organiser and should be responsible for all aspects of the race, including providing timely race results.

A little bit disappointed with Pink Apple performance lately. They are beginning to slip. In fact, remind me so much of HiVelocity. HiV used to be the gold standard when it comes to organising races. Then standards dropped and corners are cut and now HiV is no more. Let's hope Pink Apple don't get on that slippery slope. 

Someone posted an interesting message from Racetime (the provider of the timing for the race)

57083582_2397055190306818_14625798634403

So yes. It looks like a payment issue from KPI. 

Edited by lonewolf

Well if I paid my race fee to the organizer, its their responbility to fulfill their obligation. If the sponsor didnt fulfill their obligation to sponsor it should work out between them and not use the participant as pressure. If they play this route, they should know whose name will be impacted more, PA or KPI. In fact we don't know that even whos the sponsor of the race, all we know is organizer failed. 

I'm very disappointed with 2XU or pink apple or key power. 

The rates are considered the steep side, $82, $70, for one half-marathon yet charging such expensive rate, they do not have enough money pay their contractor to do the tabulation of result ! How much more we must pay them to be more efficient ? $100 for one half-marathon ? Its not cheap mind u. Totally not acceptable, for such expensive race and such standard....

860721084_2019-04-072XUCompressionRunFee.jpg.7744a1cd6e2af73dd2a1a46a2692cf6a.jpg

1 hour ago, AdiZero said:

I'm very disappointed with 2XU or pink apple or key power. 

The rates are considered the steep side, $82, $70, for one half-marathon yet charging such expensive rate, they do not have enough money pay their contractor to do the tabulation of result ! How much more we must pay them to be more efficient ? $100 for one half-marathon ? Its not cheap mind u. Totally not acceptable, for such expensive race and such standard....

860721084_2019-04-072XUCompressionRunFee.jpg.7744a1cd6e2af73dd2a1a46a2692cf6a.jpg

Pay so much organiser cannot pay contractor?  Hey their finance dunno ho to calculate is it?

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, beast said:

Every race there will be people who measure the distance differently.

This is not the first run that I see people bringing up this discussion - in fact this is especially more hotly debated in previous years's AHM where people would usually complain why the distance is not zun zun 21.1km because it is SAF who does the route planning and this kind of error cannot be tolerated for army where precision must exist. I remember you were part of those discussions too.

GPS signals is not foolproof and since no 2 runners use the same device and had the same activities (Did they detour to go toilet? Stop to take drinks?), there will obviously be discrepancies.

That said, I am interested to know how 2XU replies you. Let us know what they say.

I beg to differ. If we had such technology to measure such distances with such precision, IAAF and AIMS will not resort to only approving distances made using a Jones counter, which is a tedious and traditional way of calculating distances. Wouldn't they rather stick to using technology to approve distances, if such precision exist?

If they made the distance longer, there will still be runners who will complain why make them run a longer distance and they will then doubt if they have claimed their PBs or not. It will still not please everyone. 

I have learn to respect disciplined runners who have taken the time and effort to train up for runs and want to see their improvements over time. It is motivating to see what you have invested in eventually come to fruition.

But to be so anal about the distance....it's another story. You have already bought your expensive Garmin watch, so just trust what it says and based all your timings from it. Don't have to mind what others are saying or how their devices are calculating, because at the end of the day, you are the one and only one that really cares whether you claim a PB or not.

Pink Apple has just replied this.(Refer to attached)

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at .jpeg

Edited by yh90

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, yh90 said:

Pink Apple has just replied this.(Refer to attached)

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at .jpeg

Thought its supposed to be 21.1km.............

So based on their reply what distance will you be taking now?

On 4/12/2019 at 6:27 PM, lonewolf said:

Update:

This should have been the statement put out by Pink Apple initially instead of referring runners to Key Power Sports. As far as the participants are concerned, KPS is just the distributor of the Title Sponsor. Pink apple the event organiser and should be responsible for all aspects of the race, including providing timely race results.

A little bit disappointed with Pink Apple performance lately. They are beginning to slip. In fact, remind me so much of HiVelocity. HiV used to be the gold standard when it comes to organising races. Then standards dropped and corners are cut and now HiV is no more. Let's hope Pink Apple don't get on that slippery slope. 

Someone posted an interesting message from Racetime (the provider of the timing for the race)

So yes. It looks like a payment issue from KPI. 

Pink Apple has been adopting the attitude of "If it is not an error on my side, I am not going to help fix it". Technically they are not in the wrong for "pushing the runners in the other direction" if it is not something to be blamed on their side, but as the event organizer they could have been more helpful to the runners. The transport app issue, and now this holding of results till they are paid.  Even if it does not make business sense to do so, they could have helped manage the runners as a form of goodwill, because it will help their brand in the long run. It is as if they couldn't care about the issues of the run at all.

Pink Apple has been very inconsistent in providing race quality since a long time ago. My suspicion is there has been a large change in management and stuff since their organization of the 2XU Marathon, which is the epitome of their race organization credentials. 

Edited by beast

3 minutes ago, beast said:

Pink Apple has been adopting the attitude of "If it is not an error on my side, I am not going to help fix it". Technically they are not in the wrong for "pushing the runners in the other direction" if it is not something to be blamed on their side, but as the event organizer they could have been more helpful to the runners. The transport app issue, and now this holding of results till they are paid.  Even if it does not make business sense to do so, they could have helped manage the runners as a form of goodwill, because it will help their brand in the long run. It is as if they couldn't care about the issues of the run at all.

Pink Apple has been very inconsistent in providing race quality since a long time ago. My suspicion is there has been a large change in management and stuff since their organization of the 2XU Marathon, which is the epitome of their race organization credentials. 

Ive Dropped them a email how they measured.

2 hours ago, beast said:

Hi FRIEND BEAST,

BUT IT IS NOT "2XU Marathon" IT IS ONLY "Half-Marathon" THANK YOU

9 minutes ago, bookie said:

Hi FRIEND BEAST,

BUT IT IS NOT "2XU Marathon" IT IS ONLY "Half-Marathon" THANK YOU

Uhhh I think you need to read more carefully.

I was saying that Pink Apple had their best race organization days in 2014, when they were good enough to even organize the 2XU marathon, which many had strong praises of. After 2014, their race organization for runs had been very on and off.

As long as they are not claiming to be certified by any sports body, it is okay but just make sure the distance is accurate.

What Pink Apple did is quite a drastic measures, the situation of Key Power Sports must be quite severe for Pink Apple to burn the bridge. 

11 minutes ago, yh90 said:

Im speechless about this.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-15 at 4.48.48 PM.jpeg

What was the exact question that you asked them?

For planning purposes, no surprises if they just map the distance online. After which, they most likely will still do an onsite recee to ensure that the route is "runable"" and measure the distance to ensure it is 21km or thereabout.

47 minutes ago, yh90 said:

So far I think only scsm is certified. So can't expect them to use bicycle and to the measurement on actual course. 

1 hour ago, beast said:

What was the exact question that you asked them?

For planning purposes, no surprises if they just map the distance online. After which, they most likely will still do an onsite recee to ensure that the route is "runable"" and measure the distance to ensure it is 21km or thereabout.

I asked how they measured the HM

Their answer is not unexpected what.  Which is why this kind of races, can never tell whether the course is accurate.  If you trust your watch, just use the average pace times 21.1km lor.  You want accurate distance, run 52 rounds a stadium lor.  Even then may not be accurate haha.

Next time all events organiser smart liao. They will use whatever online maps to map out an additional 500m of run to be safe. Then when got dispute from participants on why having to run the extra distance, they will reply that the complimentary 500m is a bonus given out to all participants without having to pay anything extra. No more short change complaints from runners. 😂

Since the topic touches on course accuracy. Our SCSM is IAAF certified, is it certified for  42km only? or 21km and 10 km are certified too? 

5 hours ago, yh90 said:

Actually, why would they use bicycle to measure this route so accurately? Especially since they are not IAAF certified/ not going after Gold label?